gemma hiles

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Overcapping

Fernandez Esperenda Offline
Banned

RE: Overcapping
Really annoys me too, when the page takes an age to load and you're trying to look/read something and the page keeps moving and loading more and more caps that look pretty much identical....

If you're going to post 200 odd Caps might aswell just post a video?..

*TORCIDA JOVEM*COM O SANTOS ONDE E COMO ELE ESTIVER
FCP mais que um clube*Super Dragoes*
#RODGERS OUT
28-08-2014 12:20
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lotuseater Offline
Banned

(18-08-2014 19:24 )bigfatpiggyporker Wrote:  I'm not a cap poster but I'm confused.

From what I can see there's no official rules against multiple caps per post or thread.

The only official guidance on a similar subject is here: http://www.babeshows.co.uk/showthread.ph...1#pid26191
And Skully did have some advice on capping in the threat you mention, now in the Twilight Zone here: http://www.babeshows.co.uk/showthread.ph...pid1270288

Summary of skully's points/advice from the thread
1. As far as scrolling goes, we do ask members not to post images that are bigger than the forum page, just bigger isn't a real problem, but if you have to scroll and scroll, it becomes annoying.
2. We would prefer that members use thumbnails for bulk cap uploads, most image hosts have that option, it looks better and makes threads easier to navigate. It's common sense really, if the cap is huuuge, and you can't see it all, it's too big to post.
3. The caps up to 700x400 (approx) that are posted using TV Girls Gallery are fine, as they may be larger than some, but fit nicely within the forum page.

So,

1. Are you arguing there should be a change to the official rules to minimum/maximum caps or attachments per post or thread and asking members whether there should be an poll/vote/expression of interest about this to raise to the administrators/moderators of the forum who would ultimately arbitrate on this?

Or

2. Are you obliquely complaining that as you are scrolling too much in posts due to some posters choosing to post a multiple of caps in a single post or thread that they should stop posting so many?

The subject line of the threads suggests so.

The only advice or comment you appear to offer members/cap posters is don't post over 40 caps per post.

If there was a rule that posters of multiple caps where breaching, that would be a different matter. Although it's hard to see how an arbitrary limit on caps could be set and be enforced without a large amount of effort by the moderators or by snitching by members to the moderators that "poster x has exceeded the caps limit".

* Would the size of the caps also be a factor? Would 1000 10x10 images be worse than 10 1000x1000 pictures in a post?
* If a limit was set, would be there be an set date for all members to abide the new rule or would all cap posters have to amend all their posts to fit the policy?
* What would be the penalty if an individual poster did not obey the rules?

If the number of caps across all threads/posts was adversely affecting the forums performance, I don't believe I've seen anything about it.

So unless it does somehow affect the smooth running of the forum as a system, any limit set on the number of caps per post would purely be aesthetic and perhaps be divisive as it would be likely that for every member who would feel irked to scroll through 40 caps, some may feel that it's great to have a variety to look through.

Personally, as I a new member, I appreciate every cap/video that every poster, including you, provide.

If there are large sections of caps I don't wish to see admittedly I do use the scroll wheel on my mouse or press the "page down" key on my keyboard until the next post.

That would be my advice if people find there are subjectively too many caps in any particular post.

This is over-replying. Come back when you have condensed this into something concise and readable please.
28-08-2014 22:12
bigfatpiggyporker Offline
Goodbye

Lotuseater, I can't edit my original post, so here's a condensed version below, I hope it people find it more readable:
----
From what I can see there's no official rules against multiple caps per post or thread. Skully posted advice on capping in a previous thread, now in the Twilight Zone here: http://www.babeshows.co.uk/showthread.ph...pid1270288.

I'm confused though;

1. Are you arguing there should be an official change to the forums's rules?
Or
2. Are you obliquely complaining that as you are scrolling too much in some cap posts? (the thread title suggests so)

The only advice or comment you appear to offer members/cap posters is don't post over 40 caps per post. Unless a large number of thumbnails in a thread or post affects the forum's performance, IMHO, it's more about users preference and aesthetics.

If there was a rule on cap size or numbers for cap posters, this raises questions to consider such as; how would the administrators enforce it without a large amount of effort? Would users be 'made' to remove/change pictures? And so on.

Personally, as a new member, I appreciate every cap/video that is posted here. If there are large sections of caps I don't wish to see, I use my mouse's scroll wheel or press the "page down" key on my keyboard. That would be my advice if people find there are subjectively 'too many caps'
(This post was last modified: 29-08-2014 10:20 by bigfatpiggyporker.)
29-08-2014 09:34
Lotuseater Offline
Banned

Those of us with low speed rural broadband do find loading some capping pages very tiresome. Especially when the material is repetitive and adds no new wankable content to what has already been posted.
(This post was last modified: 31-08-2014 10:19 by Lotuseater.)
31-08-2014 10:18
Doddle Away
Probably Not Dr Kildare

I hesitate to bring it up, but... Funny Screencaps consisting of multiple near-identical caps and about 1 joke thinly spread among them.

Arthur Miller Wrote:I think the job of the artist... is to remind people of what they have chosen to forget.
31-08-2014 20:58
Charlemagne Offline

Guys there are not many rules when it comes to capping and vids.

If possible we ask for the caps to be easily viewed, caps too big or too many can take away the enjoyment. But the best form of moderation is by the poster himself taking pride in his work .

I'm just grateful for all the effort that is put in to create these posts. And I feel that the posters efforts should be rewarded in the form of reps and thanks.
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2014 09:03 by Charlemagne.)
01-09-2014 09:01
M-L-L Offline
The Last Straw

(31-08-2014 20:58 )Doddle Wrote:  I hesitate to bring it up, but... Funny Screencaps consisting of multiple near-identical caps and about 1 joke thinly spread among them.

Ouch ! Harsh ! I'm bleeding here... Big Laugh
01-09-2014 19:13
SecretAgent Offline
Posting Machine

(01-09-2014 19:13 )M-L-L Wrote:  
(31-08-2014 20:58 )Doddle Wrote:  I hesitate to bring it up, but... Funny Screencaps consisting of multiple near-identical caps and about 1 joke thinly spread among them.

M-L-L I agree you post too many Caps. Now if you posted lots of Danni Levy I would have no problem at all lol! BounceBounceBounce
01-09-2014 19:20
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

I'll be honest with you and the whole forum but I think that Thread is well past its sell by date, it's had it's day, now I personally despise it. Only being honest but It makes me cringe and I'm embarrassed I ever contributed to it in the first place.

(01-09-2014 09:01 )Charlemagne Wrote:  If possible we ask for the caps to be easily viewed, caps too big or too many can take away the enjoyment. But the best form of moderation is by the poster himself taking pride in his work .

This I agree with, always take pride, not every cap is going to be perfect but when you see that a forum member has taken a bit of pride in their work then it adds something special instead of just a bunch of random caps.
01-09-2014 19:25
M-L-L Offline
The Last Straw

(01-09-2014 19:20 )SecretAgent Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 19:13 )M-L-L Wrote:  

M-L-L I agree you post too many Caps. Now if you posted lots of Danni Levy I would have no problem at all lol! BounceBounceBounce

Smile Trust me - somebody else would Wink Big Laugh

...here comes a post about over-quoting......?
01-09-2014 19:27

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

gemma hiles