Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average

HALL OF FAME Discussion Thread

eyres42 Offline
Posting Machine

RE: HALL OF FAME Discussion Thread
8-10 inductees per year would be overkill and lessen the prestige IMO.

Feels like people are trying to manufacture a result with this pioneers thing, been watching the shows a long while but I've never heard of the some of the names that have been mentioned.
18-12-2023 07:39
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Silent Majority Offline
Not any more

Well, I think there's been some overreaction here, as well as overreaction to the overreaction Rolleyes

Anyway, Pioneers is good. Sounds a bit less subjective than Legends.

I think the committee approach is the right one because, whether we like it or not, we've left it too late to get some of these early babes in by conventional means. If the HoF had started at the same time as the forum, chances are most of them would be in already. But as time goes on the forum membership evolves and an ever increasing number of active members will never have heard of many of the early babes.
That's just the way it is.

Having said that, the committee needs more thought. I think the Forum Awards winners is totally the wrong approach. No offence to anyone but, having the best avatar, being the funniest poster etc, doesn't necessarily give you an insight into the early days of the babeshows.

I'd be looking more at using the Members HoF. Obviously there aren't enough yet to form a decent committee, but I'd be happy for them to invite a few others onto the committee. And if I was them I'd be looking at any cap and vid makers from back in the day, still on the forum, as imo they will have better knowledge of the babe's shows than us ordinary wankers.

Once they have created a list of nominations it should then be put out to a public vote (and just a straight vote, no rounds), with links beside each name to any archive material still live on the forum, including discussion threads as this can give an idea what sort of buzz a girl was creating.
This would allow members not familiar with some of the babes to do some research and still make an informed decision on who to vote for.

That's my tuppence worth.
18-12-2023 08:51
Charlemagne Offline

^ This years panel nominations are being put before the whole forum to vote for.
A bio for the girls & links to their A-Z post and other internet sites (Wikipedia) will also be supplied at the voting stage. Non nominating members are also welcome to add suggestions on the nomination thread.

Voting will commence once all nominations are in, or declined or by next Friday if there is no response.

18-12-2023 08:58
Kingsmind Offline
Posting Machine

The Hall Of Fame should just be the Hall Of Fame simply as that , no need for another , i mean what is next the Greek Island Hall Of Fame.

Plus the Hall Of Fame is supposed to be hard to get in so adding another Hall Of Fame makes even easier to get in.

The Hall Of Fame is supposed to have prestige so the prestige has been taken away in my opinion.

The Hall Of Fame is supposed to be special for the babes but now it seems like it is special for the members instead because some members can just vote for who ever they like in the Hall Of Fame and no one else has a say in it.

Funniest Poster Runner Up 2019
Premier League Prediction Thread Winner 2020/21
18-12-2023 15:50
SecretAgent Offline
Posting Machine

^ You clearly have not understood the process. As members we discussed last year that girls from the early days of shows were being overlooked so this is a good spirited attempt to correct that oversight.

Charles has explained twice now that all members will get chance to vote for a Pioneer inductee. Nominees are being suggested with this new procedure which will be tried and subsequently reviewed.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2019 & 2021
MOST DEVOTED FANBOY 2022 & 2023
18-12-2023 16:12
Charlemagne Offline

In reply to Kingsmind.
We are not inducting more babes this year. Last year there were 3, this year there will be 3. We are just looking to acknowledge those girls who worked in the earlier days.

Every year there are changes to the awards. We changed it to give the dayshows girls a chance and we also brought in the Legions, both which proved popular

As SecretAgent has mentioned the voting round will be for all the forum.
But because a lot of the girls nominated are before a good few of you can remember, I will be adding a bio and a pic.

Let's see how it runs.

18-12-2023 16:31
Kingsmind Offline
Posting Machine

(18-12-2023 16:12 )SecretAgent Wrote:  ^ You clearly have not understood the process. As members we discussed last year that girls from the early days of shows were being overlooked so this is a good spirited attempt to correct that oversight.

Charles has explained twice now that all members will get chance to vote for a Pioneer inductee. Nominees are being suggested with this new procedure which will be tried and subsequently reviewed.

Well in my opinion i think it is great they are being overlooked , the Hall Of Fame is supposed to be hard to get in , so if someone more newer has made more of an impact then a classic babe then so be it , just because they are classic babes doesn't automatically mean they deserve to get in.

18-12-2023 17:45
Boomerangutangangbang Offline
Owned by Kelly Bell

(18-12-2023 17:45 )Kingsmind Wrote:  
(18-12-2023 16:12 )SecretAgent Wrote:  ^ You clearly have not understood the process. As members we discussed last year that girls from the early days of shows were being overlooked so this is a good spirited attempt to correct that oversight.

Well in my opinion i think it is great they are being overlooked , the Hall Of Fame is supposed to be hard to get in , so if someone more newer has made more of an impact then a classic babe then so be it , just because they are classic babes doesn't automatically mean they deserve to get in.

You think it's great that babes that you have never seen are being overlooked, how would you know if a newer babe had more of an impact than a babe that you've never watched.

What I can say with some certainty is that if we'd had a HOF from 2008-2015 then many of the Pioneer babes would already be in.

FORUM AWARDS POSTER OF THE YEAR 2022 & 2023

Muchi-wa shifuku dearu

...And Justice For All - Metallica
18-12-2023 18:00
SecretAgent Offline
Posting Machine

So Kingsmind if you never saw Stanley Matthews, George Best, Pele play they were rubbish and don't deserve to be remembered in a Football Hall of Fame. Well I think I can say I and many others disagree with you. I only started watching the shows in 2012 but I don't for one minute believe that means that someone I never saw isn't worthy just because I don't remember her

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2019 & 2021
MOST DEVOTED FANBOY 2022 & 2023
(This post was last modified: 18-12-2023 18:03 by SecretAgent.)
18-12-2023 18:01
Kingsmind Offline
Posting Machine

Not saying that at all you got the wrong end of the stick.

What i am saying is there needs to be a talking point on these awards like saying oh i can't believe she isn't in , the shock factors need to be in.

So if we had 1 Hall Of Fame the shock factor would still be in but on 2 Hall Of Fame's it wouldn't because it would be easier to get in.

So on the actual Hall Of Fame if they don't vote for the pioneers they don't simples , we don't have to be forced to put them in just because they couldn't get in before the rules was changed. It's also the same on legends you think about it , how ever the days i do agree with because they often got forgot about and left behind.

And Boom if you say from 2008-2015 the pioneers would be in the Hall Of Fame then i believe you so it's a shame it wasn't around years ago isn't it.

(This post was last modified: 18-12-2023 19:33 by Kingsmind.)
18-12-2023 19:01