gemma hiles

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Overcapping

Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Overcapping
I must stress from the outset that the purpose of this Thread is not for things to turn ugly, a similar Thread was posted last year which ended up closed down and dumped in the Twilight Zone.

The purpose of this Thread is to air construction comments and advice, not to be point scoring against any other members.

Lately I have noticed that the amount of caps per post on some of the Threads have been 40+ and on some others I even counted well over a hundred per post, this is nothing personal against any of the members who have been doing this but the amount scrolling in between posts is becoming something of a bugbear.

For example 1 pose alone was duplicated 10 times, to me its far too much, I don't know if their is a minimum numbers of caps per post but I've always been of the opinion that common sense should be taken into account.

Lastly I appreciate all the hard work that my fellow cappers put into this forum and without them the forum would be a very empty shell. When I first started out in capping I also made the same common mistake thinking that more was better until I quickly learned that it was more of a hindrance.

Like I have said from the outset the purpose of this Thread is to pass on some solid advice and welcome anybody who also wishes to try their hand at capping.
18-08-2014 19:22
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
circles_o_o_o Offline
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌║▌║

RE: Overcapping
[Image: image-F683_53F2467C.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 18-08-2014 19:34 by circles_o_o_o.)
18-08-2014 19:33
bigfatpiggyporker Offline
Goodbye

I'm not a cap poster but I'm confused.

From what I can see there's no official rules against multiple caps per post or thread.

The only official guidance on a similar subject is here: http://www.babeshows.co.uk/showthread.ph...1#pid26191
And Skully did have some advice on capping in the threat you mention, now in the Twilight Zone here: http://www.babeshows.co.uk/showthread.ph...pid1270288

Summary of skully's points/advice from the thread
1. As far as scrolling goes, we do ask members not to post images that are bigger than the forum page, just bigger isn't a real problem, but if you have to scroll and scroll, it becomes annoying.
2. We would prefer that members use thumbnails for bulk cap uploads, most image hosts have that option, it looks better and makes threads easier to navigate. It's common sense really, if the cap is huuuge, and you can't see it all, it's too big to post.
3. The caps up to 700x400 (approx) that are posted using TV Girls Gallery are fine, as they may be larger than some, but fit nicely within the forum page.

So,

1. Are you arguing there should be a change to the official rules to minimum/maximum caps or attachments per post or thread and asking members whether there should be an poll/vote/expression of interest about this to raise to the administrators/moderators of the forum who would ultimately arbitrate on this?

Or

2. Are you obliquely complaining that as you are scrolling too much in posts due to some posters choosing to post a multiple of caps in a single post or thread that they should stop posting so many?

The subject line of the threads suggests so.

The only advice or comment you appear to offer members/cap posters is don't post over 40 caps per post.

If there was a rule that posters of multiple caps where breaching, that would be a different matter. Although it's hard to see how an arbitrary limit on caps could be set and be enforced without a large amount of effort by the moderators or by snitching by members to the moderators that "poster x has exceeded the caps limit".

* Would the size of the caps also be a factor? Would 1000 10x10 images be worse than 10 1000x1000 pictures in a post?
* If a limit was set, would be there be an set date for all members to abide the new rule or would all cap posters have to amend all their posts to fit the policy?
* What would be the penalty if an individual poster did not obey the rules?

If the number of caps across all threads/posts was adversely affecting the forums performance, I don't believe I've seen anything about it.

So unless it does somehow affect the smooth running of the forum as a system, any limit set on the number of caps per post would purely be aesthetic and perhaps be divisive as it would be likely that for every member who would feel irked to scroll through 40 caps, some may feel that it's great to have a variety to look through.

Personally, as I a new member, I appreciate every cap/video that every poster, including you, provide.

If there are large sections of caps I don't wish to see admittedly I do use the scroll wheel on my mouse or press the "page down" key on my keyboard until the next post.

