Poll: Is It Time The Babe Channels Stood Up To Ofcom And Show What They Want To show
Yes
No
Undecided
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.75 Average

Is It Time The Babe Channels Stand Up To Ofcom And Show What They Want

eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

RE: Is It Time The Babe Channels Stand Up To Ofcom And Show What They Want
What sort of society would organise itself so its members are encouraged to watch scenes of extreme violence rather than scenes of consensual lovemaking and sex? The answer, of course, is Western, human, society, and well done Kevin Maher for pointing this out ("Parents thought The Hunger Games would teach their kids about junk culture, instead they got a bloodbath", Times2, Apr2).
This is something that has troubled me for my entire adult life. A lengthy military career has taught me that most soldiers have a preference for lovemaking over fighting or killing. I don't watch much of either, in one case because I abhor it and in the other because I'm not allowed to!
I was only mildly surprised to learn that it is the bankers that are responsible for this imbalance.

No, not my words, but a genuine letter in the Times today signed
Major (Retired) M. G. Stripe
Kineton, Warks

Gone fishing
04-04-2012 21:12
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mrmann Offline
Posting Machine

It's beyond comprehension.

Two nights ago, the women on the babe channels were still not allowed to show full frontal, not even briefly, yet on channel five at around 10:30pm, we were shown men getting raped in a prison movie, with lots of brutal violence, and a handicapped man getting set on fire and burning to death. I guess that's more acceptable than a brief glimpse of a normal female body part on clearly labled adult channels which can be blocked from viewing very easily bladewavebladewavebladewave
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2012 21:24 by mrmann.)
04-04-2012 21:20
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

I seriously wonder what Ofcom's response would be if they were asked the simple question, "Why are you happy to allow children to veg in front of a nightly tv diet of horrific violence and mutilation?"
04-04-2012 23:48
dan g 27 Offline
Hairy Fucker

(04-04-2012 23:48 )StanTheMan Wrote:  I seriously wonder what Ofcom's response would be if they were asked the simple question, "Why are you happy to allow children to veg in front of a nightly tv diet of horrific violence and mutilation?"
Well, maybe a letter should be written to them, telling them that and it would be interesting to hear their response
05-04-2012 00:30
Money_Shot Offline
ATFC - 1992

(04-04-2012 23:48 )StanTheMan Wrote:  I seriously wonder what Ofcom's response would be if they were asked the simple question, "Why are you happy to allow children to veg in front of a nightly tv diet of horrific violence and mutilation?"

They'd just be grateful that the child is being brainwashed by the idiot box and let mind control take it's cause. Hope that somewhere down the line the child visits a doctor and is prescribed tablets for his/hers behaviour.... Ooops, wrong meeting ....

The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.
05-04-2012 17:04
Arogos Popovich Offline

I voted no because it would just give Ofcom the excuse they want to shut the channels down completely.
05-04-2012 18:42
blackjaques Offline
Senior Poster

As long as they(or anybody else in the UK) is not getting aroused, then they (Ofcon) are happy.

They are on a mission to stop people getting too aroused.
06-04-2012 07:52
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

I'm currently sifting through the channels and it's nothing but wall to wall of shit, so tame, the kind of content we used to see at 9PM and not 10 minutes to one in the morning when they used to be full stream ahead and thrust into action by this point, Ofcom have ruined our night's viewing, it's no longer a spectacle anymore, I think the time has come that the channels collectively as one for the good of the Adult entertainment business get together and hit Ofcom with everything's they've got, knock down the door's and demand for change because what I'm witnessing tonight for show's supposed to be 18+ is embarrassing. Either we get change or the show's are just going to deteriorate even further until they vanish for good off our screen's.
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2012 00:55 by Scottishbloke.)
07-04-2012 00:50
iloveMegan Offline
And Rebecca Jade

(07-04-2012 00:50 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  Ofcom have ruined our night's viewing, it's no longer a spectacle anymore, I think the time has come that the channels collectively as one for the good of the Adult entertainment business get together and hit Ofcom with everything's they've got, knock down the door's and demand for change because what I'm witnessing tonight for show's supposed to be 18+ is embarrassing.

I'm not sure there's any point in making this post as it's been said countless times before, but the channels have no interest in putting on a spectacle or showing something worthy of being 18+ or providing first class erotic entertainment or however you want to phrase it. They are interested in making money and will be happy to kowtow to whatever rules Ofcom come up with as long as they continue to do so.

"You are rude" - Michelle Thorne
"haha ilM you sick bastard" - Rev Tsu

This is the internet! How else can I communicate with you other than from behind my computer screen?
07-04-2012 01:46
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Thanks for your rather predictible reply there ilovemegan, this the channels are only interested in making money argument has been played to death on this forum and serves no purpose. Have you got anything that might be remotely original to add to this discussion.
07-04-2012 02:02