gemma hiles

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Anti-climax

Doddle Offline
Probably Not Dr Kildare

Anti-climax
It has to be said that snookered is not the only guy to be clocking up the 10 year mark this week (what a landmark/mixed bag of a seven days that must have been a decade ago).

I should give thanks to the many babes on the channels, most of whom have left the screens (and in some cases, the business) before my very eyes (ahem)
Then there's the channels, most of which have also dwindled and disappeared on my watch (ahem again)
So that brings me to the many people here I've sorta got to know over this time, a lot of whom have left for one reason or another (maybe that's enough of that line of thought)

I did look back at my Intro thread, partly to see who else might have landed here at that time – no, just snookered & I of note. I couldn't see a thread for him, which fits his m.o. of being part of the furniture (that doesn't quite sound as generous as it's meant to). I did read in mine that I got a nice comment from Forum Style, which reminds me how kind people have been, and how sometimes people don't get a choice about leaving.

So, yeah, thanks everyone, I think I've become a better person over 10 years – which is nice (also perhaps not for me to say). Certainly one lesson I feel I've tried to learn (not entirely succeeded) is knowing when it's a good time to keep your trap shut – one reason I stepped away from the News Zone, once I realised it had become counter-productive, and was causing upset. It does give me more time for other things, so it's a win-win.

I am aware that a surprising number of you have higher expectations, or demands, for these shows than I do. But hey, friends can disagree and still be friends, that's one of the great things about it.

I won't name particular people (apart from the 2 I already have) because I'm bound to forget someone important and upset them. So I'm missing everyone instead, to be on the safe side. If I've repped you, you should know anyway, and if I haven't yet, then I'm probably getting around to it slowly.

Damn, this “why use 10 words when 1000 will do?” act is very tempting after all... shocked

Arthur Miller Wrote:I think the job of the artist... is to remind people of what they have chosen to forget.
10-06-2020 14:09
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
circles_o_o_o Offline
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌║▌║

RE: Anti-climax
Yeah well, you post what you post... Wink

But it's the ever changing array of avatars, bylines & quotes that have provided the real entertainment over the years. If you ever think of creating a retrospective gallery thread of them, I bet it would be a hit. Smile
10-06-2020 14:33
SecretAgent Offline
Posting Machine

Diamond geezer. Happy anniversary!

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2019 & 2021
MOST DEVOTED FANBOY 2022 & 2023
10-06-2020 14:40
winsaw Offline
winsaw is the insider lol

you are a good guy on the forum mate, i have always liked that you have never been worried to say what you think and like the girls you like even if they are not the most popular on the forum,

currently walking on the Sunny side of the street

Best Cap Poster 2016 & 2017, runner-up 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 & 2023
10-06-2020 15:54
Snooks Away
Snooker Loopy

Congratulations Doddle.
Not only do we share 2020 as the 10th anniversary year of joining the forum but of course we share a love for Snooker. I very much enjoy your posts generally but especially the snooker ones.
Your disapproval of 'Tubs Murphy' as you call him is as legendary as my dislike of the anti freeloader brigade Wink laugh.

I admire the straight talking approach of your posting and your profound honesty to boot. Long may you grace this forum. Heres to another ten years Smile.

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2020 21:53 by Snooks.)
10-06-2020 19:29
terence Offline

personally, i live for your supergirl episode synopsises! Smile

congrats mate, coming up to 10 years myself. time flies when you're.... doing stuff! Smile

Chuck Norris has tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19). the virus is now in quarantine for 14 days.
10-06-2020 21:51
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
skully Offline

Congrats Doddle, honest, sarcastic, all round good guy, 10 years ago we had some great people join...and terence laugh

Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
Tha thu 'nad fhaighean.
10-06-2020 22:21
Charlemagne Offline

You've been an ever present on the forum over the last 10 years.
Well done Doodle Smile

10-06-2020 22:25
Boomerangutangangbang Offline
Owned by Kelly Bell

Congrats on your 10th Forum Anniversary, I have great admiration for your staying power & I really appreciate your individual style of humour, as I've often felt people don't always get mine, but I like it that way.

Funnily enough I've just missed myself passing 9 years here due to the fact that I wasn't paying attention by not being here....what have I missed ? Has anyone ...

So I made my first post for 4 years the other day, lazy cunt, & was only really active for the first 3 years .Looking into it I've been tossing it off for the best part of 5 years, shocking behavior. eek

Just as well I can't do jack shit out in the real world & I've got time to trawl through all the post I've missed while I've been doing really important stuff like ... well, you wouldn't want to know.

First port of call will be you, cos D comes quite early in the alphabet & I need some sort of a system if I'm gonna get through this, can't imagine that there's anything that interesting in the ABC's Wink There's bound to be some quality reads in the Doddle back catalogue.

Again, well done & thanks for contributing to the Forum & playing your part in there being somewhere for me to return to. Smile

FORUM AWARDS POSTER OF THE YEAR 2022 & 2023

Muchi-wa shifuku dearu

...And Justice For All - Metallica
10-06-2020 23:08
M-L-L Offline
The Last Straw

Smile Generally a good egg....(apart from the gratuitous anti-Lori jibes obviously, I haven't checked but I assume the overall post count has lowered somewhat in her absence laugh)..... well done ! Smile
10-06-2020 23:59

GEMMA HILES free subscription click here

gemma hiles