The UK Babe Channels Forum
Setanta appears doomed as subscription services withdrawn - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: TV & Film Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=79)
+---- Thread: Setanta appears doomed as subscription services withdrawn (/showthread.php?tid=8149)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Setanta appears doomed as subscription services withdrawn - Wazo - 23-06-2009 17:00

Setanta Sports News will cease broadcasting at 6pm today.

RE: Setanta appears doomed as subscription services withdrawn - hagman1989 - 23-06-2009 18:16

hust tried all steanta channels on me tv there gone ( supose ill have to subscribe 2 espn atleast we no they wont go out of buisness as therre partly owned by disney)

RE: Setanta appears doomed as subscription services withdrawn - aaron - 23-06-2009 18:21

hagman1989 Wrote:( supose ill have to subscribe 2 espn atleast we no they wont go out of buisness as therre partly owned by disney)

Setanta haven't gone out of business either, they've just shut their UK division down. If ESPN did badly in the UK they could shut their UK broadcasting down too and carry on elsewhere as Setanta are doing.

RE: Setanta appears doomed as subscription services withdrawn - 654321 - 23-06-2009 20:19

ESPN are gna broadcast EPL games through sky, where you'll have to pay extra for the games, whether its gna b PPV or through an extra subscription channel who knows.

But its bad news that they've lost 200 jobs.

Now where's roger gonna get his transfer gossip 4m?? Tongue lol

RE: Setanta appears doomed as subscription services withdrawn - 654321 - 23-06-2009 20:48

here's setanta sports news final few minutes and farewell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edknoN2m0hA

RE: Setanta appears doomed as subscription services withdrawn - *Kal-El* - 24-06-2009 02:37

its a real shame so many people had to lose there jobs.

RE: Setanta appears doomed as subscription services withdrawn - rusty legrand - 24-06-2009 07:29

setanta sport news was much better than sky, it covered all sport.

sky news only covers sport it has the rights too, that's why sky sport news virtually ignores formula 1 and speds never ending hours on rugby league and darts. Still if you're a darts fan I expect sky sport news is up your street.

RE: Setanta appears doomed as subscription services withdrawn - 654321 - 24-06-2009 09:42

Nothing wrong wit darts, u ever been to a darts game? atmosphere is amazing! Sky can b ignorant like that, but i wudnt go as far as sayin setanta news was better cos there was more interaction wit viewers on sky sports in terms of goin out ther wit the fans, fan polls, letters n text were of more quality, u get any moron text in wit stupid views wenever i saw setanta. And there steve claridge call in show was jus pants! the guys a tv slut, he's been evrywhere! apart 4m ITV lol

I will however miss Special1 tv which was sooooo funny

RE: Setanta appears doomed as subscription services withdrawn - rickhardo - 24-06-2009 12:49

I have to say if there's one thing about Sky's sport coverage (apart from Jamie Redknapp) that irritates me it's their complete refusal to believe that any important sport can happen on another channel.

RE: Setanta appears doomed as subscription services withdrawn - hagman1989 - 24-06-2009 19:37

aaron Wrote:
hagman1989 Wrote:( supose ill have to subscribe 2 espn atleast we no they wont go out of buisness as therre partly owned by disney)

Setanta haven't gone out of business either, they've just shut their UK division down. If ESPN did badly in the UK they could shut their UK broadcasting down too and carry on elsewhere as Setanta are doing.

point taken , howevr i was sugesting that espn would have a sound finacial base to alow it to stick it out untill they built a big enough subscription base to become sustainable and eventuly profitable