The UK Babe Channels Forum
For the old farts: VHS movie covers. - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: Hobby Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+---- Thread: For the old farts: VHS movie covers. (/showthread.php?tid=6317)

Pages: 1 2

For the old farts: VHS movie covers. - vostok 1 - 19-04-2009 19:37

Long before the days of torrents and play.com....

This site shows 3600 VHS Movie covers from the 80's, it is like taking a trip down memory lane and into the old Video shop:

http://frankjames.net/VHS/

(They sure used to release some crap on VHS rental!)

RE: For the old farts: VHS movie covers. - Colbert Rules - 19-04-2009 20:01

Cool!, takes me back to the old 'Barkers' video shop. I used to only rent movies because the cover looked great...I was 5 at the time!

RE: For the old farts: VHS movie covers. - Timbo - 19-04-2009 20:03

They look like old B movies from the 80's that no one has ever herd of Big Grin

RE: For the old farts: VHS movie covers. - Colbert Rules - 19-04-2009 20:06

Did anyone used to rent movies from mobile video guy that came to your house & where he had all the latest vids in his car boot?

RE: For the old farts: VHS movie covers. - Timbo - 19-04-2009 20:12

Yeah i used ta do that only he came round in a big blue van on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday only film i can remember getting from him was the third Ninja Turtles movie Big Grin

RE: For the old farts: VHS movie covers. - Mister Gummidge - 19-04-2009 20:19

Colbert Rules Wrote:Did anyone used to rent movies from mobile video guy that came to your house & where he had all the latest vids in his car boot?

We had one of those in the village where I grew up! We were the last street on his round, so by the time he got round to our place all he had left was the dreck that no-one else wanted. This was how I learned to appreciate the dubious charms of films such as "Warlords of Atlantis", "Deathstalker", "War Bus", "Sakura Killers" and of course, that staple of last film available that looks vaguely watchable... The Exterminator.

RE: For the old farts: VHS movie covers. - Dreamlander - 19-04-2009 20:33

The most annoying thing I remember about the 'Video Shop' when I was a kid was seeing that the VHS version of 'Dangermouse series 1' was out on hire on my birthday! The other wall had the Betamax version but who the hell had one of those...bastards! It's a good job my Dad saved the day by bringing home pirate copies of Return Of The Jedi and Superman 3! So it was a happy birthday in the end!! Big Grin Big Grin

Dreamlander

RE: For the old farts: VHS movie covers. - vostok 1 - 19-04-2009 22:12

mr gummidge Wrote:
Colbert Rules Wrote:Did anyone used to rent movies from mobile video guy that came to your house & where he had all the latest vids in his car boot?

We had one of those in the village where I grew up! We were the last street on his round, so by the time he got round to our place all he had left was the dreck that no-one else wanted. This was how I learned to appreciate the dubious charms of films such as "Warlords of Atlantis", "Deathstalker", "War Bus", "Sakura Killers" and of course, that staple of last film available that looks vaguely watchable... The Exterminator.

I saw The Exerminator about 3 years ago, as far as 1980's action B movies go it was pretty good.

Decided to look up one of the videos from the list: RoboVampire, a 1988 Japanese remake of RoboCop!

RE: For the old farts: VHS movie covers. - Mister Gummidge - 19-04-2009 22:21

vostok 1 Wrote:
mr gummidge Wrote:

I saw The Exerminator about 3 years ago, as far as 1980's action B movies go it was pretty good.

Decided to look up one of the videos from the list: RoboVampire, a 1988 Japanese remake of RoboCop!

I must see that film! Damn you vostok! I suspect that this one will be difficult to track down via torrent or on DVD (can't say why:rolleyesSmile...

RE: For the old farts: VHS movie covers. - Da Mastah - 19-04-2009 22:27

Timbo Wrote:Yeah i used ta do that only he came round in a big blue van on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday only film i can remember getting from him was the third Ninja Turtles movie Big Grin

Used to love those movies when I was a kid.