Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average

HALL OF FAME Discussion Thread

Snooks Away
Snooker Loopy

RE: HALL OF FAME Discussion Thread
Two strands to this post which I hope will be my last on this thread for a little while.
Heaven knows you all deserve a rest from me for a while anyway.

Firstly my heartfelt dream is for equality of opportunity in all respects. Equality of babe recognition from all eras. Equality of power to nominate from as many forum members as possible.
This is a difficult square to circle in a universally acceptable way and I fully appreciate that. My head and my heart both are of the same instinct but that being said I am somewhat all over the place with my thought processes at the moment.
That's what soul searching does to one I suppose Surprised.
Once my soul searching is done my constructive mode will take over once again and I will perhaps be in a better spot to try and authenticate some form of workable solutions in a similar spirit to the Competition formats thread I created some years ago.
For now though I have much cause to reflect as I often do.

Which brings me on to the second strand of this post.
An apology to Charlemagne and to Boomer.
I created a lot of this mess albeit from the heart through an honestly held view. However I articulated it in a nuclear and confrontational style akin to that of my criticism of the babe culture of much renown.
But I failed to recognize the post wasn't about babe culture.
It was about forum culture and ideas.
That was a gross error of judgement on my part for which I am hugely remorseful. Snooks is nothing without admitting to failure.
And I failed here. Big time.
To have a situation where Charlemagne felt a desire or need to stop running things in future puts things in a new perspective.
He should not have been put in that position and I am chiefly to blame through irresponsible terminology and tone in my initial post.
It created wholly unnecessary mayhem.
I have been here nearly 14 years. During that time I have always tried to articulate my views in the best and most noble way I could.
But I am not perfect and am still learning as we all are.

I speak from the heart and from the gut.
That is my first and last line of defence but sometimes even that is inadequate. We all have a duty to say things in the right way.
I did not achieve that this time which will be an eternal source of regret.

Thank you to all involved in this process.
I know all too well how difficult running comps can be having done it myself.
I quit while I was behind laugh.

Strength and fortitude to you all.

(This post was last modified: 18-12-2023 19:34 by Snooks.)
18-12-2023 19:07
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Charlemagne Offline

^ Thanks for what you say Snooks.
I knew it was to time to move on when I couldn't be bothered to debate the points any more.

To Kingsmind
I understand what you are saying. What we are trying to do is acknowledge the girls who were missed because we didn't have the Hall of Fame when they stopped working on the shows. Some of the girls who have just been nominated brought back pleasant memories.

And guys, don't forget it's only a contest.

18-12-2023 19:30
lovebabes56 Offline
The No.1 Teddy Bear!!

don't forget to post your nominations in my section guys!!

FERRARI & LOVEBABES, - BABE CHANNELS ULTIMATE COUPLE!!
CURRENT BS BABE FAVES :- MIGHTY MIKAELA WITT, DUCHESS DARELLE OLIVER, SULTRY STORMI MACK,
ALL - TIME BABE FAVES:- FERNANDA FERARRI , MELLIE D AND MIKAELA WITT PHOENIX KNIGHT[ DENNI TAYLA, SEXY STEVIE LOUISE
'ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE" - LIFE OF BRIAN
(This post was last modified: 18-12-2023 21:29 by lovebabes56.)
18-12-2023 20:03
Boomerangutangangbang Offline
Owned by Kelly Bell

(18-12-2023 19:07 )Snooks Wrote:  Which brings me on to the second strand of this post.

No need to apologize , I am equally culpable, if not more so, I have apologized to Charle privately although I sense he's still pretty pissed of with me.Huh

In our defence it all came from a good place, all barring one had an interest in getting the best outcome. That one, was involved for one reason only, they never have & no doubt never will nominate in the HOF.

FORUM AWARDS POSTER OF THE YEAR 2022 & 2023

Muchi-wa shifuku dearu

...And Justice For All - Metallica
18-12-2023 20:43
lovebabes56 Offline
The No.1 Teddy Bear!!

(18-12-2023 20:43 )Boomerangutangangbang Wrote:  
(18-12-2023 19:07 )Snooks Wrote:  Which brings me on to the second strand of this post.

