Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average

Is It Time For The Channels To Make A Deal With Ofcom

sala Offline
Junior Poster

RE: Is It Time For The Channels To Make A Deal With Ofcom
(10-11-2012 21:06 )trevor format Wrote:  Oh no! From reading this thread I realise that Scottishbloke has finally gone completely mad! eek

ok 2 points, 1 are you qualified to asses scottishblokes sanity? 2 do you not see that scottichbloke is just throwing out ideas to get discussion about ofcom going?

scottishbloke has a hard enough time with twitter bullys leaving bad reps and saying nasty things in tweets without more people getting stuck in.

Scottish bloke is one of the best members, his 1000 CAPS prove this. Comments like yours only spread hate and negativity.
11-11-2012 00:30
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
trevor format Offline
Master Poster

(11-11-2012 00:30 )sala Wrote:  Comments like yours only spread hate and negativity.

I think this thread is crazy and I'm not afraid to say so. If you think my opinion amounts to hate and negativity you must be a very sensitive soul.
11-11-2012 01:23
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

Like many people SB is frustrated to the back teeth by the lack of progress and is throwing out ideas to see what comes back. There is an intransigent regulator that abuses its powers, misrepresents consultation and complaints, and an absence of any appeals or supervision mechanism. Neither the Government/DCMS, Tories or Labour (previous party in power) engage in any discussion. Even worse the broadcasters themselves wont say a word in public in defence of their business. Rather than shoot SB down why not make practical suggestions?

Gone fishing
11-11-2012 04:31
trevor format Offline
Master Poster

(11-11-2012 04:31 )eccles Wrote:  Like many people SB is frustrated to the back teeth by the lack of progress

My point exactly. And he's frustrated to the point where his suggestions have become crazy. eek
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2012 09:50 by trevor format.)
11-11-2012 09:50
munch1917 Offline
Silence is golden

(11-11-2012 00:30 )sala Wrote:  ....
do you not see that scottichbloke is just throwing out ideas to get discussion about ofcom going?

(11-11-2012 04:31 )eccles Wrote:  Like many people SB is frustrated to the back teeth by the lack of progress and is throwing out ideas to see what comes back.

Throwing out a suggestion that the channels break the law by bribing Ofcom officials is really not a sensible and productive contribution to the debate. What next, we start a fighting fund to hire a hitman to take big Ed out?
This thread deserves to be treated with ridicule and contempt, it's no wonder Ofcom continue to get away with the things they do when this is the level of opposition they are up against!

"I'm a featherless bird ... in a sky so absurd"

Sophia - Becky - Mica - Camilla - Ella
11-11-2012 12:05
sala Offline
Junior Poster

Well you can laugh at him, say his ideas deserve ridicule and co.tempt all you want, i say it amounts to bullying.
11-11-2012 12:34
munch1917 Offline
Silence is golden

(11-11-2012 12:34 )sala Wrote:  Well you can laugh at him, say his ideas deserve ridicule and co.tempt all you want, i say it amounts to bullying.

Ridiculing the idea is completely different to ridiculing the individual.
It is often said on this forum (and SB has said it himself) that everyone is entitled to express their opinion. If having a contrary opinion to someone else amounts to bullying then we may as well shut the forum down right now.
Debate and argument is a good and healthy thing and should be continued. Encouraging other people to break the law is not so clever, and could potentially get the individual and even the forum itself into legal bother.

"I'm a featherless bird ... in a sky so absurd"

Sophia - Becky - Mica - Camilla - Ella
11-11-2012 13:17
admiral decker Offline
Seeker of truth and justice

(11-11-2012 12:34 )sala Wrote:  i say it amounts to bullying.

So saying that someone's proposal (of criminal activity) is complete nonsense amounts to bullying does it? What are we supposed to say then, that we think it's a great idea and an intelligent contribution to the debate?

Bullying:
Use superior strength or influence to intimidate someone, typically to force them to do something. (Oxford English Dictionary)
The act of intimidating a weaker person to make them do something. (The Free Dictionary)
11-11-2012 13:30
sala Offline
Junior Poster

(11-11-2012 13:30 )admiral decker Wrote:  
(11-11-2012 12:34 )sala Wrote:  i say it amounts to bullying.

So saying that someone's proposal (of criminal activity) is complete nonsense amounts to bullying does it? What are we supposed to say then, that we think it's a great idea and an intelligent contribution to the debate?

If you are being respectful then yes you should say it is a great idea. when a tv model was recently disrespectful to scottish bloke on here and twitter she was banned., i say well done to the mods for that. scottish bloke would be coming up with better ideas to save the channels if it wasnt for every time people start saying his ideas are idiotic and stupid. if members and humans on this planet had more respect then the world and babechannels would be a better place.
11-11-2012 14:04
RESPONSIBLE ADULT Offline
Banned

It is quite some time since I have contributed to this board, but from time to time I still read it. And I am still reading how Ofcom have all but spoiled the adult viewing of some people. They may have, but it is not just Ofcom that are at fault with depriving viewers of their daily titillation. What about the programme makers themselves, It is they who are the biggest culprits, especially Babestation and Studio 66, the latter being the biggest killjoy. Why do they insist on graphics that cover at least 50% of the screen? Always placing a so-called box of information in whichever corner the models arse-end may be pointing.And then we have Babestation forever interrupting to sell their crap. I believe that the models are under orders to dumb down their act not because of the regulators iron fist, as much as the money grubbers insistence on fleecing it's viewers who are stupid enough to pay for the trash they offer. Another ploy that is used to attract viewers, and therefore potentially more cash, Is how much more licence is given for new girls. I watched one show recently when Ally-Lou was new to nights, there were more flashes than on Nov5. Since then, more often than not she's in the two knickers club, "job done". And you will have noticed how they kill the screen if it is likely to be to risque. They would then use the "new girl" excuse for any slips that may have occurred If they were to be brought to task by Ofcom. But by killing the screen they are showing Ofcom how diligent they are, but by then the new girl as already enticed a few more mugs into thinking that this is a regular occurrence. I think it is now time to call it a day on these programmes, they no longer do what it says on the tin.
11-11-2012 18:21