Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average

Scottishbloke Bids You All A Fond Farewell

TURNIPHEAD Offline
Master Poster

RE: Scottishbloke Bids You All A Fond Farewell
(24-07-2015 12:30 )skully Wrote:  
(24-07-2015 00:06 )TURNIPHEAD Wrote:  First it was SB who closed his account and now Mr Mystery has closed his account with this forum
What is going on with this forum , have I missed something ?
Mr Mystery made a cryptic comment about no thanks to SB from any of the Mods
Have the Mods upset them ?

Mr Mystery asked to close his account for personal reasons, it was nothing to do with the forum or anyone on here. Please don't look for a conspiracy where there isn't one. Others have had real world things come up which meant they wanted to cut ties with the forum, remember Skateguy, he just up and left without warning.

As for others thinking we're heavy handed, or this is all our fault, that's just not true. We give everyone a fair chance when they cross the line or do something wrong, it's not a case of if you post something we personally don't like we ban you, claiming otherwise isn't helpful or true.

As for SB, a series of small issues have built up and caused an issue or two which were moderated fairly (which is nobodies business), if SB chooses to return at some point, he will be welcome to, we don't discount his contributions and we don't hold grudges against members, we're not that petty.

Thank you for the explanation Skully
24-07-2015 13:49
Find all posts by this user
Forum Style Offline
Closed by Request

If anyone is thinking that Scottishbloke was an innocent who was forced off the forum by the moderating team then you've forgotten what made him such a valuable contributor - his combative passion for the channels and everything else in life. He made the decision to leave of his own accord. His account is still open so if he wishes to return, he will. If not? We should stand by his decision and wish him well. Personally, I like the Skateguy way of leaving, less flouncy than 'announcing' it - that's purely intended to provoke a reaction from us.
(This post was last modified: 24-07-2015 13:56 by Forum Style.)
24-07-2015 13:55
Mellow Offline
Posting Machine

(19-07-2015 18:54 )Scottishbloke Wrote:  Please know that the decision I've had to take is truly heart wrenching but sadly I can no longer continue to post on this forum and I wish to close my account down.

Isn't it a bit strange that Mr Mystery's request was granted so quickly but SB's account has still not been closed?
24-07-2015 15:44
terence Offline

not strange, just a coincidence. just to reiterate what skully has already said, mr mystery wanted his account closed immediately for personal reasons. to use his own words, he said it had nothing to do with the forum or anyone on it. i take him at his word because from my experience he was a straight talker and if he did have a problem with anything or anyone on here, he would've said so.

Chuck Norris has tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19). the virus is now in quarantine for 14 days.
24-07-2015 15:50
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
speedybert Away
Posting Machine

Shame.Another straight talker departs these shores

If you can't say anything nice.....join the club!!
24-07-2015 16:08
Forum Style Offline
Closed by Request

(24-07-2015 15:44 )Mellow Wrote:  Isn't it a bit strange that Mr Mystery's request was granted so quickly but SB's account has still not been closed?

From what Skully said, I assume that Scottishbloke didn't request his account to be closed via PM. He just said so in the original post on this thread, which by my reckoning wouldn't be sufficient to close an account - otherwise Kal-El's would also be closed.
24-07-2015 16:40
SOCATOA Offline
"mini see through thong"

This thread is full of people who see something that isnt thereSad Kinda like me after 5 or 6 pints of this wonderful ciderHuhHuh
24-07-2015 17:18
Whynot Offline
Just Me

(24-07-2015 12:30 )skully Wrote:  {snip}

Just an idea, maybe if mods were voted for and not just appointed then people would not complain as much. Or even an anonymous poll now and again where members can vote on whether they think individual mods are doing a good/fair job.

I hate injustice and liars
24-07-2015 19:49
Snooks Away
Snooker Loopy

Whether mods are appointed or voted for the nominated person has to want to do it first.
Different people will have different perceptions as to what characteristics and which forum members might make a good mod.
I would be an awful mod and would not really want the pressure of the job in all honesty.
I am so glad I don't have the responsibility of a mod, it would do my head in Huh.

(This post was last modified: 24-07-2015 20:07 by Snooks.)
24-07-2015 20:01
skully Offline

(24-07-2015 19:49 )Whynot Wrote:  
(24-07-2015 12:30 )skully Wrote:  {snip}

Just an idea, maybe if mods were voted for and not just appointed then people would not complain as much. Or even an anonymous poll now and again where members can vote on whether they think individual mods are doing a good/fair job.

Why should people get the right to vote, Mods are appointed by admin, he owns the forum, he advises us of how he would like things done, we follow his guidelines and if there is an issue, he tells us, we answer to him and him alone.

And no, there won't be any polls to vote on mods and moderation.

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Tha thu 'nad fhaighean.
24-07-2015 20:29
Thread Closed 

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

gemma hiles