gemma hiles

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Armistice Day 2018

Jack the Nipper Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Armistice Day 2018
Soldiers never choose conflicts or wars to fight in successive governments do that job for them (often ill-advised) but in return it is a governments responsibility to make sure troops are properly equipped & resources are properly funded.The life of a serviceman/woman isn't just confined to those on the frontline/battlefield but also those who can no longer serve whether through injury or through retirement & may need help settling back to normal life (help with injuries,PTSD etc).I know of an ex-servicemen (who toured Afghanistan) who told me of ex-colleagues of his that received virtually no help (housing,jobs or checking mental health)when they returned to civilian life which I find a disgrace.They deserve better.
12-11-2018 00:06
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SecretAgent Offline
Posting Machine

RE: Armistice Day 2018
Just watched “They Shall Not Grow Old” by Peter Jackson on BBC2. Very moving to hear the real voices of WW1 soldiers and watch how Jackson’s team had used actual WW1 black & white film which they had coloured to show what life was like from enlistment in 1914 through to the end of the war. A fitting way to end the day.
12-11-2018 00:13
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

gemma hiles