Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

It might be my laptop, might be the site but....?

Gaz "AV1" Aston Away
Account Closed

It might be my laptop, might be the site but....?
I dont know wether this has happened to anyone else on here or even if it is a site issue and not my laptop but..

I logged in this afternoon and noticed on a few posts that some words were highlighted...

[Image: image-DDF7_4FB92D24.jpg]

but then when i clicked on them, i got a pop up advert? Surprised

[Image: image-B613_4FB92D24.jpg]

Is this a site issue or is my laptop about to be infected bladewave

Any help will be appreciated!

Also if this post belongs elsewhere please move mods!
20-05-2012 18:46
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gaz "AV1" Aston Away
Account Closed

RE: It might be my laptop, might be the site but....?
^^ for the record i am now seeing the "please" above as a clickable link Sad
20-05-2012 18:48
Jam Da Man Offline

The Red Light post, that you show in your first post, and the word "please" in your second post both display fine to me. I've not seen an advert for an Iphone competition popping up anywhere either....

"The road to Good Intentions be paved with Hell"

20-05-2012 18:54
dan g 27 Offline
Hairy Fucker

I don't have this issue, so looks more likely that you have been hit by a virus. Maybe you should use your virus protector to scan your laptop just in case
20-05-2012 18:54
skateguy Offline
Posting Machine

I presume you've managed to install or get a "text enhance" cookie on your PC. Go here to uninstall it.

Flash the Gash...... ......Encrypted Shows...... ......Knickerless Daytime Clips...... ......Hotbox XXX...... ......Mic Left On Clips
20-05-2012 18:55
Gaz "AV1" Aston Away
Account Closed

Thanks gents, thats sorted...i have no idea how that happened Huh
(This post was last modified: 20-05-2012 19:04 by Gaz "AV1" Aston.)
20-05-2012 19:04
skateguy Offline
Posting Machine

Incidentally, there's a new cookie directive coming in very soon (or that has already come in) whereby websites are supposed to inform you what cookies might be installed on your PC when you use their site, and where you can go to opt-out or remove those cookies. The implications of most cookies are harmelss (they simply allow adverts or information that appear on sites to be tailored to what they believe your preferences are), but if you find a browser or site isn't behaving as you expect, then try visiting the site that powers the advert (not the company that's being advertised) to see how you can opt-out.

There's a site here, which lists a lot of the main companies and agencies that place behavioural cookies on behalf of clients to faciliate what you see, which allows you to opt-out of them if you wish (note that opting-out usually involves placing an additional 'opt-out' cookie, not necessarily removing any existing ones). http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp This site also lists a lot of the advertisers that collect data and allows you to search and opt-out. http://www.evidon.com/consumers/profile_manager#tab3

Text Enhance isn't listed on those two sites, and while their website appears to be pretty standard for a legit internet solution for advertisers (listing as it does a detailed privacy policy and providing an opt-out facility), the fact that it affects your usage on a site so blatantly without your's or that site's permission (I assume this site hasn't taken a back-hander from text enhance), suggests to me they might not be as ethical as their site suggests they are. A google search reveals quite a few people who are pissed off with finding text enhance on their PC, as well as various solutions for its removal. Among them I noticed some that suggest the opt-out/uninstall info on their site might not work, in which case this page might help. http://botcrawl.com/how-to-remove-text-enhance/

Flash the Gash...... ......Encrypted Shows...... ......Knickerless Daytime Clips...... ......Hotbox XXX...... ......Mic Left On Clips
20-05-2012 19:32
mr williams Offline
Still Missing Roxy :(

The new law comes in on May 26th. I've already seen it on some websites as when you first log-in it asks whether or not you will accept cookies.

follow me on twitter @mrwilliamsforum

20-05-2012 19:53
kevin Offline
is a Elleaholic

I am still gettiing these on here do you have to log out first for it to take effect after unistalling it.

Follow the gorgeous Elle Pharrell on twitter at http://twitter.com/ellexxxpharrell
and facebook at http://www.facebook.com/#!/ElleStorm
20-05-2012 20:01
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HannahsPet Offline
Posting Machine

It is a search engine addon have you added any shareware or free software recently they sometimes put them in the installations i accidently put one on mine when was installing something else

unless its really bothering you then leave it as it is

True Supporter of Girls and Not Channels !!!!!

I always Keep getting accused of thinking the world revolves around me. . i know it doesnt . . it revolves around the sun which shines out of my arse !!!!!
(This post was last modified: 21-05-2012 13:05 by HannahsPet.)
21-05-2012 13:04