Click here to watch Babestation TV

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average

** Ultimate Babe 2012 Announcement **

Scotsman Offline
Posting Machine

** Ultimate Babe 2012 Announcement **
I've had a few emails this year asking whether I'll be taking on the mammoth task of running the Ultimate Babe 2012 competition again this year. The competition is often controversial with a lot of complaining when it doesn't go the way people want it to and everyone will always have their own ideas of how it should work. I've always done my best to make it fair and I'm sure the people who have ran spin offs, imitators or similar competitions will know it's impossible to please everyone.

That said, the competition is always fun and garners a lot of activity so this year, I will be running it again. As always, the competition will be for girls who have been active on the nightshows this year on all channels that are covered on this forum.

At the moment, the plan is to start with an open first round and have everyone nominate their top five favourite babes. I think last year I had it ordered with 5 points for someone's number 1 pick right down to 1 point for their 5th pick. I think this is a pretty cool way of doing it but I'm open to suggestions on the scoring.

The 16 girls with the most points at the end of that round will then go into a head to head, probably seeded based on the amount of points they had to ensure that the two most popular girls don't face off too early.

I'm open to any suggestions or discussion on the format, even if you don't want the contest this year and want to tell me to forget it. Wink I will also need a couple of helpers to help count votes so if you're interested, apply here.
30-11-2012 12:34
Find all posts by this user
Regenerated Online
An Unearthly Child

RE: ** Ultimate Babe 2012 Announcement **
It's kind of a tradition to do this. I know I've contributed to the controversy in the past by throwing my toys out the pram, but that's what kind of makes it fun - so thanks Scotsman for offering to do it again. Smile

I would suggest people naming a top ten list though rather than five. I believe thats what we had last year.

"WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT ACID HOUSE MUSIC?"
BABE OF THE MONTH FOR MARCH: ZARA NEVADA
30-11-2012 13:07
KerrAvon Offline
Posting Machine

Just confirming Renegerated's view, it was 10 nominated babes last year for the first round & I believe it should be repeated. I had enough trouble whittling babes down to 10, never mind 5. Surprised

The main controversy last year was people using duplicate accounts to vote (which was handled well) and babes canvassing votes (nothing wrong with that, just say it's allowed from the start).

The format was fine & fair in my book.
30-11-2012 13:23
eagle_si Offline
Account Closed

I think the format last year was absolutely fine. The main suggestion I'd make is to have the rounds a bit shorter (three days maximum) to avoid it dragging on for too long. The bulk of voting takes place at the beginning of the rounds anyway.
There also needs to be a clear tie-break situation. I don't think it was needed last year, but it could happen this time round Smile

Favourite babes remaining: Hannah Martin, Abbey B, Clare Richards, Paige Green, Becky Roberts, Abbee Kimberly, Electra
30-11-2012 13:48
broncobilly10 Offline
Posting Machine

Fernanda she does great day and night shows always looks into it most other look bored imo.
30-11-2012 13:55
Snooks Away
Snooker Loopy

I can confirm that it was the top ten nominated by each forum member and that the top 16 points scorers qualified for the knockout stage. I am slightly biased as to my view of the format as I was the one who suggested the core of it in the first place Wink. I will leave it to others to decide whether to keep it or abandon it.
There are deficiencies with all formats and its impossible to have a format that satisfies everyone especially on the basis of peoples favourites not winning.

All I will say is that if any help is required with score counting under any format then I will be happy to help as much as required Wink.
This year lets hope for an end to all the bitter sniping and bitching about the results. The fate of the universe does not depend on who wins this thing and the tournament organiser i.e Scotsman quite frankly does a fantastic job with it.
May the best babe win - as long as its my fave Bounce Wink.

30-11-2012 14:09
Snooks Away
Snooker Loopy

The question of tiebreaks has been noted. I would suggest the way to separate babes is to count highest number of 1st place nominations. If still a tie work downwards i.e 2nd place finishes then third etc.

30-11-2012 14:21
Scotsman Offline
Posting Machine

Someone better PM Stilettos. Rolleyes

Yeah, I think it was 10 last year but seemed to remember some people struggling to name 10 but I'm happy to keep it at that as it seems to be what people want so far. I'll probably drop the varying points for the girls on people's lists and just have each girl get one point per vote as it becomes a bit of a logistical nightmare to designate different points to each position.

I'll also do final 16 instead of 32 this year to keep it a bit more streamlined and yeah, I plan on an doing two rounds in a week so the tournament doesn't drag on and will be done by Christmas time. I've purposefully left it a bit later this year as people often complained that there was too much left of the year to decide now. Rolleyes

And yeah, Snookered's suggestion on tie breaks is the best way to do it.
(This post was last modified: 30-11-2012 14:23 by Scotsman.)
30-11-2012 14:22
mr williams Offline
Still Missing Roxy :(

(30-11-2012 14:21 )snookered147 Wrote:  The question of tiebreaks has been noted. I would suggest the way to separate babes is to count highest number of 1st place nominations. If still a tie work downwards i.e 2nd place finishes then third etc.

(30-11-2012 14:22 )Scotsman Wrote:  I'll probably drop the varying points for the girls on people's lists and just have each girl get one point per vote as it becomes a bit of a logistical nightmare to designate different points to each position.

And yeah, Snookered's suggestion on tie breaks is the best way to do it.

Hate to point this out but if you're not going to have varying points you won't have 1st, 2nd etc places!

follow me on twitter @mrwilliamsforum

30-11-2012 15:34
Scotsman Offline
Posting Machine

That is very true! I guess people could order their lists purely to sort out a potential tie break scenario?
30-11-2012 15:47
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch Babestation TV