Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Storm Attacked By Ofcom

Scottishbloke Away
Banned

RE: Storm Attacked By Ofcom
Yes it looks like ofcom are running short on the drinks kitty for their Christmas night out, I know it's only September but plan ahead so why not just fine a few channels for absolutely nothing, I mean it's easy money, they've all had the meeting at ofcom HQ. It baffles me why no channel has ever challenged ofcom.

I'd be very interested to see what would have happened if they'd tried to take on the BBC Channels for showing women in skimpy bikini's playing volleyball during the daytime. It makes you wonder just how stupid are the one's that run the channels.

Why all the channel execs don't get together and challenge this I don't know. What has happened to Storm could have just as likely happened to any of the rest, it was a simple throw of the dice to determine who the next victim would be.

Also just goes to prove that despite the piss poor tame output ofcom still managed to fuck Storm over. This trend will continue until such time that they all collectively take a stand together. Every channel should watch each others back for the greater good. I'd feel more inclined to call the shows if the money was used into making a legal challenge because effectively the ones who are calling the shows on a regular basis are actually funding ofcom. I urge people to stop phoning the shows until we see evidence of any action taking place.
11-09-2012 13:56
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Digital Dave Away
Retired

I don't think the channels owners will ever get together as they seem unable to think strategically. They think that grassing each other up is the way to go. As you say sb, there's a lot of stupidity in all this.

As this latest issue arose from one single complaint (as usual) I bet it was from another channel. I would find it inconceivable that a member of the public, no matter how prudish, would switch on to an adult channel after 9pm and (even though the model on screen was fully-clothed) think to himself: "Hang on, I can see her nipples through that dress. I'm outraged!" and then go to the trouble of contacting the regulator.
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2012 21:49 by Digital Dave.)
11-09-2012 14:35
mr mystery Away
Account closed by request

(11-09-2012 11:02 )mrmann Wrote:  OK, but what type of advertising/teleshopping channel allows nudity???? None that I've ever heard of. Also, if this so called breach happened in mid June, then isn't that over eight weeks??? It's nearly three months past, and I thought anything after eight weeks could not be investigated??????? What's the point in waiting eight weeks to post Red Light videos if Ofcom can still open new investigations nearly 12 weeks later???

Ofcom is just running dry, so they need to screw another channel over yet again.

Ofcom first launched the investigation into this incident shortly after the complaint was made , Ofcom mentioned in their broadcast bulletin issue number 209 and dated 09/07/12 that they had started a investigation into a complaint made against Storm for something shown on Storm nights on the 18th of June. It usually takes Ofcom a few months to investigate a incident and give details of their decision in one of their broadcast bulletins , so this complaint must have been made between the 18th of June when the incident took place and the 9 of July when Ofcom mentioned it in their bulletin , so the complaint was not made 8 weeks after the incident took place and Ofcom didn't start the investigation 8 weeks after .

This in breach ruling doesn't seem to have led to any fines or threats of statutory sanctions from Ofcom , i wonder if this has anything to do with it being the licence holder of the Storm channels first run in with Ofcom and haven't got a bad past compliance record ?, Live Television Limited the licence holder of Storm and the company found in breach only took over the Storm channel and licence around June of this year , the previous licence holder of the Storm channel a company called Chat Central Limited had been found in breach and investigated in the past so may not have gotten off without getting some sort of warning/statutory sanction etc .
Storm was found in breach earlier this year but the company that was found in breach was not Live Television Limited , Chat Central limited was the company found in breach , this in breach ruling given to the Storm channel licence holders at that time was in Ofcom's bulletin issue number 202 and dated 19/03/12 .

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2012 16:55 by mr mystery.)
11-09-2012 14:55
dirtbag Offline
Twilight Zone Exempt

Ofcom baffle me. A while ago I complained to them about a trailer broadcast at 7.30 for a programme scheduled after 9pm. This particular trailer scared my daughter shitless, however Ofcom wrote back to say that screening this trailer before the watershed was acceptable.

Is it acceptable that my daughter can view gore before 9pm that gives her nightmares but as an adult I'm not allowed to watch a lady in see through top rubbing her thigh after 9pm. How the hell are Ofcom protecting my child from harmful viewing?
11-09-2012 14:57
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

So out of a population of 63 million within the United Kingdom it only takes one person to phone ofcom and register a complaint, rival channels grassing each other up also achieves absolutely nothing if that was the case. The right to be offended if that was the case is the part of parcel of any kind of democratic society.

Also what makes it a frightening prospect is the fact that ofcom can still investigate any channel with no complaints made. BTW SKY ARTS at the moment are airing a documentry on the Miss World competition which is currently showing the swimsuit round, show any of the models wearing a similar outfit now or at 9PM and ofcom deems it far too strong.

Like I said those at ofcom HQ should all be rounded up and carted off to the nearest looney bin, we are being dictated to by those who are mentally unstable.
11-09-2012 15:01
dan g 27 Offline
Hairy Fucker

11-09-2012 15:07
elroyticklestab Offline
Senior Poster

Baffled as Storm are one of the least explicit channels.....
A couple of years ago I wrote to Ofcon complaining about the heinous Gillian McKeith analysing people's turds at 8pm. I am far from easily offended but close ups of people's bodily waste is not entertainment or educational. They wrote back weeks later and said it was fine for that time of the evening. Double standards anyone?
11-09-2012 16:45
mrmann Offline
Posting Machine

So this whole eight weeks thing about holding off from posting videos is pointless then, because Ofcom seems to find channels in breach well after the eight week mark.
11-09-2012 16:57
mr mystery Away
Account closed by request

(11-09-2012 16:57 )mrmann Wrote:  So this whole eight weeks thing about holding off from posting videos is pointless then, because Ofcom seems to find channels in breach well after the eight week mark.

Ofcom first address and investigate complaints before the 8 weeks mark as i posted in my previous post, they don't start a new investigation if a new complaint is made about something 8 weeks after the alleged incident took place , it's just their decision that comes out a few months from the time when they first start a investigation , as was the case with this Storm complaint and ruling .

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2012 17:39 by mr mystery.)
11-09-2012 17:09
blackjaques Offline
Senior Poster

(11-09-2012 15:07 )dan g 27 Wrote:  Has Cameron kept his promise?Rolleyes

http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&e...MuFn0zStxg

Politician in "talking bullshit" shocker.
11-09-2012 17:36