No need to apologize , I am equally culpable, if not more so, I have apologized to Charle privately although I sense he's still pretty pissed of with me.Huh

In our defence it all came from a good place, all barring one had an interest in getting the best outcome. That one, was involved for one reason only, they never have & no doubt never will nominate in the HOF.
I'm sure Charle will accept your apology in time mate, give him time, he needs to recovr from the reaction he got.

I don't think my attempts as peacemaker workec very well either.

CURRENT BS BABE FAVES :- MIGHTY MIKAELA WITT, DUCHESS DARELLE OLIVER, SULTRY STORMI MACK,
ALL - TIME BABE FAVES:- FERNANDA FERARRI , MELLIE D AND MIKAELA WITT PHOENIX KNIGHT[ DENNI TAYLA, SEXY STEVIE LOUISE
(This post was last modified: 18-12-2023 21:28 by lovebabes56.)
18-12-2023 21:26
winsaw Online
winsaw is the insider lol

(18-12-2023 07:39 )eyres42 Wrote:  Feels like people are trying to manufacture a result with this pioneers thing, been watching the shows a long while but I've never heard of the some of the names that have been mentioned.

To me that proves there needs to be a way to induct girls from the first years of the shows that possibility lots of members may not have ever seen ,
Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they are not highly important to the history of the babeshows,
I never saw Bobby Charlton play football but I am happy to believe those who did that tell me he's one of the best Englishmen to ever play the game ,
The exact same principle apply to some of the names you haven't heard off

currently walking on the Sunny side of the street

Best Cap Poster 2016 & 2017, runner-up 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 & 2023
19-12-2023 11:23
eyres42 Offline
Posting Machine

(19-12-2023 11:23 )winsaw Wrote:  
(18-12-2023 07:39 )eyres42 Wrote:  Feels like people are trying to manufacture a result with this pioneers thing, been watching the shows a long while but I've never heard of the some of the names that have been mentioned.

To me that proves there needs to be a way to induct girls from the first years of the shows that possibility lots of members may not have ever seen ,
Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they are not highly important to the history of the babeshows,
I never saw Bobby Charlton play football but I am happy to believe those who did that tell me he's one of the best Englishmen to ever play the game ,

Of course, and if enough people vote for them they'll get in. Don't think they should be getting in just on the basis of when they worked though.
19-12-2023 12:36
KerrAvon Offline
Posting Machine

It's quite normal for different types of inductee to be part of a Hall of Fame. Legacy and celebrities inductees were added to the WWE/WWF HoF, and Early Influences (pre rock and roll) and non-performers came as part of the Rock and Roll HoF (correct me by all means).

What's interesting is that when both of those started (1993 and 1986 respectably) it was initially mainly 'pioneering' performers long before those dates that got inducted first. I see that as to give recognition to those who paved the way for what we're enjoying (or not enjoying lol) now. As has been said before maybe if the babeshows HoF started a few years earlier this may have happened already by now. But as older membership and memories fade away in favour of newer members, the chances of this happening now recede in what is an open knockout vote.

I can see how Charle is trying to address this with a panel for the pioneers nominations. And unlike a normal HoF panel, you STILL have the final say vote in this (from what I understand), as well as STILL having the open vote for the other inductees. The lack of say and vote is the main criticism of other HoFs, yet we have it here and are still complaining. Time to chill out is all I'll say.
19-12-2023 18:25
winsaw Online
winsaw is the insider lol

(19-12-2023 12:36 )eyres42 Wrote:  
(19-12-2023 11:23 )winsaw Wrote:  

Of course, and if enough people vote for them they'll get in. Don't think they should be getting in just on the basis of when they worked though.

Mate you are so completely missing the point of HOFs and how they work,
They have nothing to do with who is the flavour of the month at the moment and are about recognising greatness when ever that was ,
You argument is that as you never saw it you can ignore the past which is just so wrong ,

currently walking on the Sunny side of the street

Best Cap Poster 2016 & 2017, runner-up 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 & 2023
20-12-2023 00:31
lovebabes56 Offline
The No.1 Teddy Bear!!

Guys

Charle and I have agred to extend the deadline to till 10pm tomorrow night to allow theose who haven't yet voted to cast their votess

I look foward to receiving as many votes as possible!!

(This post was last modified: 21-12-2023 07:25 by lovebabes56.)
21-12-2023 07:24