Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average

The End of the Road

shylok Offline
Senior Poster

RE: The End of the Road
Great post munch1917. A considered response.

:-)

Join OFCOM today we offer decent salaries + a company bonus scheme (based on how much pain you can inflict on the British public) - http://www.ofcom.org.uk/files/2011/05/sa...e-2011.pdf
21-07-2013 11:07
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mido Offline
Happy Man

(20-07-2013 20:14 )continental19 Wrote:  It's my opinion if you still want quality entertainment and give us something to watch and enjoy and in some cases possibly call in, then you must spice up the current content.
However as i mentioned in my previous post, i do stress that they shouldn't over step the mark, they must only push the boundaries thats all.

I disagree completely if I want quality entertainment, babestation is the LAST place on the EPG I would consider, thats not because of the dreadful shows (that half the people are acting like they are forced at gunpoint to watch), but because it is in no way shape or form quality entertainment. We ALL have decent enough tv packages with top quality comedy, drama, gameshows and documentrys every night. that gives plenty to watch, is entertaining, educational, thought provoking and saves my phonebill.

If on the other hand I fancy a wank, ill happily just watch a girl in a bikini bouncing around then the shows are good enough and do their job. (this is after all what the show is designed for, I stand by my previous comments that these are not designed to be your viewing 8 hours a night, 7 nights a week, 52 weeks of the year)

Maybe I have this wrong, maybe some of you are not really happy wanking off over a reasonably pretty girl on tv in a bikini and heels rolling around on a bed,........personally i would be happy to give it a good go.

Incase I am missing the point can someone actually describe what they mean by "pushing the boundries" that would not lead to a fine or action from the regulator?
(This post was last modified: 21-07-2013 13:10 by mido.)
21-07-2013 12:14
shylok Offline
Senior Poster

(21-07-2013 12:14 )mido Wrote:  Incase I am missing the point can someone actually describe what they mean by "pushing the boundries" that would not lead to a fine or action from the regulator?

The problem is the 'boundaries' have been so narrowed so far its almost impossible to make a decent show anymore.

Personally, I'd be more than happy with what we had in late 2k9 to late 2k10 (I don't ask for 24/7 hardcore)...

Shylok

Join OFCOM today we offer decent salaries + a company bonus scheme (based on how much pain you can inflict on the British public) - http://www.ofcom.org.uk/files/2011/05/sa...e-2011.pdf
(This post was last modified: 21-07-2013 16:24 by shylok.)
21-07-2013 12:55
munch1917 Offline
Silence is golden

(21-07-2013 12:14 )mido Wrote:  ...
We ALL have decent enough tv packages with top quality comedy, drama, gameshows and documentrys every night. that gives plenty to watch, is entertaining, educational, thought provoking and saves my phonebill.

Really? I must be the odd one out, as my tv package is so full of tripe I have seriously considered giving it up and putting the license fee cost towards an online deal where I can stream something that actually interests me, at a time of my convenience.
As tame as they are, compared to some of the other rubbish, the babeshows are actually quite decent broadcasting!

"I'm a featherless bird ... in a sky so absurd"

Sophia - Becky - Mica - Camilla - Ella
21-07-2013 14:43
mido Offline
Happy Man

do you mind if I ask what TV package you have if you honestly think that there is nothing in the way of quality entertainment on it other than babeshows?

I agree in part with what you have said as I have recently cancelled Sky for Freesat, and tend to use Lovefilm, but even on Freesat there is still always something worth watching that can be described as "quality entertainment" before I get down to the phone shakers.
(This post was last modified: 21-07-2013 15:00 by mido.)
21-07-2013 14:58
continental19 Offline
Posting Machine

I agree with Shylok, i would be happy back when the shows were being broadcast 2009/10. Now what i meant by pushing the boundaries, was that i feel the producers could push the current rules and regs without overstepping the mark thats all.
I don't want to see the channels fined, far from it, however i still feel that some producers on certain channels err on the side of caution instead of pushing the rules a little further. I agree that the rules have shrunk more and more because of Ofcom however i feel there's still a bit more latitude that the producers could look at.
21-07-2013 21:14
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Another reason why it feels to me like its the end of the road. Take Studio66 for example. With the exception of Jennifer Jade the new recruits that join this channel are doing nothing other than making it tamer and tamer.

3 years ago this channel was pushing the boundaries in every direction led by Caty Cole and company. The models that made this a great era going by the names of Delta White, Hannah Prentice, Michelle Thorne, Carmen Terrell, Danielle Maye and many others that combined their efforts. It was shower shows, oil shows and hot 2 for 1's.

I also don't expect to see anything hardcore but what I do expect to see is a proper nightshow which BTW should be starting at 9PM instead of having to wait until 11PM onwards if we want to see anything decent.

I am firmly opposed to web only shows which I have already stated, it's not the answer and is just playing into the hands of ofcom. Once upon a time I used to remain fairly positive that change might happen but I don't see where the challenge is going to come from.

Bangbabes failed as did Sportxxx in the past. Maybe they both went about it both in entirely the wrong way. I don't think that going to Ofcom HQ demanding answers and kicking down doors will achieve anything other than make the tensions that exist between the adult industry and ofcom even greater.

From ofcom's point of view - They allow these kind of shows to be broadcast and it's worth remembering that other countries would never be granted a licence to show a babe show, China for example - Not a cats chance in hell as it has one of the most oppressive governments that runs everything under severe strict control.

Ofcom have made the rules and it's a very awkward situation to be in. At present the channels are not working together, its a dog eat dog game, certain channels are all to happy to supply ofcom with information if any of it's rivals have perhaps shown more than they have.

I'm afraid to say that the rot has only just begun, far too much tension exists between the channels and ofcom and I don't see any quick remedy to the situation in the near future. I also fear more casualties will follow. In the long term the pieces will probably be picked up but at what cost I wonder.
(This post was last modified: 21-07-2013 22:01 by Scottishbloke.)
21-07-2013 21:51
KerrAvon Offline
Posting Machine

Well I for one already anticipated & predicted the end of the babeshows as we know them, both due to more regulated shows & the economic downturn. But to the contrary, I think I've been proved wrong. They still seem to be getting the calls that are quite clearly bucking the trends. And that, after all, is the bottom line. Phone calls aka revenue. There are still enough people who are happy with (or even addicted to) the product, which is making any 'good old days' moaning, petitions & channel politics look quite meaningless.

There's still some banging babes on the channels though who try to make an effort despite everything. I'll make an effort to try catch them (like Adele right now Tongue), even though I spend far less time watching the channels than when they were more erotic a few years ago. As mido says, there are actually other very good shows to watch and more important things in life going on (for me anyway) to get wound up by it all.
21-07-2013 22:42
Joey 27 Offline
Posting Machine

that's right people do have a tendency to keep watching things even if they are shit compared to how they were before, its like that with anything, if your football team used to be good for example liverpool and now they are shit most fans still pay to go and watch games anyway, they don't stop watching their team no matter what so the club stays in business, these babechannels still clearly get calls even if they are boring and crap compared to 4 years ago, so they will probably stay in buisness, it is very hard to totally abandon one of your favourite interests in life, i should really stop watch wrestling as it is shit now compared to 10 years ago and im 27 but i can't give it up
(This post was last modified: 21-07-2013 23:19 by Joey 27.)
21-07-2013 23:13