Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average

eUrotic Dayshow On Sky - Chat & Discussion

StanTheMan Offline
Banned

RE: eUrotic on Sky chat & discussion
(16-03-2012 22:56 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  Why would you say that Stan, under EU law Ofcom are powerless and have no jurisdiction whatsoever over non Ofcom regulated channels...

So why aren't the Sky 900s littered with foreign hardcore liveshows then?
16-03-2012 23:21
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
aceman65 Offline
Cappers Union

(16-03-2012 23:21 )StanTheMan Wrote:  
(16-03-2012 22:56 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  Why would you say that Stan, under EU law Ofcom are powerless and have no jurisdiction whatsoever over non Ofcom regulated channels...

So why aren't the Sky 900s littered with foreign hardcore liveshows then?

I think that is down to who controls the satellite. As I think I remember reading that the company at the time didn't want 18R channels given a licence to braodcast on it. But it was quite some time ago that I remember reading that. And I have no idea now who controls the giving out of permissions to broadcast on that satellite.
16-03-2012 23:54
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

At the end of the day if Johnny fucking foreigner can watch this channel then so should we, maybe unknown to us that Ofcom rules have maybe changed from next week onwards, also although the night show does have full nudity, it's in all honesty not that explicit and would probably be given a 16 certificate in the rest of the continent, also maybe just maybe after consultation with Dutch censors Nicam over the Babestation fiasco they have maybe decided to listen for once and for all to sense. The ofcom rulebook can be changed and should be to bring us into line with the rest of Europe. I mean does it not just seem a bit strange that Eurotic TV after all those years have suddenly showed an interest into bringing the show into the UK SKY platform, I will remain optimistic and hope that this is the start of a new dawn Cool
17-03-2012 00:40
bigglesworth Offline
Master Poster

All the talk in this thread about a night show seems out of place to me. I think it's notable that eUrotic has only been given a place in the daytime section of the forum - surely that tells its own story?
17-03-2012 01:00
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

(16-03-2012 19:23 )ETV Wrote:  Hi Everyone,
ETV Show will hopefully launch on Sky's EPG next week.
We are very excited about this and we hope that we will contribute greatly towards more choice and diversity on the platform. Those of you familiar with our current programming know that we do things a bit differently and we are sure that we have lots to offer to all UK viewers.
We will keep you posted with updates once we know more for certain!
Have a great weekend,
ETV Show

Bigglesworth this statement is wide open to interpretation, I sincerely hope that Eurotic TV will launch next week on the Platform as a single channel broadcasting exactly the same as they do on Astra 1 and Hotbird. It would seem madness not to show the nightshow and not very cost effective either, if you read what they posted it looks likely that it'll be the full works Big Grin
17-03-2012 01:08
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

Sorry to be negative (again), SB, but I'm with bigglesworth here. I think we'll just have to accept we'll only be getting a dayshow for the moment.

They won't be the only ones. Both Chatgirl and Asian Babes are dayshow only shows.
(This post was last modified: 17-03-2012 01:22 by StanTheMan.)
17-03-2012 01:21
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Yes fuck me Stan you really know how to put a dampner on the whole thing Huh but as I have allready said you should still be able to in theory tune into the nightshow manually if Eurotic TV is also going to broadcast off our satelite. I urge Eurotic to show this channel at all times, no half measures, next week all will be revealed and hopefully Eurotic will prove the doubters wrong Cool Also just to further strength the case that Eurotic would be able to also broadcast the nightshow, this is what eccles posted.

(17-03-2012 00:45 )eccles Wrote:  There are several big differences. Some of the channels banned were broadcasting material beyond R18. Also despite being based abroad their primary market was the UK and possibly Eire. That immediately weakened their position, if they were aimed at their home markets and the UK was incidental it would have been harder to ban them under the law at the time.

As it was the bans made it illegal to advertise the channels, sell decoder cards or publicise them. In the UK.

Regulation has moved on since then and there may be new tools in the toolbox that we havent thought of, but Sky is an open platform that is legally obliged to carry channels without favouritism and Eurotic is a well established channel with a genuinely internation audience. Ofcom would be hard pushed to convince a foreign regulator that the content is harmful or even causes offence.

Until they do that it cant be banned from Sky. And since there will be no need to buy a decoder card, they won't need to advertise and the premium rate phone lines cant be blocked a lot more people will be able to watch and call.

As channels go its definitely different.
(This post was last modified: 17-03-2012 01:49 by Scottishbloke.)
17-03-2012 01:41
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(17-03-2012 01:41 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  I urge Eurotic to show this channel at all times, no half measures, next week all will be revealed and hopefully Eurotic will prove the doubters wrong Cool

I've never wanted to be proved wrong more than I do here Big Grin

In actual fact, and from a purely selfish standpoint, I'm hoping beyond hope that it's not going to be just a relayed broadcast of their current show, and I'm hoping this for two reasons; one, their dayshow is awful, and two, with a single click on my scart switcher I can already get eUrotic anyway.

The only thing I'll benefit from the same show coming to Sky is the ability to record it.
(This post was last modified: 17-03-2012 01:51 by StanTheMan.)
17-03-2012 01:50
bigglesworth Offline
Master Poster

(17-03-2012 01:08 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  Bigglesworth this statement is wide open to interpretation,

The statement may be open to interpretation, but surely the fact that eUrotic TV only has a section in the forum under the daytime category isn't subject to any interpretation?
17-03-2012 10:45
SYBORG666 Offline
Spawn Of Satan

(17-03-2012 01:00 )bigglesworth Wrote:  All the talk in this thread about a night show seems out of place to me. I think it's notable that eUrotic has only been given a place in the daytime section of the forum - surely that tells its own story?

I don't think that just because Eurotic have only been given a section in the daytime part of the forum means that that is all we'll get. I mean, Asian babes and Chatgirl have still got sections in the nights part of the forum and they've only been doing dayshows for about 1yr now. So we might get a nightshow from Eurotic, only time will tell.

Raising Hell Since 1980.

As a man once said:
"Control yourself, your better alone"
"Control yourself, see who gives a fuck"
17-03-2012 14:51