babestation xtra

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average

BabestationX - the webshow

munch1917 Offline
Silence is golden

RE: BabestationX - the webshow
(02-09-2013 02:47 )eccles Wrote:  I am probably missing the obvious, but is there a ban on capping webshows? There don't seem to be any since BSX went web only, and no way am I shelling out cash without a sample to indicate strength.

http://www.babeshows.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=53332

I think that basically covers all paid content including webshows, but I may be wrong. I'm sure there was a mod post to this effect in one of these threads recently following a cap post, but it appears to have been removed now.

"I'm a featherless bird ... in a sky so absurd"

Sophia - Becky - Mica - Camilla - Ella
02-09-2013 06:36
Find all posts by this user
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

Thanks Munch1917 but I am still puzzled. The link dates from February but people were still capping the Freeview liveshows until July. Not a big deal, but puzzled, its as if a tap was turned off overnight.

Gone fishing
02-09-2013 21:37
TheWatcher Offline
Ex Moderator

(02-09-2013 21:37 )eccles Wrote:  Thanks Munch1917 but I am still puzzled. The link dates from February but people were still capping the Freeview liveshows until July. Not a big deal, but puzzled, its as if a tap was turned off overnight.

July was when the show went off Freeview ch194.
Caps but not vids had been allowed from that show since it started in April 2010.
The show then changed to being only available on their website, and the policy changed then.
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2013 10:45 by TheWatcher.)
03-09-2013 10:44
welshken Offline
Posting Machine

Personally, my attitude is simple, its £1.50 for a 2day pass, if youre so tight that you wont pay that to see, tough! its the same complaint as that of another, saying that because he cant pay the way he used to, a few months ago, then he cant access the site because he doesnt want an ongoing contract.
To me, both arguements are bullshit. you can cancel the 2day pass as soon as you have bought it, so that after 2days, it will stop. Yes its really that simple. and yes at £1.50, if you wont pay that to see what its like, then tough, I have no sympathies. There are just petty excuses not to pay.

at £1.50, its bloody cheap, so either pay up or dont, but stop whimpering about it, its about a third of the price of a good pint FFS.
unbelievable!
end rant!
03-09-2013 19:03
SCIROCCO Offline
Banned

£4.50 a pint? Where the chuff do you drink Ken? Guinness is £2.60 and real ale about £2.30 in my club....
03-09-2013 20:57
jimmyt73 Offline
Lola Knight fan

(03-09-2013 19:03 )welshken Wrote:  Personally, my attitude is simple, its £1.50 for a 2day pass, if youre so tight that you wont pay that to see, tough! its the same complaint as that of another, saying that because he cant pay the way he used to, a few months ago, then he cant access the site because he doesnt want an ongoing contract.
To me, both arguements are bullshit. you can cancel the 2day pass as soon as you have bought it, so that after 2days, it will stop. Yes its really that simple. and yes at £1.50, if you wont pay that to see what its like, then tough, I have no sympathies. There are just petty excuses not to pay.

at £1.50, its bloody cheap, so either pay up or dont, but stop whimpering about it, its about a third of the price of a good pint FFS.
unbelievable!
end rant!
As in your post you seem to dismiss my views on trial offer as rubbish, i was merely stating that as a result of my own personal experience of another site which charged me twice for a trial that was meant to be no obligation non recurring offer ,but when i challenged them they denied thay had taken payment twice but my phone bill said otherwise,so i have decided not to risk being ripped of again,i would like to say although the price for the trial is reasonable the hassle of having to cancel is not worth it for me

im always open to positive change
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2013 02:26 by jimmyt73.)
03-09-2013 23:38
eccles Offline
custodes qui custodiet

I don't have an issue with the price, which as Welshken says is 1/3 of the price of a pint of crème de menthe in the officers club, though it does mount up if done too often. Some of us have gone through years of pay cuts.

No, my issues include not being able to pay anonymously. Can you trust your bank not to leak to a sleazy journalist? Or to some private eye scum looking for leverage in a divorce or child custody case? The going rate for blagging bank account details is under £100 according to Levenson. Its even worse for people who work for a bank, their own boss could gain access, and might have "views".

Then there are repeat billing issues, and implied signup to other services from affiliates outside the UK - I have been caught out in other situations, and it stops being funny when people start helping themselves to £20 without warning.

Finally there is the little matter of it appearing on the bank statement, however discreetly.

Gone fishing
04-09-2013 02:31
sierraman Offline
Master Poster

totally agree with the last 2 posts.why make bsx a privileged little webshow when theres a large amount of free and better web stuff around. just my opinion but the new start at Milton Keynes needs the whole station to adopt a fresh attitude.easy and safe to tune into stuff for everyone and a return of some of the many smashing babes it has lost during the last few months with a smattering of good looking new talent would be good.get rid of some of the rubbish the station has saddled itself with.its only the really small amount of 1.50 as its *rap.maybe they'll offer something better during the next few weeks.
04-09-2013 10:11
Grawth Offline
Senior Poster

^

Ah Sierraman. Not happy when it was on the telly, not happy now it's online, not happy with the girls, complaining that the price is "really small" yet suggesting its a "privileged" show.

Has it occurred to you that they left the telly because it wasn't working for them (or because they had to), they're trying the web show because there is still an audience out there that wants to see babeshow girls doing more, and the £1.50 trial price is set to entice people in, in the hope they might like what they see and sign up?!

If you have so many problems with the channel I really don't get why you still watch it. Presumably you'd be better off watching the many other channels it has lost those "smashing babes" to.

Incidentally, for what its worth, I have used the trial option a couple of times and found it really easy to cancel. I am currently a monthly subscriber but will not be renewing next month as there is not yet enough happening between shows for me.
04-09-2013 23:21
welshken Offline
Posting Machine

^
gotta pretty much agree, if you keep hating it so much, why are you still here wanting more? no issues with you expressing your opinion of course, but you sound like youre walking into a wall, falling over, getting up and then walking into the wall again....

as for not wanting to give bsx your details when paying, yes, I can understand that but theres that much data out there about all of us anyway, and personally, i use a credit card for that extra stage of seperation and protection.

and jimmyT, speak to your mobiile phone provider. I'm with vodafone and they are great, I was getting the unwanted text message updates despite not asking for them. I spoke to vodafone, and they refuned me fully and blocked them, I also advise Mark at BSX who also looked into it and ensured I was removed from the list. So despite the issue in the first place, both vodafone and BSX did everything they needed to, very quickly, so I'm happy with the system.

and if in doubt, get a credit card just for internet usage and have a very low credit limit on it.
05-09-2013 18:32
Thread Closed 

babestation xtra