Click here to watch BABESTATION LIVE CAMS

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Not the RIP Nelson Mandela thread

Shady Offline
Back from self-exile

Not the RIP Nelson Mandela thread
(06-12-2013 14:17 )tuesdayslump Wrote:  I have never once argued against any accolade on here, except him being the greatest human to ever like, which quite frankly, is a nonsense statement.

No, that's someone's opinion tuesdayslump (Loulo12/mellover/etc) which even if different from yours, is still valid. You can absolutely disagree with it, but you can't simply dismiss it as 'nonsense'. If you didn't like Mandela, his politics, or his activism as a younger man that's fine, but I see no reason to bring it up on this thread.

This is the second time in a week you've trolled a memorial thread, which begs the question "What is wrong with you?" Why not create your own thread on the subject, where you will get the attention you so clearly crave?

That next ban is getting closer and closer isn't it? Tongue

Thank you very much for my nomination in
Best Cap or Cap Set Of The Year 2013
for Dannii Harwood Posts 781 & 782

Tammy Oldham: You're fucking filthy!
Shady: You can talk!

(This post was last modified: 06-12-2013 18:51 by Shady.)
06-12-2013 18:47
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shady Offline
Back from self-exile

RE: RIP Nelson Mandela
(06-12-2013 18:55 )sala Wrote:  but i dont see that someone should get banned just because they dont agree with you Shady.

He didn't disagree with me Sala, as I had not previously commented. He deliberately trolled this and another memorial thread I created last week, which is why I made the comment. This particular member has used several profiles to do the same thing, which is why he will inevitably receive another ban. Don't let his rep for you cloud your judgement.

(This post was last modified: 06-12-2013 19:08 by Shady.)
06-12-2013 19:05
tuesdayslump Offline
Banned

[quote='terence' pid='1364523' dateline='1386336193']
trolling a nelson mandela r.i.p thread is all i need to know about you mate. keep digging, i'm done feeding you.
[/qoute]

Speaking about Nelson Mandela on a Nelson Mandela thread is not trolling buddy. People are a little too fond of throwing that word around these days. I don't have to write, RIP, what what a great man and so on, many people have already.

I'm not quite sure what bit about my not arguing with all the accolades that he is receiving and agreeing he was a great man is confusing you bladewave However, he did condone terrorism, you call it freedom fighting, and he did support Mugabee. Moreover, if it wasn't for the people in the white government of the day he probably would have lived the rest of his long life in prison. I suspect Desmond TuTu did more practically for the cause, Mandela became the face of oppression due to his incarceration.

I have no problems with the plaudits, but when I read 'the greatest man who ever lived' then I think we have to get a sense of perspective.

And that view point, my friend is not trolling.
06-12-2013 20:25
circles_o_o_o Offline
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌║▌║

(06-12-2013 20:25 )tuesdayslump Wrote:  Moreover, if it wasn't for the people in the white government of the day he probably would have lived the rest of his long life in prison.

That was good of them, considering who put him in there in the first place...
06-12-2013 20:32
tuesdayslump Offline
Banned

(06-12-2013 18:55 )sala Wrote:  but i dont see that someone should get banned just because they dont agree with you Shady.

Don't worry about it Sala, Shady is a cry baby who has to go running telling tales, it's always trying to get me banned. It never succeeds of cause but it doesn't stop it from trying.

It's the bias to some members, and manipulation of rules by some mods that I attack and I get a temp ban for, as an ex mod on several forums it's something that bugs me, favoritism and personal bias should never be shown by any mod ever, bigger sites then this have been sink when that happens. Thankfully, the problem now is not has horrendous has it use to be on here.
06-12-2013 20:35
tuesdayslump Offline
Banned

(06-12-2013 20:32 )circles_o_o_o Wrote:  That was good of them, considering who put him in there in the first place...

Absolutely agree, but apartheid could easily have still been here today. I know there's this out pouring of grief now, but back in the early 80's nobody gave a flying fig what happened in south Africa, other than some students and spitting image. Most people had only heard of Nelson Madella because of a pop song back then.

You have to remember that Eugène Terre'Blanche and P. W. Botha where still pretty strong people in the 80's in fact Botha was still in office in 1989, F. W. de Klerk succeeded him and his was the transitional government that lead to the freeing of Nelson Mandella. Not to mention the hideous violence in the townships

F. W. de Klerk was absolutely crucial to the end of apartheid will he get any accolades, no he won't.
06-12-2013 20:45
circles_o_o_o Offline
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌║▌║

(06-12-2013 20:45 )tuesdayslump Wrote:  F. W. de Klerk was absolutely crucial to the end of apartheid will he get any accolades, no he won't.

Apart from the Nobel Peace prize, of course.
06-12-2013 20:47
tuesdayslump Offline
Banned

(06-12-2013 18:58 )Shady Wrote:  To leave it and promote forgiveness and reconciliation however, was what made him special. He will rightly take his place in history.

He actually really didn't have much choice did he? What was he suppose to do incite race riots against whites? How would the world take that? A little thought please.

But, he will rightly take his place in history, that much we agree on.
06-12-2013 20:49
Shady Offline
Back from self-exile

(06-12-2013 20:47 )circles_o_o_o Wrote:  
(06-12-2013 20:45 )tuesdayslump Wrote:  F. W. de Klerk was absolutely crucial to the end of apartheid will he get any accolades, no he won't.

Yes, which they both received for their efforts. I imagine and would hope that he will be similarly celebrated and recognised whenever his time to pass comes.

06-12-2013 20:50
tuesdayslump Offline
Banned

(06-12-2013 20:47 )circles_o_o_o Wrote:  

Well earned, but if you ask people in the streets have you heard of F. W. de Klerk and have you heard of Mandella most would probably scratch their heads at the former and most will know the latter, it was however the former that did much more to end apartheid in a practice sense. It's a similar thing to Gorbachev, the rest of the world can say all they like, but it takes one unassuming person to agree with them.
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2013 20:54 by tuesdayslump.)
06-12-2013 20:52

Click here to watch BABESTATION LIVE CAMS