Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average

Studio 66 in Breach x2 (A 2-4-1)!

CapricornDog Offline
Apprentice Poster

RE: Studio 66 in Breach x2 (A 2-4-1)!
How do i complain to ofcom that i tuned into a babe channel to see some tits and pussy but all i saw was a woman fully dressed and laying like a statue, and im so offended by this it has mentally scared me for life?
07-02-2013 23:54
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
admiral decker Offline
Seeker of truth and justice

(07-02-2013 23:54 )theblob Wrote:  How do i complain to ofcom that i tuned into a babe channel to see some tits and pussy but all i saw was a woman fully dressed and laying like a statue, and im so offended by this it has mentally scared me for life?

You can't complain, because what you describe does not constitute a breach of Ofcom's broadcasting code, whether it offended you or not.
08-02-2013 00:19
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

You could try complaining about misleading content, or "misleadingness" as the illiterates at Riverside House put it.

Gone fishing
08-02-2013 04:03
Johnson007 Offline
Master Poster

I too find it disgusting that they had to wait all night wanking off each other to wait until the 3am-5.30 slot to find.. Ofcom received a complaint that content on this service, broadcast from 03:00,

Poor devils. I didn't see it so wasn't offended, but then again I didn't wait up all night to complain either. Maybe they should go to bed alone with a horlicks and a good book if they don't want to see ladies rubbing each others thighs ay 4am......

I'd just love a REP everyone once in a while....
08-02-2013 11:06
admiral decker Offline
Seeker of truth and justice

(08-02-2013 04:03 )eccles Wrote:  You could try complaining about misleading content, or "misleadingness" as the illiterates at Riverside House put it.

The choice of what material to include in a programme is an editorial decision for the broadcaster and not one in which Ofcom can intervene unless there has been a breach of the broadcasting code. The test under the code for misleadingness is a high one and requires some specific factual inaccuracy to be demonstrated. A lack of tits and pussy does not constitute a factual inaccuracy. The alternative approach would be to complain about the misleadingness of the advertising for the programme, but here you would have to show that the programme had been promoted prior to broadcast with the specific mentioning of tits and pussy on show.
08-02-2013 11:43
trevor format Offline
Master Poster

(08-02-2013 11:43 )admiral decker Wrote:  The test under the code for misleadingness is a high one and requires some specific factual inaccuracy to be demonstrated.

Saying it's being broadcast live when it's not live would be an example of some specific factual inaccuracy.
08-02-2013 12:56
sala Offline
Junior Poster

Maybe it would be a good idea for the mod to remove the posts on this thread saying that S66 got into trouble for advertising the ‘send a text to get xxx videos and pics‘ as they still do this which onturn gives the complaining saddos more ammo to complaon. I mean if no one knows it is against the rules to advertise xxx videos on screen then they wont be able to complain that S66 are still doing it?
08-02-2013 21:51
mr mystery Away
Account closed by request

(08-02-2013 21:51 )sala Wrote:  Maybe it would be a good idea for the mod to remove the posts on this thread saying that S66 got into trouble for advertising the ‘send a text to get xxx videos and pics‘ as they still do this which onturn gives the complaining saddos more ammo to complaon. I mean if no one knows it is against the rules to advertise xxx videos on screen then they wont be able to complain that S66 are still doing it?

From what i can make out it was Ofcom themselves that noticed what sort of pic/vids STD 66 were advertising on screen when they were investigating a different complaint, Ofcom then downloaded a vid for themselves, it was when they received the vid that they were made aware that STD 66 were sending R18 style vids to peoples mobile phones , it wasn't a member of the public that complained about the mobile phone pic/vids downloads.
I have no doubt that Ofcom will be well aware of what STD 66 are advertising on screen through routine monitoring of the channels and will be checking to see if they are still sending R18 style vid/pics to peoples mobiles .

Life is short . Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile .
08-02-2013 22:47
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

(08-02-2013 00:19 )admiral decker Wrote:  
(07-02-2013 23:54 )theblob Wrote:  How do i complain to ofcom that i tuned into a babe channel to see some tits and pussy but all i saw was a woman fully dressed and laying like a statue, and im so offended by this it has mentally scared me for life?

You can't complain, because what you describe does not constitute a breach of Ofcom's broadcasting code, whether it offended you or not.

Its a licencing issue, not content standards.

You could try complaining that the channel is not delivering the type od service for which it is licenced. When applying for a TCLS licence, a business must declare if the adult genre "will be included in your service" (question 2.11 for Editorial type channels).

For teleshopping channels the licencee is asked to "please indicate whether you intend to include this programming as part of your proposed service" (question 2.12, "this" refers to adult chat (under 18) and adult sex chat (18+)).

An editorial channel that is licenced for but does not deliver adult content would definitely be in breach of its licence undertaking - "will" leaves no wriggle room.

A teleshopping channel might be in breach if it did not deliver adult chat or adult sex chat. They would almost certainly be in breach if they were not licenced for an other categories and service name clearly indicated that the channel was sex orientated.

The free to air channels are probably all registered as teleshopping, not editorial.

Does that help?

Gone fishing
09-02-2013 22:45
CapricornDog Offline
Apprentice Poster

When i made that post about complaining of lack of sexual content it was purly a joke, but if only we could make complaint like that to offcom im sure there would be more complaint on the lack of content than the stupid complaints such as 2 women touching each others thighs and waving their bums at the camera.
09-02-2013 23:54