Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 3.44 Average

Breaks...

Scotsman Offline
Posting Machine

Breaks...
Someone somewhere has to devise a way around callers basically being ripped off when a girl goes on their break. I just sat in the queue for about ten minutes waiting on Holly James, I was just being connected when she picked up the mic and said she was off on her break.

So basically I just lost out on £15 or whatever for absolutely nothing. There must be some way around this as it's desperately unfair on callers who have been waiting and then get punted out of the queue. I know the girls need a break, but there needs to be some way to make it fair on the callers as well.
12-07-2009 12:52
Find all posts by this user
vega200 Offline
Apprentice Poster

RE: Breaks...
So, in that situation, you don't get routed to another girl?

It is unfair (and another minus point for me in deciding whether to make my first call or not). Not sure how you'd get around it though unless everyone who calls in votes with their feet... a distinct fall in revenue might get them to perk their ideas up. Can't see that happening somehow. And I guess the station's excuse is that you can listen in while you wait, which means you're actually getting some level of the service for which you're paying.

It's a shame that these types of businesses are run in underground fashion... but that's the current landscape... while selling sex services remains a social and political taboo, the 'consumer' will always be shafted.

Please excuse excessive use of terrible puns.
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2009 21:30 by vega200.)
12-07-2009 13:06
Sm© Away
すべてが言われて終わった後

Some girls have been known to carry the conversation on behind the scenesWink
The timer that babestation sometimes puts on screen helps, gives you an idea if its worth calling in.
12-07-2009 13:14
geekalert Offline
Senior Poster

Scotsman Wrote:Someone somewhere has to devise a way around callers basically being ripped off when a girl goes on their break. I just sat in the queue for about ten minutes waiting on Holly James, I was just being connected when she picked up the mic and said she was off on her break.

So basically I just lost out on £15 or whatever for absolutely nothing. There must be some way around this as it's desperately unfair on callers who have been waiting and then get punted out of the queue. I know the girls need a break, but there needs to be some way to make it fair on the callers as well.

i queued for a long time to get through to holly today, i feel your pain however i dont think we can blame the girl who must have breaks whens shes been told too. dont think she would decide to take a break when she feels. i know restrictions are tight on tv
12-07-2009 13:24
Scotsman Offline
Posting Machine

Yeah the timer is a good idea. It's also fine if the girl keeps chatting behind the scenes but so far that's only happened to me on the Pad during a girl changeover. It just seems very unfair to have to sit in the queue for a long time and then not even get to speak to her. At least on some channels, you get to speak to someone but on dayshows like Elite where there's one girl on, you're fucked.

Also, yeah, I'm completely not blaming the girls at all. They need a break and that's 100% understandable. I just feel the channel should have some kind of precaution in there, like a timer for example.
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2009 13:26 by Scotsman.)
12-07-2009 13:25
Jonnieboy Offline
Senior Poster

vega200 Wrote:So, in that situation, you don't get routed to another girl?
Sometimes you do - the girl might offer to put you through to the next girl on, but other times you can find yourself dumped back to the main menu.

To avoid all that I prefer not to call if I know the girl is anywhere near the end of her section.
12-07-2009 13:47
m100 Away
Banned

I'm with jonnieboy on this - I never call if the girls been on for around 20 minutes it's just not worth it. All it takes is one idiot talking about his holidays or decorating his front room (yes a night show, go figure), and you've no chance if like most channels the girls are on for around 30 minutes per session. I find bangbabes and elite the most difficult to judge, babestation is nearly always a thirty minute session and so is sexstations stream. Plus to be fair to the channels they don't know how many callers are not going to say anything when they get through. The most i've heard do that in one go is three (to camilla - can't say that she scares me).

would all those wishing to take part in today's round of multiple username bingo please note emails must be submitted before 5pm
12-07-2009 16:50
steven6 Offline
I'm Orange

It is ridiculous but like smc says some girls used to continue the conversation backstage

I wish I could go back in time and kill whoever invented Breast Implants!!!!!!
12-07-2009 17:49
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Scotsman Offline
Posting Machine

I think a timer is definately the best solution, so you know precisely how long you have left.

None of the channels will stick to that though because they'd rather people are calling up for a couple of minutes and not getting through to anyone 'cause it's a quick bit of money for them. I honestly think if these channels treated the callers with respect, they'd get more business rather than silly little things that con people out of a bit of money and irritate them.
12-07-2009 21:13
Thread Closed