Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Storm Attacked By Ofcom

Jamie Storm Offline
Junior Poster

RE: STORM ATTACKED BY THE OFCOM NAZIS
(10-09-2012 17:43 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  One word for this bullshit. One of the lamest channels on at the moment. Just how the hell are these channels supposed to operate under such fascist control. This just really takes the piss out of the supposed watershed rules which is exactly what the channels should be hitting ofcom back with. Time to take a stand, enough is enough annoyed
now you know why !

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
12-09-2012 10:51
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
continental19 Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Storm Attacked By Ofcom
It's been said by many on this forum, however I will reiterate that the adult channel producers are partly to blame, because they should've stepped up and got into Ofcoms face years ago. Instead it seems all the producers of these shows have been afraid to do anything, and like a Bully Ofcom has sensed the the fear and have gone in for the killImportant
I don't think it's to late, I do believe that if all the channels come together as a united front hire some top lawyers and take ofcom to court, I no full well they would win!! All they need is to grow a set of Balls and go for itImportant " REMEMBER THE BIGGER THEY ARE THE HARDER THEY FALL"
12-09-2012 11:56
shylok Offline
Senior Poster

Exclamation RE: STORM ATTACKED BY THE OFCOM NAZIS
At last a visit from a channel rep (I understand) albeit just 3 or 4 words. At least this shows they read the threads here (possibly only when the subject impacts them?).

The primary issue I have (as of now) is not that OFCOM are strangling the channels but that the channels don't seem to be fighting this. If you are then please accept my apologies and tell us for fuck sake. The biggest error the channels are making IMHO is treating viewers with such contempt. No dialogue, no presence, no feedback - absolutely sweet FUCK ALL.

Jamie, how hard is it to post here (on this subject) once in a while (of course we respect that company confidentiality stuff has to remain just that)? Most of the guys here would support you to the hilt but not whilst we suspect this 'don't give a fuck about us' attitude.

Just tell us whats going on. This goes for all channels not just STORM. You know a lot more about this business than we do so help us understand. Maybe we could help?

As a point in fact STORM would probably get more support than most as smaller channel...

Shylok

(12-09-2012 10:51 )Jamie Storm Wrote:  
(10-09-2012 17:43 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  One word for this bullshit. One of the lamest channels on at the moment. Just how the hell are these channels supposed to operate under such fascist control. This just really takes the piss out of the supposed watershed rules which is exactly what the channels should be hitting ofcom back with. Time to take a stand, enough is enough annoyed
now you know why !

Join OFCOM today we offer decent salaries + a company bonus scheme (based on how much pain you can inflict on the British public) - http://www.ofcom.org.uk/files/2011/05/sa...e-2011.pdf
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2012 18:57 by shylok.)
12-09-2012 12:40
mikedafc Offline
Posting Machine

Hope given this ruling, Ofcom will look at the Sex Education show, broadcasting on Channel 4 before the watershed, showing much more explicit material than I have ever seen on the "Adult" Channels, under the disguise of being an "educational" programme but which is more readily accessible to children given the channel it is broadcast on is available on freeview and Sky/Satellite whereas Storm tv & other "adult" channels are only available on Sky/Satellite systems.
12-09-2012 14:27
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

RE: STORM ATTACKED BY THE OFCOM NAZIS
(12-09-2012 12:40 )shylok Wrote:  Jamie, how hard is it to post here (on this subject) once in a while (of we respect the company confidentiality stuff has to remain just that)? Most of the guys here would support you to the hilt but not whilst we suspect this 'don't give a fuck about us' attitude.

Just tell us whats going on.

Check back in about 18 months and you may have had a reply to this bladewave
12-09-2012 14:31
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Yes it was good to see Jamie Storm come on this thread but really 4 words is that it, your post never really told us anything that we didn't know allready. A simple responce such as now you know why doesn't go far enough.

What have you and your channel done with regards to the ofcom question ? Have you been in consultation with a lawyer ? have you been in consultation with any of the other channel reps, execs ?

We on this forum are on your side if we see positive action taking place. Maybe the Babestation rep for example might want to outline their plans other than just post schedules and promotions. And that goes for every single channel rep that visits this forum. I'm still of the opinion, do nothing, then you deserve every fine that comes your way.

