GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

I'm Don Tingley, I Owe Some Apologies

Don Tingley Offline
Retired

I'm Don Tingley, I Owe Some Apologies
I understand i'm banned on here and i'm risking having this account ending too but i'd like to say a few things as this forum was (maybe sadly) a big part of my life. This is not a joke post or any kind of trolling.

I'm don tingley. My real name is Ben, i'm a tattooer from Leeds, as some of you already know. Recently i've had to admit to family and myself that i'm an alcoholic. I've not worked for a while now as i started caring for my grandad but his needs are now too much for me to cope with on my own. During a visit to the hospital with him i spoke to a nurse about pains i was having and a week ago i found out i have liver fibrosis, very early stage and if i stay off drink it will never affect me. I'm fine, luckily. I've tried quite a few times to stop drinking and have never lasted long, it's been a week now and i feel good. This is the longest i have gone without for over 10 years. It got pretty bad.

I first joined here 8 years ago and a lot of characters that were here aren't here anymore but if any of those are reading this post, and also people still here that i have had conflict with, i'd like to apologise for my behaviour, aggression, abuse and attitude towards all of you, no exceptions, i have no grudges and everyone is included in my apology. What is sad is that things have been so cloudy for so long that the list of people i have affected is too long for me to even remember, though i remember a fair few.

I've lashed out a lot, bitched openly and privately, and caused a lot of tension that can't be justified and has affected this forum negatively. This forum helped to kill a lot of time for me in the early years when work was slow and i was just sat around waiting to start drinking, it was a daily thing. I'm glad my posts brought some pleasure to some people back then, it was hard work posting so many vids, as the remaining posters will know.

I'm not wanting smypathy or anything, this is really just to apologise to the people that have had to put up with my shit at some point over the years, some have given it right back and some have just blocked me or ignored me, i don't blame you.

If anyone has a bad rep from me, let me know by PM and i'll remove it.

This forum has good people on it and you haven't deserved to have to put up with me whether recently or years ago. Cheers for reading, onwards and upwards hopefully
24-02-2020 00:09
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Carl-Gen X Offline
Back from sabbatical

RE: I'm Don Tingley, I Owe Some Apologies
Credit to you for writing that out...that took guts, and having read that account it’s more than understandable why you’ve lashed out in the past.

Getting your feelings out in the open is a good step to take, holding everything back just hurts you and comes out as anger, resentment, depression, whatever. Don’t be afraid to talk more should you feel the need. There are people here who will listen.
24-02-2020 00:25
Find all posts by this user
darren73 Offline
Picture Posting God

A true legend has returned I hope he will stay as he was a great guy who showed me a few things when I joined

Forum awards picture posting winner 2014/2016/2017/2018/2019/2020/2021/2023

Also Scarlett Jones PA on the forum
24-02-2020 00:44
lancealot790 Offline
Posting Machine

Its never too late to turn a new leaf and and start again, good luck with your efforts.
24-02-2020 01:02
GMach1 Offline
Account Closed

NO! I AM DON TINGLEY! Big Grin Okay seriously, I must admit I didn't know why I was targeted for such comments, all I ever wanted to be is friendly and make friends if necessary, yet for some reason you took an instant dislike, as some others did. However, I am not one to bear grudges so I can only wish you luck mate and have rated you with a positive message.

LIVERPOOL-Champions League & UEFA Super Cup AND
Club World Cup Winners 2019-YNWA!
So long, farewell, auf weidersehn, goodbye, adieu, syonara, ha su chin and CHEERIO!
(This post was last modified: 24-02-2020 01:25 by GMach1.)
24-02-2020 01:03
fazzer77 Offline
Posting Machine

Welcome back. I remember you posted great videos. In my opinion you were a pretty good contributor on that front.
24-02-2020 02:33
fatboy77 Offline
Master Poster

To be honest, you've always been helpful and friendly to me, and man, massive respect to you for that statement.

And if it's any help, my secret to staying off the booze for almost 30 years now, was to get so angry with it for f**king up my life, that I ended up despising the stuff and didn't want anything to do with it.
Simple and obvious, but very very effective.

Good luck mate.
24-02-2020 02:38
lovebabes56 Offline
The No.1 Teddy Bear!!

Good luck mate, to admit to being an alcoholic takes a lot of guts ,and I think the talk with the nurse was probably the best move you ever made and hopefully now it is the right move to helping you eventually quit drinking. Nearly all of us probably at some point in our lives have had to deal with that demon and luckily for me I never have to, since my parents were told when i was young that I must never drink alcohol neat. I can have the odd glass of champagne on special occasions or a shandy beer but that's about it with alcohol for me. personally, but I do hope that the next step will lead you to seeking further professional help through your GP in order to quit drinking for good.

FERRARI & LOVEBABES, - BABE CHANNELS ULTIMATE COUPLE!!
CURRENT BS BABE FAVES :- MIGHTY MIKAELA WITT, DUCHESS DARELLE OLIVER, SULTRY STORMI MACK,
ALL - TIME BABE FAVES:- FERNANDA FERARRI , MELLIE D AND MIKAELA WITT PHOENIX KNIGHT[ DENNI TAYLA, SEXY STEVIE LOUISE
'ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE" - LIFE OF BRIAN
24-02-2020 08:44
KerrAvon Offline
Posting Machine

You see mate, you're not all bad Wink Many may not know who how friendly & helpful you've been over the years, to me too, as you've never done it for any recognition. The very idea of spicing up my caps with gifs came from you, the first person I saw do it on this forum.

I too have seen the dreadful impact of alcoholism on loved ones, and believe me your admission is a big first step to finding your way back from an unfortunate wrong turn.

At a time where we're losing one forum legend (in Forum Style), we don't want to lose another. So the very best of luck in your battle.
24-02-2020 10:03
Charlemagne Offline

You were a pain in the arse. Wink
You always used to beat me in admins picture quizes. You always posted better caps than me. You were such a perfectionist.
And you were always one of the best caps and vids posters ever.

Stick with it Ben.

24-02-2020 11:01
Thread Closed 

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

gemma hiles