Click here to watch Babestation TV

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average

** Ultimate Babe 2012 Announcement **

mr williams Offline
Still Missing Roxy :(

RE: ** Ultimate Babe 2012 Announcement **
That did occur to me as an option and it's fine as long as long as everybody understands it and doesn't put their entry in alphabetical order!

Just to clarify, eligibility is anybody who since January 1st 2012 has appeared at least once on any of the channels, including web only channels, that are discussed on the forum, and who are not currently appearing exclusively on a channel not repesented on the forum (eg Charmaine Sinclair would be eligible as she appears on Sexstation).

The issue of girls who do both days and nights is a tricky one - they get two bites at the cherry which is fine if they genuinely do both but Fernanda, for example, is on 3 days a week most weeks yet she probably does less than a dozen nights a year. Should she be eligible for both? (not picking on Ferny as you know she's one of my faves!).

Should there be just ONE competition, or does that load the dice too far in favour of the night girls as most people are in work during the day and don't see them?

The only other point I'd make is that most of the regulars could probably predict around a dozen of the last 16 with a fair degree of accuracy before a single vote is cast. Two of the channels will supply at least 13 or 14 of the finalists and none of the smaller channels will get a look in, although with non-varying voting there's one girl that might have an outside chance of coming close based on last year's figures.
30-11-2012 16:26
Find all posts by this user
Snooks Away
Snooker Loopy

The problem of being able to predict the majority of the top 16 is a valid point and based on Freeview viewer preference over those with access to SKY. I suspect that those that make the extreme latter stages will alwsys be those who are on freeview more often than not no matter what format is used. Even if we did a channel by channel comp first there will be arguments as to what amount of babes can represent each channel and in any event the babes on freeview will probably knock out the ones available on the smaller channels anyway on the basis of knowledge and TV accessibility.

30-11-2012 16:48
Scotsman Offline
Posting Machine

The Freeview thing is a problem we can't really get around. I will definitely keep the daytime babes separate though as they are missed by a lot of people and their performances are limited by the time they're on. Any girl who has appeared on night shows this year, as in post 10pm nightshows, will be eligible as long as it's on a channel we can discuss. It might not be particularly fair on nightshow girls who put in a shift every night but if the people want to vote Fernanda as the winner, then that's fair enough. I would think consistency would come into the criteria when someone decides who to vote for.
30-11-2012 17:44
winsaw Offline
winsaw is the insider lol

first off glad you are running it again this year,
as for the format i don't see the need for a seed the girls as for me this just protects big names in the early rounds and means the competition dose not get going until the later stages, its far more interesting when big names could get each outer at any time, also it gives girls who would be knocked out at the first round proper the chance to progress and shake up the statuesque,
as for who can take part i would have the girls who do the tease hour in as well,

currently walking on the Sunny side of the street

Best Cap Poster 2016 & 2017, runner-up 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 & 2023
01-12-2012 01:13
Scotsman Offline
Posting Machine

I think in terms of crowning a fair winner then seeding really has to be done. Plus, if a lot of the 'big names' face off in the first round then it means they're sure to face a less popular girl in the latter stages and just win that anyway so it could kill off competition in the latter stages. I think the first round at the very least has to be seeded.
01-12-2012 13:52
Scotsman Offline
Posting Machine

Ok so discussion seems to have slowed down so I think I'll most likely post the nominations thread within the next day or so. If anyone has any ideas, suggestions, problems or whatever then now's the time to bring them up. I'll take into account what's been said so far and post a really clear explanation of the rules and allow people to start naming their top 10's. Big Grin
02-12-2012 16:49
Regenerated Offline
An Unearthly Child

Presumably they'll be a seperate daytime event as many people only watch daytime shows?

"WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT ACID HOUSE MUSIC?"
BABE OF THE MONTH FOR MARCH: ZARA NEVADA
02-12-2012 17:16
Scotsman Offline
Posting Machine

Yeah I would imagine so. I didn't run it last year, I think it was winsaw who did, so if he wants to run the daytime event again this year I'm happy to hand over the reigns again and would definitely take part. I just don't have time to run both sadly but if anyone else wants to run it, I'm happy to offer up any advice if needed.
02-12-2012 21:42
Snooks Away
Snooker Loopy

Looking back at last years Ultimate Daytime Babe comp it appears that you did run it last year Scotsman as you created all the threads relevant to it.
If you are happy to let someone else run it I would be happy to run it as long as nobody else objects or has a burning desire to do it themselves. It would be quite good fun to do it actually.

02-12-2012 23:38
Scotsman Offline
Posting Machine

Strange, I could've sworn I handed it over to someone. If you'd like to run it, feel free. Like I say, my time is limited so I'm happy to hand over the reigns and I know you're capable.
03-12-2012 00:15
Thread Closed 

Click here to watch Babestation TV