We have all campaigned on your behalf for some time now with the recent petition being the latest proof of this. What exactly have the channel reps, execs done with regards to this ? We'll support you but we need to see and hear more than just 4 words.
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2012 16:46 by Scottishbloke.)
12-09-2012 16:43
continental19 Offline
Posting Machine

In my opinion there are a couple of alternatives the Adult channels can go, either they register there company in holland i.e babestation, and let's face it ofcom can't really touch them to a degree because of there Dutch license!! However how much this would cost the Adult channels might be quite costly. Or they stand up and fight them in the courts as I've previously stated in my previous post. Now I admit the choices aren't great however the Adult channels need to do something urgently, because if they don't, that could see the end of beloved babe channels as we no it.

In my opinion i think all the producers should stand up and FIGHT OFCOM!!!
12-09-2012 16:43
StanTheMan Offline
Banned

(12-09-2012 16:43 )continental19 Wrote:  In my opinion there are a couple of alternatives the Adult channels can go, either they register there company in holland i.e babestation, and let's face it ofcom can't really touch them to a degree because of there Dutch license!!

Continental, we seem to get on and agree on most things, but I'm not with you regarding this Dutch license theory. It makes little or no difference, as we can clearly see by the crap Babestation spew out.

The theory is that Ofcom can't touch BS because of their Dutch licence, so why aren't we getting full on gash every night??
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2012 17:49 by StanTheMan.)
12-09-2012 17:48
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

The Dutch licence with regards to Babestation is still open for debate, to answer Stan's question perhaps one of the reasons we are not getting to see full on gashs is because if that was shown it would render the Xtreme show pointless. This is only one possible conclusion and could just be purely coincidental.

Using the overseas argument the fact that eurotic tv are not showing the show beyond 11PM which is when we can see the pussy could suggest although Cellcast operates under a foreign licence they still have to follow the ofcom rules and regulations set in place, although it is rather more difficult for ofcom to enforce these rules especially when they have to go through a third party in order to carry out an investigation.

Ofcom not getting the result they so desperately craved for over cellcast has been one of the few highlights of 2012. We all on this forum have a very limited knowledge over the politics in which ofcom operate under but for the channels to accept them is sheer madness and ultimately not to challenge them is taking a very dangerous gamble. I suspect many of them are just hoping that the rules will change soon whilst in the meantime they will continue to fool those into ringing the shows. Your calls are helping the channels not only line their own pockets but also those at ofcom HQ.

No money whatsoever is being used for the better, to either mount a legal challenge to ofcom or to invest in better production values. I'd go as far to say that the babe shows are the biggest con so far of the 21st Century.
12-09-2012 18:06
mr mystery Away
Account closed by request

(12-09-2012 17:48 )StanTheMan Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 16:43 )continental19 Wrote:  In my opinion there are a couple of alternatives the Adult channels can go, either they register there company in holland i.e babestation, and let's face it ofcom can't really touch them to a degree because of there Dutch license!!

Continental, we seem to get on and agree on most things, but I'm not with you regarding this Dutch license theory. It makes little or no difference, as we can clearly see by the crap Babestation spew out.

The theory is that Ofcom can't touch BS because of their Dutch licence, so why aren't we getting full on gash every night??

We are getting full on gash every night on BS Xtreme , why should Cellcast give the viewers something for free when they can charge the viewers a fiver a night for showing full on gash on Xtreme ? , why should Cellcast show full on gash for free when they can charge £3 for full frontal pics ? , would showing full on gash for free result in more revenue or would it result in people not purchasing Xtreme or downloading pics so could result in less overall revenue ? .
Saying that from what i can understand channels with a overseas licence that transmit to another country should endeavour to show content roughly the same as channels they are in competition with that use a licence from the country of their origin , they have to abide by UK laws and European rules for broadcasting on another European country's airwaves (not Ofcom's teleshopping rules)

There is one thing for sure a Dutch licence renders Cellcast/BS immune from Ofcom investigations, in breach rulings, sanctions, fines , and getting their licence revoked .
If Storm had had a Dutch licence then this thread wouldn't be in existence .

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2012 18:40 by mr mystery.)
12-09-2012 18:22