Click here to watch Studio 66

Thread Rating:
  • 24 Vote(s) - 3.21 Average

Twighlight Zone & Chat Room

perana68 Offline
Master Poster

Twighlight Zone & Chat Room
Started a thread because I wasn't allowed to post in the one that had already been started!!!

Certain people in the chat room are cool and will engage you in a conversation (Mr G, Tsu to name a couple). But alas most of the chatroom stalwarts are a clique and just ignore you, I've given up visiting because of the single minded ignorance of the few
(This post was last modified: 21-07-2009 23:53 by perana68.)
21-07-2009 23:51
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tsurugi Offline
Banned

RE: Twighlight Zone & Chat Room
Just ignore the fanboys and chat with the cool kids....most peeps in there are alright but i get where you are coming from when you mention the "clique"

Oh wait i forgot to mention one special person....before i do i have to say i am saying this of my own free will and nobody is forcing me in anyway
SOOKY!!!!!!! SHE IS JUST AWESOME . *Now will you take the scissors away from me beard*
(This post was last modified: 22-07-2009 01:22 by tsurugi.)
22-07-2009 00:33
Shalashaska Offline
Posting Machine

i thought everyone in the chat is nice enough. when i first logged in there everyone was chatting. it depends on the conversation and if you get involved in it.
22-07-2009 04:55
Shandy Offline

(21-07-2009 23:51 )perana68 Wrote:  Started a thread because I wasn't allowed to post in the one that had already been started!!!

Certain people in the chat room are cool and will engage you in a conversation (Mr G, Tsu to name a couple). But alas most of the chatroom stalwarts are a clique and just ignore you, I've given up visiting because of the single minded ignorance of the few

personally speaking, i've not been in the chat much the last few weeks, but before that, i try to say hi and talk to most people, but not being funny, can't talk to every single person that comes in. do you walk into a pub and expect everyone to say hi like norm from cheers? nope, so really its no different to that. plus see Mook's post below, makes a good point that i highlighted. the amount of times people come in and don't make any efforts themselves is a big factor.

(22-07-2009 04:55 )Shalashaska Wrote:  i thought everyone in the chat is nice enough. when i first logged in there everyone was chatting. it depends on the conversation and if you get involved in it.

i agree, there is a clique now, but i ain't part of it. i'll leave that to people to work out themselves.
22-07-2009 06:57
Sooky™ Offline
The Rack Attack!!

There is no 'clique' in the chatbox, but rather differing opinions/tastes/interests/personalities

Like in real life, some people's personalities will clash, others will gel and get along. There is no denying there have been issues in there recently, but this has simply been an unfortunate continuation of the sort of issues that have been breaking out all over the forum of late being dragged in there. This will, inevitably, cause some tensions and the like, but is hopefully dissipating, much like it is on the forum as a whole.

But, as has been mentioned already, the only thing you can really do in the chatbox is jump in and chat away - most of what gets spoken about in there is utter crap anyway, so should be easy enough to keep up with lol
It is, basically, just a place to hang out and chew the fat. You will find plenty of people in there who are happy and willing to chat to anyone who comes in - just all down to timing I suppose and who's online. Indeed, even who is actually paying attention to their screen. Often there can appear to be people logged in, but they're not actually there lol.

23-07-2009 21:05
BriWizzle Offline
Posting Machine

Oh great, no one mentions me eh.
23-07-2009 21:19
Bunna Away
On Leave

Being a slow typist I don't use the chat room, I would be too far behind everyone else,however,if someone enters chat & types hello, it is common courtesy for those in chat to reply with a hello.

From then on it is up to you who you want to chat to & up to them if they want to reply.
Cliques or friendships or isolated groups always exist in chatrooms or forums and that is just the way it is in the non-cyber world also, no single person makes friends with everyone they meet and the football fans never sit around the table with the stamp collectors.

Thank you and goodnight!
(This post was last modified: 24-07-2009 03:06 by Bunna.)
23-07-2009 21:34
vostok 1 Offline
Twitter Troll

Seems to have a picture painted of it being like an old west bar, when the stranger walks in it all goes quiet.

The regulars have been welcoming when I ventured in there a couple of times.
23-07-2009 21:46
PaigeisaGodess Offline
Apprentice Poster

sum helpful but mention lori or paige dont seem too go down well
29-07-2009 22:32
thinwhiteduke Offline
Posting Machine

(23-07-2009 21:46 )vostok 1 Wrote:  Seems to have a picture painted of it being like an old west bar, when the stranger walks in it all goes quiet.

The regulars have been welcoming when I ventured in there a couple of times.

After whats gone on tonight he's probably right.

Station To Station - David Bowie
The European Cannon Is Here.
29-07-2009 22:41

Click here to watch Studio 66