Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.13 Average

Baseball

Robot Devil Offline
The OFFICIAL Forum Curmudgeon

RE: Baseball
Well, as a HUGE Baseball fan, I thought (rather egotistically, I admit) that I'd keep my fellow fans abreast of the news during the off-season, and WHAT a major story breaking tonight/this morning. A blockbuster trade has just been confirmed: Detroit are trading their 1B Prince Fielder to the Texas Rangers for 2B Ian Kinsler. As a Tigers fan I'm flabbergasted that we've found a team to take that exhorbitant Fielder contract off our hands. Now we'll have the $$$ to sign Max Scherzer to a long-term deal. What a start to, what will definitely be, a brilliant off-season.

MY GIRLFRIEND WAS AFRAID OF THE DARK... THEN SHE SAW ME NAKED AND NOW SHE'S AFRAID OF THE LIGHT
21-11-2013 02:59
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Robot Devil Offline

Well it seems my guess about Yankees' 2B star Robinson Cano was correct. He has indeed ended up signing with Seattle. What I didn't forsee however was the sheer size of the deal: $240M over 10 years. An utterly obscene contract for a 31 year old. The Mariners will definitely regret that deal within 2 or 3 years. With Cano now gone the Yankees have gone on a spending spree of their own, signing 3 free agents- Atlanta's All-Star catcher Brian McCann has signed for 5 years ($85M), St Louis outfielder Carlos Beltran has signed for 3 years ($45M), and Boston's outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury has signed a mega deal 7 years ($153M). Which player is next to land a mammoth deal is anybody's guess, but Cincinnati free agent Shin-Soo Choo would be the logical choice.

MY GIRLFRIEND WAS AFRAID OF THE DARK... THEN SHE SAW ME NAKED AND NOW SHE'S AFRAID OF THE LIGHT
08-12-2013 19:20
mikedafc Offline
Posting Machine

nice to hear Clayton Kershaw has signed 7 year deal with Dodgers, hopefully we can get some offence and make him 20 game winner next season.

Cecil Fielder was on a show lately talking about baseball, he was talking about legends site @ http://www.baseballlegends.com
(This post was last modified: 20-01-2014 22:52 by mikedafc.)
20-01-2014 22:52
BaddaBing Offline
Posting Machine

Kershaw's 7 year $215 million deal made me pause for a minute. I know it's not the biggest deal ever but just the number seems unreal. Thanks for the updates Robot Devil, I used to love baseball but just don't have the time to keep up with it as well as College Football, NFL and everything else

If Found, Please Return To The Preeti & Priya Non-Babe Show Thread
21-01-2014 19:38
Robot Devil Offline

Well, baseball season is almost among us. This week Spring Training has officially begun, which means it's just over three weeks until the season proper begins with a match between the Arizona Diamondbacks & the Los Angeles Dodgers in Sydney, before the American section begins a week later.

26-02-2014 18:29
BaddaBing Offline
Posting Machine

Decided to get Apple TV and subscribe to MLB.TV to see me through to when NFL/College ball restarts in September. I've heard good things about the app's and coverage so this is the season I get properly back in to baseball I think Smile

26-02-2014 19:14
Robot Devil Offline

(26-02-2014 19:14 )BaddaBing Wrote:  Decided to get Apple TV and subscribe to MLB.TV to see me through to when NFL/College ball restarts in September. I've heard good things about the app's and coverage so this is the season I get properly back in to baseball I think Smile

Excellent choice Mr Bing. I've been a subscriber to MLB.TV for three years now, and it's damn near faultless. And ridiculously good value. All we (British fans) need now is for Baseball to return to terrestrial TV again. Channel 4 make such a song and dance about boring American Football, surely one of the other channels could reach a Channel 5-esque deal with MLB and screen one or two live matches per week.

27-02-2014 01:57
BaddaBing Offline
Posting Machine

Whilst I'm an NFL fan too so I won't call it boring (lol) I do think there is big enough baseball following here to grant one of the terrestrial channels picking the MLB up again. I'm looking forward to the season starting and getting my Apple TV set up, get to see the Cubbies fail to reach another World Series on my phone, iPad, laptop AND TV this season lmao Smile

27-02-2014 19:21
mikedafc Offline
Posting Machine

Josh Beckett makes good start to his Los Angeles Dodgers career
03-03-2014 22:55
Robot Devil Offline

Beckett's been a good pitcher for a while now. Since his days with the Marlins. I don't think your Dodgers will do much this year, to be honest Mike. They seem to have more money than sense. I fear a Yankees resurgence...

05-03-2014 20:49