Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Starting New Threads

gazfc Away
You can't delete truth

Starting New Threads
(08-02-2012 22:02 )skateguy Wrote:  
(08-02-2012 21:32 )aceman65 Wrote:  There are no forum rules in regards to Posting cap & images, and I doubt there ever will be.

I'm actually intending for there to be some rules regarding the posting of caps & pics; including not permitting hotlinking, a list of permitted hosts (which can easily be updated when required), a maximum size of embedded images and a limit on the number of such full size images. I've not put too much thought into it yet, but will discuss it with some of the prolific cap & pic posters.

are things like this gonna be included in the 'rules' http://www.babeshows.co.uk/showthread.ph...#pid996904

Its getting stupid now, one cap posted just so you can start a thread is just.....

Tumblr - Suicide Girls
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2012 16:24 by gazfc.)
10-02-2012 16:18
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
aceman65 Offline
Cappers Union

RE: Cap Posting : Thumbnail v's Fullsize | Excessive Quantity
^^^ well that's actually better than some I've seen. Rolleyes Someone a few days ago, (who will remain nameless) started a caps & vids thread for Ella Jolie, with just the message "Your Caps & Vids To Go In Here" laugh

The thread has since been replaced. Big Grin But it's not the first I've seen do that, and I doubt it will be that last. Rolleyes
10-02-2012 19:06
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
eagle_si Offline
Account Closed

RE: Cap Posting : Thumbnail v's Fullsize | Excessive Quantity
(10-02-2012 16:18 )gazfc Wrote:  are things like this gonna be included in the 'rules' http://www.babeshows.co.uk/showthread.ph...#pid996904

Its getting stupid now, one cap posted just so you can start a thread is just.....

I agree with Gaz here. It's very sad that one poster seems intent on starting almost every single new thread going at the moment on the main channels with just one cap. I know I did it a few weeks ago for Clare's nighttime caps thread, but that was because I felt I had to do it that way. It's all a far cry from September 2010, when I was able to start Sammie P's Pad caps and vids thread a full 45 minutes into the show, without even trying to be first.
To stop these antics, one solution would be for a mod to start the thread the day before a girl makes her debut. In any case, it's not the OP that's important, it's the quantity (and more importantly, quality) of the content.

Favourite babes remaining: Hannah Martin, Abbey B, Clare Richards, Paige Green, Becky Roberts, Abbee Kimberly, Electra
10-02-2012 21:11
Boomerangutangangbang Offline
Owned by Kelly Bell

RE: Starting New Threads
Big fucking Egos.it seems some believe it's their right to start a thread,grow up.We've even had the ridiculous situation of threads starting on a babe moving channels on nothing more than heresay,which in many cases the subsequent move never materializing.So if I beat you to starting a thread & it pisses you off,then good,get over it !

FORUM AWARDS POSTER OF THE YEAR 2022 & 2023

Muchi-wa shifuku dearu

...And Justice For All - Metallica
14-02-2012 07:43
munch1917 Offline
Silence is golden

Simple solution :
Create a generic forum account which all mods have access to.
If someone starts a caps&vids/chat thread for a new girl/girl moving channels, just delete it and restart it with the generic account.
That way the generic account gets the thread starter credit instead of the attention seekers.

munch

"I'm a featherless bird ... in a sky so absurd"

Sophia - Becky - Mica - Camilla - Ella
14-02-2012 15:02
aceman65 Offline
Cappers Union

^^^^ Nice idea, Wink but wouldn't actually work, as the threads are date orientated. So when the original post is merged into the new thread, it takes over as the threads creator. As it has the earliest timestamp.

So the moderators would actually have to edit the date of there post to a time before the original post. And I'm pretty certain that can't be done.

For example:
If another post was merged into this thread that had an earlier date than gazfc's, then it would take over as the threads creator.
(This post was last modified: 14-02-2012 16:02 by aceman65.)
14-02-2012 15:55
munch1917 Offline
Silence is golden

(14-02-2012 15:55 )aceman65 Wrote:  ^^^^ Nice idea, Wink but wouldn't actually work, as the threads are date orientated. So when the original post is merged into the new thread, it takes over as the threads creator. As it has the earliest timestamp.

Yeah, that's why I said to delete the original post and start over with a new thread Smile

An alternative method to keep the original thread if additional posts have been added.
Create a post today in a staff-only section with the generic account and leave it there for repeated use.
When a new thread is started, copy that post to that new thread (or copy it to the relevant section then merge threads, depending on the mod options available).
That post then becomes the thread starter as it is oldest, simply rename and add any content accordingly.

Next new thread that is created, do the same again with the same generic post etc.

munch

"I'm a featherless bird ... in a sky so absurd"

Sophia - Becky - Mica - Camilla - Ella
(This post was last modified: 14-02-2012 16:22 by munch1917.)
14-02-2012 16:16
aceman65 Offline
Cappers Union

(14-02-2012 16:16 )munch1917 Wrote:  
(14-02-2012 15:55 )aceman65 Wrote:  ^^^^ Nice idea, Wink but wouldn't actually work, as the threads are date orientated. So when the original post is merged into the new thread, it takes over as the threads creator. As it has the earliest timestamp.

Yeah, that's why I said to delete the original post and start over with a new thread Smile

munch

You can't delete a post just because it's the first one of a new thread. What if it contained Caps & Videos. Or had a relevent comment to make within the context of the new thread.

The only ones that should be deleted are the pointless one's, Like starting a caps & vids thread, but not posting any yourself. Of starting a Chat thread with a stupid comment like "Chat & Discussion to go in here". Anything else should be left as it stands now.
14-02-2012 16:42