gemma hiles

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Forum Etiquette

Joey 27 Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Forum Etiquette
im too lazy to write in capital letters and put in full stops half the time, it's not something i really give a fuck about tbh

Edit: sorry for swearing
(This post was last modified: 29-03-2015 18:25 by Joey 27.)
29-03-2015 18:24
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Anyone else think the mods are ofcom in disguise laugh

Anyway you do bring up some good points here Charlemagne, many of which have been pissing me off. Oh and you forgot to mention that all important overquoting that seems to take over the Threads a lot of the time.

For example. I seen a long winded post which BTW wasn't posted by me for a change Rolleyes in which the member next quoted the entire post and this is all he said.

"I agree with everything you have just said" To make matters worse the poster in question didn't even bother to thank the post that he agreed with. Overquoting to me is getting worse and worse these days, I made that point on the Sin TV General discussion thread when I seen the same post duplicated 4 times which was on the same page.

So unless you really need to quote only quote the essence of it if it's something that you feel the need to reply to, for a completely new post either use the quick reply button function which is located at the bottom of the page or the new reply so as to keep the page tidy.

With regards to opinions being posted on a Cap and Vids only Thread yes it's bloody annoying and it tends to be the same suspects all the time (You know who you are) Rolleyes

With regards to forum manners, there is not really a lot to do that can change the make up of a certain individual, but I do find it rather off when it only takes a second to click thanks as opposed to the hours of time that us video makers put into the forum in order to give this place credibility so show your appreciation and stop taking us for granted. We don't get paid to do this, we do it off our own back so that members are able to see sessions that they might have otherwise missed due to other commitments.
(This post was last modified: 29-03-2015 18:35 by Scottishbloke.)
29-03-2015 18:33
Block Offline
Nip Slip For the Win

Sometimes it is hard typing with your left hand only! Surprised Big Laugh
29-03-2015 18:35
skully Offline

(29-03-2015 18:09 )bigfatpiggyporker Wrote:  Can we also make it clear there is a distinction between criticism versus outright abuse of the babes?

It should be common sense, but some threads have shown that some members seem to think it's fine to post quite abusive comments about babes that they either dislike/have some issue with.

This would be a guidline, not a one-size-fits-all law and isn't to stifle debate or to make moderators check every single post but even if something pisses you off about a babe, you can still make your feelings known without it devoling to abuse or turn a thread into flamebait, which can lead to personal attacks on members too.

In short, there is a difference between criticism and abuse.

(runs to await and hide from the likely hate posts/messages)

Good point.
Sometimes people get carried away and don't mean to be nasty (even if it reads that way), other times people just don't care. Also, as you're aware, we aren't always able to read every post, so people using their common sense is appreciated. My advice would be this, if you think what you're about to post would be seen as abuse, outright offend, cause a fight or need to be moderated, then don't post it. We don't expect the forum to always be fun and friendly, but if we could all try to be a little more respectful, then we might be able to avoid the stupid stuff that often flares up into petty squabbles.

I've said it before, I'll probably have to say it again... Constructive criticism is fine, personal attacks aren't!

Oh and if we haven't spotted clearly abusive posts, then feel free to report those to us, we do appreciate it. Sometimes people may think they've got away with being a smart arse, others may think we don't care or agree with what's been said, that isn't the case, it just that the post(s) haven't been moderated yet.

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Tha thu 'nad fhaighean.
29-03-2015 19:02
winsaw Offline
winsaw is the insider lol

(29-03-2015 18:33 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  With regards to opinions being posted on a Cap and Vids only Thread yes it's bloody annoying and it tends to be the same suspects all the time (You know who you are) Rolleyes

best why round this must be to make as many of the threads as we can chat, caps & vids Wink

currently walking on the Sunny side of the street

Best Cap Poster 2016 & 2017, runner-up 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 & 2023
29-03-2015 19:09
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

Yes I noticed winsaw, hence the reason my contribution to these Threads will be at a minimum. So thanks as that's one less Thread I need to give a fuck about.

Everyone knows my opinion of Chat, Caps and Vids Thread and it will remain unchanged - Nothing personal.
29-03-2015 19:18
Snooks Away
Snooker Loopy

Posting style is really a combination of factors but the only one I would focus on is 'words used'.
It should be clear to people what is clearly derogatory and unnecessarily nasty and uncalled for.
There are some issues where the crossing of the line is a bit of a grey area most notably imo with the likes of cup size enhancements and tattoos.
It is a matter of personal taste but I still believe it is possible to phrase things in such a way where common sense should dictate that little offence should be taken.
Blatant and empty personal insults and bringing into question the integrity of forum members on the basis of no evidence or flimsy evidence is out of order.
Criticism of shows is fine, personal abuse and derision of the looks of babes is not.
Criticism of the perceived attitude of the babes is most definitely fair game imo when based on the shows we see and even to some degree on the basis of social media rantings.
As long as comments are not of the empty and insulting variety towards babes and forum members I don't generally have a problem.

30-03-2015 00:08
mrmann Offline
Posting Machine

For Charlemagne:

Blush Get it? Good etiquette?
30-03-2015 00:12
HEX!T Away
Retired

hey skully, Charlemagne. I wasnt offended. Its not to big a deal to spend another 10 mins on my grammar in a post that took 30 mins to construct, if it helps you guys sleep at night... Tongue lol...
seriously though im not that easily offended.
i got what Charlemagne was saying and i was just fucking with him coz i am dyslexic (im a sick puppy. lol). no harm no foul Big Grin

Any Babe pics posted are my Take on existing photographs. credits for the original images stays with the copyright holder if any rights apply.

Today im wearing a gray hat. tomorrow it might be white or black, it depends on my mood
(This post was last modified: 30-03-2015 02:29 by HEX!T.)
30-03-2015 00:57
Rammyrascal Offline
Team Thicc

(29-03-2015 08:22 )Charlemagne Wrote:  Posting Style

Where ever possible you should use the standard, font, text size, colour etc.
Some people have specific posting styles e.g. post in pink and this isn't a problem

But we seem to have a lot of members who:
Post without any any capitals or any full stops or question marks and don't even know when one word stops and another one starts.

The other extreme is the over use of smilies, capital, colour and size button

For example: I AM VERY ANNOYED BECAUSE OF annoyedannoyedannoyedannoyedannoyedannoyedannoyedannoyedannoyedannoyedannoyed

Clearly someone didn't read this after a post they did last night in the s66 General chat thread

Piper Niven Superfan
30-03-2015 09:36

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

gemma hiles