The UK Babe Channels Forum
General News Thread - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Thread: General News Thread (/showthread.php?tid=78260)

RE: General News Thread - SecretAgent - 22-06-2022 09:23

^ I agree Charles - I do like how he is calling out in interviews Tory MP’s who misrepresent the facts as liars. The railways working practices do need to be brought into the modern age though and a negotiated settlement will have to be reached in the end.

RE: General News Thread - Charlemagne - 23-06-2022 07:41

Tory Minister Robert Jenrick took a mauling on Peston last night when he challenged RMT's Mick Lynch.
It's worth watching the video.

RE: General News Thread - HannahsPet - 02-07-2022 07:16

Steve Wright leaving Radio 2 afternoon show after nearly 25 years to be replaced by scot mills and then even worse an extra hour of Sara Cox

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-62010156?xtor=AL-72-%5Bpartner%5D-%5Bbbc.news.twitter%5D-%5Bheadline%5D-%5Bnews%5D-%5Bbizdev%5D-%5Bisapi%5D&at_custom3=%40BBCNews&at_custom2=twitter&at_medium=custom7&at_campaign=64&at_custom4=76BE9718-F956-11EC-8AC0-C8874744363C&at_custom1=%5Bpost+type%5D

they will be trying to get rid of Ken Bruce next

RE: General News Thread - lovebabes56 - 08-07-2022 07:03

Former Japanese PM has been shot in the back
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jul/08/shinzo-abe-former-japan-prime-minister-shot-during-speech-reports

He has now died a former Japanese naval officer has been arrested at scene

RIP I don't know much abouth him but he was Japan's longest serving prime minister and met the Queen in 2016

RE: General News Thread - lovebabes56 - 14-07-2022 19:19

Italian PM Mario Draghi is to resign after a coalition party mutiny

RE: General News Thread - southsidestu - 27-07-2022 21:00

RE: General News Thread - Chrisst - 27-07-2022 22:55

I think that this is the second week of train strikes and they've announced another in August.
I think they're wasting their time.
Say it's six days all told and another three or four because of the trains being in the wrong place.
At the end of the year the bosses will have their appraisals and they'll still get their bonuses because it's classed the same as snow or leaves, the pandemic or rails buckling in hot weather. Unavoidable losses they'll say.
The employers will have their business model on which their finances are based and nothings going to change that.
Maybe railwaymen think that the bosses will give in because there's no service. I think the bosses see the railway as a means to make money, service has nothing to do with it and there's acceptable losses.
I think they'll have to stop striking because otherwise they'll look like losers.

RE: General News Thread - Charlemagne - 29-07-2022 12:24

(11-05-2022 14:29 )Charlemagne Wrote:  The 'Wagatha Christine' court case between Coleen Rooney and Rebekah Vardy has got to be the most stupid libel case to have ever appeared before the bench.

The judges verdit has now been released

And the winner of the high court case was Coleen Rooney.
Rebekah Vardy lost her libel case.

RE: General News Thread - tony confederate - 29-07-2022 13:19

It would be hard for anyone to disagree with the verdict. Vardy's arguments always looked very feeble and you have to wonder why she brought the case. It was rather humiliating that she was forced to admit in court that she certainly had leaked various stories to the press, even if she continued to argue that she hadn't leaked the ones in question.

RE: General News Thread - Tumble_Drier - 29-07-2022 16:07

^2 vacuous bints. Who gives a fuck?