Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.13 Average

Baseball

Robot Devil Offline
The OFFICIAL Forum Curmudgeon

RE: Baseball
So, after seven days we've arrived at that most exciting of events, Game 7 of the World Series. Can the Cubs complete the turn around after trailing 3-1, and end the curse of the billy goat ? Or will Cleveland end their own barren spell - 68 years - and lift the championship ? We should know by 3am tomorrow. Either way, the game starts at midnight our tme tonight, and the starting pitchers are Corey Kluber for the Indians, and Kyle Hendricks for Chicago.

MY GIRLFRIEND WAS AFRAID OF THE DARK... THEN SHE SAW ME NAKED AND NOW SHE'S AFRAID OF THE LIGHT
02-11-2016 12:54
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Robot Devil Offline

What a brilliant game so far. Middle of the fifth inning and the Cubs are half way there- 5-1 up. Corey Kluber already taken out of the game by Cleveland, and the Cubs' pitcher Kyle Hendicks writing his way into Cubs folklore with a grand performance. Looking like nothing is stopping the Cubs tonight. 108 years of hurt about to end......

Still plenty of Baseball to play yet, though, and just as I write Cubs manager Joe Madden is (prematurely ?) bringing Hendricks out of the game and replacing him with Cubs ace Jon Lester. Gutsy move, but this COULD backfire on the Cubs.....

Quick Edit: And, predictably, Jon Lester has started very awkwardly. Cleveland score 2 runs on a bad pitch by Lester, and the score, at the end of the 5th inning, is Cubs 5 - Indians 3.

MY GIRLFRIEND WAS AFRAID OF THE DARK... THEN SHE SAW ME NAKED AND NOW SHE'S AFRAID OF THE LIGHT
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2016 03:03 by Robot Devil.)
03-11-2016 03:01
Robot Devil Offline

Crazy drama in the bottom of the 8th inning as Cleveland's veteran outfielder Rajai Davis hits a two-run homer to tie the game up at 6-6. Cubs closer Aroldis Chapman looks out on his feet. Madden HAS to bring him out, surely ! Will this go to extra innings or will there be a hero in the 9th inning ?

Edit (37 minutes later): Oh FFS ! The fucking rain has hit, just as the game has gone to a 10th inning !!! Oh lord, my poor eyes can't take the wait. Boys, may the best team win, and I look forward to seeing who's prevailed tomorrow morning. Damn it !

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2016 05:00 by Robot Devil.)
03-11-2016 04:21
SOCATOA Offline
"mini see through thong"

Cant go to bed before this one finishesSadSad this one has everythingBig GrinBig Grin
03-11-2016 05:05
HannahsPet Offline
Posting Machine

So back to the future 2 was only a year out Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

[Image: CwUpufFXEAACDek.jpg:large]

True Supporter of Girls and Not Channels !!!!!

I always Keep getting accused of thinking the world revolves around me. . i know it doesnt . . it revolves around the sun which shines out of my arse !!!!!
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2016 09:02 by HannahsPet.)
03-11-2016 08:59
SecretAgent Offline
Posting Machine

Magnificent game and I'm so pleased for David Ross. What a way to end your career.
03-11-2016 09:11
Robot Devil Offline

Congrats to the Cubs. I think it's fair to say this was LOOOONG overdue for those long suffering fans. They'll definitely be the team to beat next season too. Will be an intriguing off-season, that's for sure.

03-11-2016 15:53
papahet3969 Offline
Posting Machine

will edwin and jose re-sign for the jays if they go elswhere its back to the wilderness for my jays i fear

"I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it."
03-11-2016 16:17
Robot Devil Offline

^No way both re-sign; I'm not even confident on Toronto signing either, TBH. Edwin is rumoured to be Boston's first choice to replace David Ortiz. And Bautista...He might be your best option. Unless he gets the big offer he craves elsewhere.

03-11-2016 23:21
Robot Devil Offline

As the season has now ended we enter the awards period. And yesterday the shortlists for the many awards were posted. Here they are in full:

American League MVP Nominations: Mike Trout LA Angels, Mookie Betts Boston, & Jose Altuve Houston.
National League MVP Nominations: Kris Bryant Chicago Cubs, Daniel Murphy Washington, & Corey Seager LA Dodgers.
American League Cy Young Nominations: Justin Verlander Detroit, Rick Porcello Boston, & Corey Kluber Cleveland.
National League Cy Young Nominations: Max Scherzer Washington, Jon Lester Chicago Cubs, & Kyle Hendricks Chicago Cubs.
American League Manager of the Year: Jeff Banister Texas, Buck Showalter Baltimore, & Terry Francona Cleveland.
National League Manager of the Year: Joe Maddon Chicago Cubs, Dusty Baker Washington, & Dave Roberts LA Dodgers.
American League Rookie of the Year: Michael Fulmer Detroit, Gary Sanchez NY Yankees, & Tyler Naquin Cleveland.
National League Rookie of the Year: Corey Seager LA Dodgers, Kenta Maeda LA Dodgers, & Trea Turner Washington.

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2016 00:06 by Robot Devil.)
09-11-2016 00:05