• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Forum Etiquette

Boomerangutangangbang Offline
Owned by Kelly Bell

RE: Forum Etiquette
(06-04-2015 23:44 )Whynot Wrote:  
(06-04-2015 22:58 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  I don't mean to be cunty

I think more posts need to include this line Bounce

When you say more posts,do you mean more of Scottishbloke's posts or just more posts in general ? BounceBounce

FORUM AWARDS POSTER OF THE YEAR 2022 & 2023

Muchi-wa shifuku dearu

...And Justice For All - Metallica
06-04-2015 23:55
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Whynot Offline
Just Me

both Tongue I do enjoy reading that and hearing a scottish accent say it Bounce but it should be a universal phrase Tongue

I hate injustice and liars
07-04-2015 00:02
Boomerangutangangbang Offline
Owned by Kelly Bell

Yes & much less offensive than a date on a cap post. Rolleyes

FORUM AWARDS POSTER OF THE YEAR 2022 & 2023

Muchi-wa shifuku dearu

...And Justice For All - Metallica
07-04-2015 00:11
HEX!T Away
Retired

seems to me like a lot of guys on here are trying to tell every 1 else how to behave.
well unless your a mod and have genuine reason like charlmange.
KINDLY FUCK OFF!.
i think is the expression.

@sb
seriously why with all the complaints about other posting styles?, are you on limited data plans or something?
reason i asked is some have taken to your idea of removing quotes from posts and just leaving the name. end result i had no fucking idea what the guys were on about unless i went back 6 pages to find the original post. so while in theory it will cut down data usage its actually increased it because we are now having to go hunting for relevant posts to follow a conversation...

Any Babe pics posted are my Take on existing photographs. credits for the original images stays with the copyright holder if any rights apply.

Today im wearing a gray hat. tomorrow it might be white or black, it depends on my mood
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2015 01:08 by HEX!T.)
07-04-2015 00:29
terence Offline

(29-03-2015 08:01 )Charlemagne Wrote:  snip

just for the benefit of those who are unaware, if you see a quoted post snipped as the one above is, click on the small green arrow in the quote and you will be taken to the post in question. also in the main menu, if you click the small green arrow beside the thread you wish to view, it should take you to the last post you viewed in said thread.
remember the small green arrows are your friend! Wink

Chuck Norris has tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19). the virus is now in quarantine for 14 days.
07-04-2015 00:52
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
skully Offline

Just a small reminder, the only people who can tell members what they can and can't post are the forum team, people can make suggestions if they want, but they can (and in most cases should) be ignored, as regular members have no actual say in forum matters.
It's funny that we're in a thread named Forum Etiquette Rolleyes

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Tha thu 'nad fhaighean.
07-04-2015 13:15
M-L-L Offline
The Last Straw

I'm not here to pick fights with anyone.

If mods have problems with any of my posts I will adjust them, and I think to be fair I have done when this been made known to me by mods.

But it's somewhat rich to have small details of your posting style publicly mocked by other non-mod members when others seem to delight in constantly posting gratuitous insults, over-argumentative jibes and generally sweary posts at others all over the forum in various threads presenting their view as self-evident fact and denigrating all those who don't share their own opinion - and then for them to just dismiss it as being "just banter" and "to lighten up" when the other party responds to the provocation.

This is a mountain out of a molehill I'll freely admit - but it's not the first time I've had this "suggestion" made to me by a "back-seat moderator" about dates on caps; as well as receiving various other niggles about my caps that seem to cause "outrage" - both publicly and by PM.

I don't really see what the problem is with putting dates on posts or why everybody's posts should have to conform to one particularly opinionated member's views about how posts should be done.

For the record, and as I think I very politely explained in a PM response on this very subject last October :

I include dates on my caps posts because I'm not logging in and posting 8 hours a night every day of the week, so sometimes the caps I post can be days, weeks, a month old easily. I personally think it's helpful to let other members know when the caps were taken and for them not to be possibly misled by the date of the actual post, which may be well after the event. It might even help those with requests to other members for further posts/videos of a particular show, or whatever.

But I wouldn't keep suggesting that everybody else has to put dates on their posts. Or that they don't have to.

Apologies to the mods if this is just dragging this thread yet further off-topic but there's only so much drip-drip needling you can try to "rise above" and ignore : feel free to dump into Twilight Zone or whatever.
07-04-2015 19:32
Rammyrascal Offline
Team Thicc

I'm with you here M-L-L complete agreement with what your saying. These forum members annoy me too and have been targeted by them often

Piper Niven Superfan
07-04-2015 19:59
Scottishbloke Away
Banned

So if you want to talk about Forum Etiquette then's lets do. Firstly why are trolls allowed to sign up to this forum, make 0 posts yet they have the audacity to leave abusive reps on well established members such as that 150 a member that nobody has even heard of annoyed

Secondly - Since when did giving sound and solid advice make non mods into backseat mods, I didn't get to the where I am now without taking and listening to some advice along the way which came from non mods to answer that question.

MLL seeing as you've brought up the subject of sneering do you care to explain what you meant by this post when you said in response to one of the BS channels going down on SKY a few weeks ago.

(29-03-2015 18:37 )M-L-L Wrote:  ^ Wink But was any of it worth recording ? Tongue

Well to which my answer to that question was yes seeing that I went to the trouble of uploading Jada caps and the video from the channel that went down in which you thanked my upload, I also questioned that I didn't get the humour to which you said nothing in response to.

I'm not one who wishes to dig up posts from the past but seeing that you've decided to take a shot at me I thought it was only fair that I did likewise.

I expressed my opinion of dates at the top of the caps, that's all. Fair enough if you haven't got around to posting them at the time then fair enough but on the same night.

Anyway that's the last time I'll be offering anybody anymore advice seeing that you seem to have taken it all so personally rather than the constructive post I made just to be met with an onslaught of insults.

Lastly Rammy I don't why you're getting on your high moral horse about all this after looking at this evidence.

(02-04-2015 20:18 )Rammyrascal Wrote:  Why watch a channel or babe just to complain about them

(25-03-2015 21:39 )Rammyrascal Wrote:  ^Nope I'll post what I want on here

It kind of blows your comments up in smoke doesn't it but seeing that you had to have your say on the matter I thought it was only right that I also used your posts as an example.
08-04-2015 00:12
The Silent Majority Offline
Not any more

(08-04-2015 00:12 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  Anyway that's the last time I'll be offering anybody anymore advice

Hallelujah Cool
08-04-2015 02:19

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

gemma hiles