Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.13 Average

Baseball

papahet3969 Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Baseball
just been announced that Roy Halladay former pitcher for the Blue Jays and Phillies died today in a plane crash in the gulf of mexico

"I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it."
07-11-2017 22:30
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Robot Devil Offline
The OFFICIAL Forum Curmudgeon

^Just read that myself. 2X Cy Young winner, and awesome pitcher in his prime. Just 40 years old. R.I.P. Doc.

MY GIRLFRIEND WAS AFRAID OF THE DARK... THEN SHE SAW ME NAKED AND NOW SHE'S AFRAID OF THE LIGHT
07-11-2017 23:10
Robot Devil Offline

Trading/dealing season is now upon us, and the first big deal has been confirmed: Japanese phenom Shohei Ohtani has chosen to move to the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. All 30 MLB teams wanted to sign him, and he selected Anaheim. Bold selection. And, as I write, a blockbuster deal is close to completion: the newly crowned National League MVP Giancarlo Stanton of Miami Marlins has - tentatively - agreed to a trade to the New York Yankees. The Yanks will cover $243M of his remaining contract, Miami will pay $30M of it, and the Marlins will be sent SS Starlin Castro and some mid-ranking prospects. Great deal for NY, if Stanton can remain healthy.

MY GIRLFRIEND WAS AFRAID OF THE DARK... THEN SHE SAW ME NAKED AND NOW SHE'S AFRAID OF THE LIGHT
09-12-2017 19:07
HannahsPet Offline
Posting Machine

Wow Yankees and the red sox going to play 2 games at west ham's stadium next june first MLB games in the UK

True Supporter of Girls and Not Channels !!!!!

I always Keep getting accused of thinking the world revolves around me. . i know it doesnt . . it revolves around the sun which shines out of my arse !!!!!
08-05-2018 16:22
papahet3969 Offline
Posting Machine

(08-05-2018 16:22 )HannahsPet Wrote:  Wow Yankees and the red sox going to play 2 games at west ham's stadium next june first MLB games in the UK

heard about that one last week, wont go as id have to be down on both teams being a fan of the only non american franchise lol

"I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it."
08-05-2018 16:24
Robot Devil Offline

Hopefully REAL baseball fans will be in attendance (I know I'll be going, fingers crossed) instead of the bandwagon fans that will only go because it's 'cool', or those fuckwits that buy the caps etc and know nothing about the sport. Pity it's these two teams though. Guess they have the highest profiles.

08-05-2018 17:34
HannahsPet Offline
Posting Machine

Prob the only 2 teams most british people can name. Tongue Tongue Tongue

True Supporter of Girls and Not Channels !!!!!

I always Keep getting accused of thinking the world revolves around me. . i know it doesnt . . it revolves around the sun which shines out of my arse !!!!!
08-05-2018 18:06
lovebabes56 Offline
The No.1 Teddy Bear!!

I feel that this and NFL have to find ways to raise their profiles here further to really capture the British public's attention

FERRARI & LOVEBABES, - BABE CHANNELS ULTIMATE COUPLE!!
CURRENT BS BABE FAVES :- MIGHTY MIKAELA WITT, DUCHESS DARELLE OLIVER, SULTRY STORMI MACK,
ALL - TIME BABE FAVES:- FERNANDA FERARRI , MELLIE D AND MIKAELA WITT PHOENIX KNIGHT[ DENNI TAYLA, SEXY STEVIE LOUISE
'ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE" - LIFE OF BRIAN
20-05-2018 09:30
Robot Devil Offline

Blimey - five months since the last post. We certainly HAVE been slacking. And after such a fantastic season, too!

Well, we're down the League's championship games now. The semi finals to the World Series, if you will.

In the National League the Los Angeles Dodgers and the Milwaukee Brewers are engaged in a fantastic see-saw series, currently tied at 2-2. It's effectively a best of 3 games now.

And in the American League, the Boston Red Sox and defending World Series champions Houston Astros are contesting a series for the ages, with Boston currently 2-1 ahead. Game 4 tonight in the wee hours.

At least we're guaranteed a great World Series, whoever advances from these games. And then we'll be on to trade/free agent season, and ALL eyes will be on three players: Bryce Harper , Manny Machado, and, Clayton Kershaw (IF he decides to opt out of his remaining contract). Harper and Machado are expected to vie for the richest contract ever handed out to a player. Most believe a deal worth close to $400MM is possible. Personally, I only see Machado getting close.

17-10-2018 08:56
mikedafc Offline
Posting Machine

Was watching the Dodgers game last night started at 2am and finished about 7.30am. Just as well I got some sleep before the game. Going to be interesting to see how Brewers and Dodgers rebound with the next game tonight starting at just after 9pm, a mere 14 and a half hours after the last one finished
(This post was last modified: 17-10-2018 20:15 by mikedafc.)
17-10-2018 20:14