Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.2 Average

Lucy Summers - Discussion (Non-Babeshow)

continental19 Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Lucy Summers - Discussion (Non-Babeshow)
WHOOOOO I'm so happy for Lucy, now she can start to put this behind her and move on, BIG HUGS FROM YOUR No1 FANSmileHeartHeartHeart
17-02-2012 16:56
Find all posts by this user
thefred Offline
Posting Machine

Great news! Hope to see you soon, Lucy. Smile
17-02-2012 18:57
winsaw Offline
winsaw is the insider lol

wright decision all round i would say tax man will get his money back and we still get to see the lovely Lucy, if only i lived in south somerset and not west somerset Lucy could be round doing a few little jobs for me Wink

currently walking on the Sunny side of the street

Best Cap Poster 2016 & 2017, runner-up 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 & 2023
17-02-2012 23:29
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Yes also just to echoe the sentiments great news and look forward to seeing Lucy again gracing our screens. Jail for me is only for bad people and the only thing Lucy is gulity of is being a wee bit naughty Tongue Let's just hope that everybody gets behind her now and that she is allowed to move on Cool
18-02-2012 15:18
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

Only just seen this so apologies if I cover old ground.

She did wrong, got caught, admitted it, is paying the money back and is stuck with a criminal record. The criminal record will make it difficult getting car insurance, contents insurance or holiday insurance, let alone claiming, so she hasnt exactly got off lightly.

£16,000 is enough for some posters to get excited about, but it was over 18 months, and thats completely different from someone getting that kind of money in one go.

There is a problem with benefits and people who go into twilight employment that might or might not apply to Lucy. You start out with a small amount of irregular low paid jobs, but hope it will lead to proper emploment. Its irregular and not enough to pay the rent, and you get paid in arrears. After a while it is regular, above the benefits threshold and the money is coming in steadily. But its not secure and you know it can take ages to get back on benefits once you sign off. Also you worry that if you sign off you will have to say when you started work, they will check up and catch you out. You would ask but you cant ask the benefits people without giving your name. So it carries on.

This is the 3rd time something like this has happened, and while the channels arent responsible for models private lives, there is an employment issue. Would it be too much for the channels to have a discreet word with every new model they take on, clearly state that earnings above £X must be declared and will affect benefits, and give them the name of a discreet cheap accountant or solicitor who could suggest a way out? Some of the channels must know tax advisors surely.

Gone fishing
18-02-2012 23:58
gazfc Away
You can't delete truth

Let off lightly, I suppose she's lucky she can afford to pay it all back, would be a whole different story for somebody for doesn't earn what she does.

Tumblr - Suicide Girls
19-02-2012 06:19
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Charlemagne Offline

It was the only sensible decision that the court could have come to.

Think of how much it would have cost the taxpayer if she'd have been sent down.
And think of the impact it would have had on Lucy's family
(This post was last modified: 19-02-2012 09:11 by Charlemagne.)
19-02-2012 08:51
gazfc Away
You can't delete truth

(19-02-2012 08:51 )Charlemagne Wrote:  It was the only sensible decision that the court could have come to.

Think of how much it would have cost the taxpayer if she'd have been sent down.
And think of the impact it would have had on Lucy's family

That's the thing, she didn't think of the impact of been caught would of had on her family, so why should I care?

The courts are just too incosistance for my liking, in the last few months we've seen people jailed for 'inciting a riot via Facebook' for four years (worth noting that they didnt cause any riots) but stealing 16k gets you community service Huh

Tumblr - Suicide Girls
(This post was last modified: 19-02-2012 09:31 by gazfc.)
19-02-2012 09:24
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Charlemagne Offline

Good luck to Lucy for today..
27-10-2012 08:16
Thread Closed