Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average

HALL OF FAME Discussion Thread

The Silent Majority Offline
Not any more

RE: HALL OF FAME Discussion Thread
(18-03-2020 14:15 )winsaw Wrote:  No I deffenalty don't want to be a chairman lol i do t think a committee would work that well as a vote is better, but as I have said before I do think there should be a sort of special award for survices to the babeshows for the unsubscribe hero like Beth no that could be done by committee maybe the mods plus those who have been here a long time and contribute a lot to the forum, that would be interesting,

If we go down that road, the committee would have to be appointed by the Mods/Admin and the names kept secret otherwise there will be a shitstorm every year about the names put forward.
There will likely be a shitstorm anyway but with nobody to aim at directly it will fizzle out quickly.
18-03-2020 14:25
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SecretAgent Offline
Posting Machine

Ok so my thoughts.

If you look at the sports that have Hall of Fames they often have qualifying criteria eg for the NFL in America then Players and Coaches have to have been retired for 5 years. Now we can never tell when a babeshow girl has retired so that wouldn't work for us but we could come up with qualifying criteria. Please remember though that HoF nominees do need to stand
apart in some way.

Some criteria I think should be considered are:

1. Appeared on the shows at least 10 years ago
2. Have appeared on the shows for at least 5 years AND have won a minimum of 2 forum awards.

This would create on an annual basis a pool of possible inductees and that pool would increase over time. It would also mean all girls would over time qualify for consideration.

We should not in my opinion bulk load (and therefore devalue) the award by vastly increasing the number of inductees.

The list of potential inductees could perhaps come from the A-Z thread and a small group could put that together each year.

I would also add an inductee category for forum members with criteria as above ie member for 10 years or 5 years and an award winner. One inductee a year should suffice & I know I suggested a name to the Mods a few weeks ago.

Lets keep the suggestions open so we can when ready AS A FORUM agree the nomination criteria.
18-03-2020 14:45
winsaw Offline
winsaw is the insider lol

^^ thats a really good idea adding a forum member that should so happen, be a bit disappointing now if it don't such a good idea,

i guess saying only girls who have done 10 years on the shows or won a forum award go onto the list of girls to chose from each year also makes a lot of sence and stopps the issue The Silent Majority talks about, but it dose not stop the Dannica problem a girl who was a huge star changed the shows but was only on for a short time, shes not the only girl like that so there needs to be some way of getting gils like that into the HOF,

currently walking on the Sunny side of the street

Best Cap Poster 2016 & 2017, runner-up 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 & 2023
18-03-2020 15:18
Kingsmind Offline
Posting Machine

Talking of having 2 inductee's into the Hall Of Fame again how about this Babelover runs the first Hall Of Fame tournament then someone else runs the second Hall Of Fame tournament the reason why i am saying this is because you look at the sports Hall Of Fame's there is always someone different to inductee them whether that's 2,3,4 people etc.

Nothing wrong with the way you run it Babelover it's my idea fits in well with what i am trying to say and by the way Secret Agent i like your idea your idea makes a lot of sense.

Funniest Poster Runner Up 2019
Premier League Prediction Thread Winner 2020/21
18-03-2020 15:28
SecretAgent Offline
Posting Machine

^^ Dannica would already qualify as a possible inductee in my suggested criteria as according to the A-Z thread she first appeared in 2009.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2019 & 2021
MOST DEVOTED FANBOY 2022 & 2023
18-03-2020 15:33
Charlemagne Offline

Just stepping in to say that Danica meets the criteria for eligablity for HOF.

She was eligable for the 2019 nominations as well.

Quote:Criteria
2. The girls must have worked on a babeshow over 5 years ago (before October14)

18-03-2020 15:44
winsaw Offline
winsaw is the insider lol

^^ i was more looking at it if we do back to 10 years we will need a Dannica rule for some girl, this is why it was dropped to 5 years before for the reasons go into, but if it was 10 then this is a big issue deciding who is exempt so it may be a lot better to say at 5 years

currently walking on the Sunny side of the street

Best Cap Poster 2016 & 2017, runner-up 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 & 2023
18-03-2020 16:25
SecretAgent Offline
Posting Machine

(18-03-2020 16:25 )winsaw Wrote:  ^^ i was more looking at it if we do back to 10 years we will need a Dannica rule for some girl, this is why it was dropped to 5 years before for the reasons go into, but if it was 10 then this is a big issue deciding who is exempt so it may be a lot better to say at 5 years

My suggestion is that ALL girls qualify 10 years after heir first appearance. The second qualifying criteria I proposed works alongside the first criteria and means that any girl who has been on the shows at least 5 years AND has won a forum award would also qualify after 5 years. That way the "stars" who we have already said are exceptional qualify for consideration a bit faster.

I'm sure others will have good ideas as well

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2019 & 2021
MOST DEVOTED FANBOY 2022 & 2023
18-03-2020 17:51
ryuken Offline
Hadouken

One HOF inductee per year is perfectly fine, it makes it more prestigious.

Sophia Lares, Ruby Summers and Fernanda Ferrari are probably the only Black/Latina presenters that are HOF worthy.

Same with Preeti Young, Priya Young, Nicole Snow and Jada Cameo being the only Asian ones on that level too.

I love babes with brown nipples
18-03-2020 19:59
Kingsmind Offline
Posting Machine

(18-03-2020 19:59 )ryuken Wrote:  One HOF inductee per year is perfectly fine, it makes it more prestigious.

Agree with you , the HOF doesn't need to be changed as much as people are making out.

Of course Babelover created this thread for a reason so you can throw out certain ideas.

Oh and another thing imagine how unprestigious the say Queen Of BS or Newcomer would become if they had 2 winners so it works both ways i think , you can be for and against ideas.

Funniest Poster Runner Up 2019
Premier League Prediction Thread Winner 2020/21
(This post was last modified: 18-03-2020 20:14 by Kingsmind.)
18-03-2020 20:13