That would be my advice if people find there are subjectively too many caps in any particular post.
(This post was last modified: 18-08-2014 21:22 by bigfatpiggyporker.)
18-08-2014 20:24
circles_o_o_o Offline
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌║▌║

[Image: 33e098345892145.jpg] [Image: 408423345892147.jpg] [Image: 37e7e6345892150.jpg]
18-08-2014 20:58
M-L-L Offline
The Last Straw

(18-08-2014 19:33 )circles_o_o_o Wrote:  [Image: image-F683_53F2467C.jpg]

Wink Smile Nice try circles, but you're really not satirising my posts closely enough : the tin lid needs to be opening fractionally more each time between each cap, and maybe the camera zooming slightly more in towards the worms in each cap, and then also maybe the worms slightly changing their positions or facial expressions, maybe even some of them starting to escape inch by inch BounceBig Laugh

Also the caps should be centre justified, not left . Rolleyes

Tongue I'm sure many forum members' RSI lssues are due to some different activity other than over-use of the scrolling wheel.
BounceBounceBounceBounce
18-08-2014 21:17
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

I was rather hoping when posting this Thread that this subject be debated properly, not mocked

To be clear when I cap I do it after I have recorded the session, some members choose to cap as its going out live and that's fine too, with that method more screenshots will be captured but all the screenshots don't have to posted Important

All I am trying to say is, is it really necessary to have the same pose duplicated so many times, vary it, since joining this forum I've learned a lot and taken onboard a lot of the advice that's come my way.
18-08-2014 21:57
circles_o_o_o Offline
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌║▌║

Ok, now to put a more serious cap on ( Tongue ),

It is easy when looking through your collection of caps to see differences between them all when previewing them in full screen, and to think that you can't possibly dispense with any without spoiling the sequence. But what I have learned is that if you look at them as thumbnails in a folder, all in the one view, it is easy to see where there is too much duplication, and then choose one or more of those to bin.
Every capper on here has a different way of presenting their pics, and probably all think theirs is best. My choice of what is good might not be what someone else would pick, so giving more choice isn't such a bad thing. However, there has to be some common sense applied. There are times when I give up waiting for pages chock-full of caps to load and move on to something else. That isn't fair on the poster, but it's an impatient world.

(And I hope you don't think I was mocking you, SB, you do some sterling work on the forum. But seriously, there are things that annoy me on here too, but it is someone else's site, I can live with it.)
18-08-2014 22:36
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Thanks circles and thanks for your daily contributions too, I hope that you or anybody else wasn't offended by my post, the last thing I'd want to do it put members off from capping, it's mainly a scrolling issue which has been bothering me.

I'm not here trying to preach to members how they should do their caps, I'm only trying to pass on the same advice that was given to me when I first started out in capping myself a few years ago and in reference to an earlier post this is sound advice which skully posted.

1. As far as scrolling goes, we do ask members not to post images that are bigger than the forum page, just bigger isn't a real problem, but if you have to scroll and scroll, it becomes annoying.

2. We would prefer that members use thumbnails for bulk cap uploads, most image hosts have that option, it looks better and makes threads easier to navigate. It's common sense really, if the cap is huuuge, and you can't see it all, it's too big to post.

3. The caps up to 700x400 (approx) that are posted using TV Girls Gallery are fine, as they may be larger than some, but fit nicely within the forum page.
18-08-2014 22:47
zxccxz30 Offline
Posting Machine

(18-08-2014 22:36 )circles_o_o_o Wrote:  But what I have learned is that if you look at them as thumbnails in a folder, all in the one view, it is easy to see where there is too much duplication, and then choose one or more of those to bin.

I would never have guessed that looking at your caps Rolleyes

(22-07-2014 01:29 )circles_o_o_o Wrote:  21/22 July :

[Image: image-5EFF_53CDB016.jpg]
[Image: image-4446_53CDB016.jpg]
[Image: image-97E5_53CDB016.jpg]
[Image: image-FF08_53CDB016.jpg]

No more videos (ever again?). No Reuploads.
19-08-2014 00:28
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

For RLC and Studio66 I tend to post using this ratio.

[Image: ratio.jpg]
19-08-2014 01:07

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

gemma hiles