Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average

Changes to the Reputation System

terence Offline

RE: Changes to the Reputation System
(07-07-2017 17:13 )M-L-L Wrote:  Wink Ah... the old "You might want to return that rep I gave you" PM's.
How I miss receiving those Winklaugh

or the old 'receive a rep from someone, get a few pm's that don't overtly ask for one back but offer you something and when you feel obliged and return the rep never hear from them again' one! Rolleyes

Chuck Norris has tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19). the virus is now in quarantine for 14 days.
07-07-2017 17:17
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
munch1917 Offline
Silence is golden

(07-07-2017 14:35 )terence Wrote:  as for munch's idea, it is a good one in principal but admin has said it wouldn't be technically possible to implement anyway.

Bounce
That's a diplomatic way of saying he doesn't have the know-how to make it happen. No shame there, my php skills are basic at best Big Laugh

I recall seeing from the sidelines some of the recent rep-wars, which resulted in negative reps being removed altogether. It was all very silly and petty, but got a little ugly at times as well, just hope that expanding the rep system doesn't lead us back down that path.
This is why I prefer simple thanks, you like a post, you thank the post, over a period of time, the best posters get most thanks, simples.

"I'm a featherless bird ... in a sky so absurd"

Sophia - Becky - Mica - Camilla - Ella
07-07-2017 20:43
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Joey 27 Offline
Posting Machine

(07-07-2017 14:30 )Regenerated Wrote:  The changes do seem to make sense in regards to cappers, video makers and picture posters being rewarded more strongly for their efforts than commentators.

That's in no way a criticism of comments, I have repped people before simply for comments and have received the same in return, it's just I feel that the caps and vids of the shows generally require more time and more work to get them right. Word posts can easily be edited with the on screen basic functions. If someone uses up more time and computer space with editing and saving caps and vids, I feel that would deserve a higher award.

I would just also offer a word of caution to put in place a safeguard to avoid petty squabbles and disputes about reps. Munch mentioned the points awarded being upgradeable but not downgradeable - that seems a good idea. Also the Forum Awards at the end of each year should still continue. I'm sure you guys had no intention of stopping those, it was just a thought in case people began using extra point reps as a substitute for voting in the awards.

Interesting thread with plenty of ideas, been a good read.

Of course the cap and video posters deserve praise and credit, but i think comments and opinions are the lifeblood of this forum

I have learned how to post pictures of the babeshow girls now, but i'll never just be a picture poster even though im grateful to people for thanking my picture posts
12-07-2017 21:53
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply