The UK Babe Channels Forum
UFC - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: Sports Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+----- Forum: MMA (/forumdisplay.php?fid=299)
+----- Thread: UFC (/showthread.php?tid=18541)

RE: UFC - groundnpound - 12-06-2011 16:22

All in all, a quality review post Mitchell Wink

Except from this nonsense. bladewave

(12-06-2011 16:00 )mitchell Wrote:  For all those especially the architect of this thread who for some blinding reason thought Shane Carwin was gonna KO Junior dos Santos in 1 round, seriously did you not learn anything from the Brock Lesnar fight, Shane Carwin isn't an athlete or a mixed martial arts fighter, he's just a one time wrestler who has a big punch & everytime he comes up against a fighter with a professional attitude to training & the sport then he's always gonna be second best if best is the right word.
Look at Demian Maia & Junior dos Santos 2 fighter who even with an established career are still looking at ways to improve themselves & evolve as a fighter whereas Carwin is only concerned in looking for the big shot.

To say Shane Carwin isn't an athlete is one of the most rediculous things i've heard old boy.I'd say he's a deadly serious top class athlete.You have to be to compete at the level he is.He's one of the worlds best Heavyweight fighters Rolleyes Beaten to a bloody mess on the night by a guy who's even better but still a top UFC fighter.There are 3 guys in the world i think can beat Shane Carwin.Lesnar and JDS already have and Cain Velasquez.

Not bad i'd say.

Carwin had stopped all but one of his opponents before this fight in the 1st Round and came within a few seconds of doing the same to Brock Lesnar i think i had good reason to predict he might have done the same to JDS.

Would anyone have been surprised if he did win inside a round?

RE: UFC - TDK2008 - 12-06-2011 17:30

I agree with you groundnpound and mitchell re Sam Stout's KO on Yves Edwards. Brutal one punch KO but also for how the back of Edwards's head bounced off the canvas when he fell back.

(12-06-2011 16:22 )groundnpound Wrote:  All in all, a quality review post Mitchell Wink

Except from this nonesense. bladewave

Helps if you spell nonsense right mate Wink.

RE: UFC - groundnpound - 12-06-2011 18:34

Well spotted Wink

RE: UFC - mitchell - 12-06-2011 21:09

No disrespect to Shane Carwin but having beat.
Christian Wellisch: Never heard of him.
Neil Wain: One of my mate knows someone that knows him, shocking fighter, like Carwin can punch & not much else.
Gabriel Gonzaga: A lot of hype but where's he now.
Frank Mir: The MMA Kieron Dyer, all that tallent but no product in the big pond.

He then faced two fighters at the top of the sport first the champion & then a title eliminator & look what happened!!!

Brock Lesnar: A serious athlete who took all Carwin had & then dominated him with zero response other than a ref stoppage.
Junior dos Santos: Just like Carwin 12-1 with KO's alround & against better opponents aswell as Gonzaga, but also a man able to last more than 1 round at a half decent pace & if he pushed that pace against Carwin he'd have won by stoppage, he'd also have won by TKO in round 1 if the ref had stopped the fight when Carwin was getting smashed & not replying!!!

I know you like... Sorry love Shane Carwin but look at how he fights, against Lesnar he just went for it & when it didn't happen he was out on his feet with no plan B & no more fitness. Against dos Santos he was on the receiving end of the same thing but dos Santos wasn't tired after the flurry of punches & still went on to control the fight & in the last 30 seconds showed some different skill & a plan B, Carwin tried a takedown but when it didn't happen he only had his right hand to bail him out & that was just a big shot not even any boxing skills.

If he started training to be an alround MMA fighter then no doubt he could be good but at the age of 36 thats probably not gonna happen, I know you like him but he's just the same as all the boring wrestlers who only have wrestling to count as a fighting skill except his skill is punch power & that gains instant fans & instant success but no longevity in an MMA career. Sleep on it kid, then come back tomorrow & you'll realise I'm rightWink

Anyways even though I don't see the point in MMA rankings considering all the fighters are from different organizations I still forund this interesting. What a fall by Dan Hardy, this is a good example of what could happen to Shane Carwin when people start taking him to the ground. Carwin being at number 5 is a bit silly considering it's a worldwide ranking. Matt Mitrione at 23Surprised he's had about 4 fights.
Light Heavyweights top 15 looks crazy & Rich Franklin isn't even in it & 12 of them are UFC.
Michael Bisping can forget Anderson Silva, he's down in 14th that said some are saying he may be a fight away & thats why I think the rankings are full of shit.
Jon Fitch number 2BounceBounceBounce Dan Henderson & BJ Penn are cheating bastards being ranked in 2 weight classes.
http://zewkey.com/rankingstest.htm

RE: UFC - groundnpound - 12-06-2011 23:55

What's with all the Carwin bashing Mitchell Wink

I like the way he fights and the lad's character.He's a decent,down to earth lad with a quality sense of humour.One of the most popular fighters in the UFC.Last night he showed the heart of a lion.Which makes me like him even more than i did before.It doesn't bother me that he's not a well rounded fighter with a crazy skill set.

I know when he walks into the cage there's a good chance he's gonna knock someone out and a far cry from being a boring wrestler.He's one of the most exciting fighters in the UFC for me.

Groundnpound likes Carwin and Mitchell doesn't...Who gives a f**k lol lets move on.

Interesting read those MMA Rankings mate.I'm constantly making up fights in my head as i look through them.I really wanna see Brian Stann fight Anderson Silva.#1 vs #9 that'd be according to the ranks.

How on earth is "Rather Watch Paint Dry" the #2 Welterweight in the world shocked Can't believe that. John Hathaway at #11 eek Another shocker!

Urijah Faber down at #5 Ranked Bantamweight when he's the number 1 Challenger for Cruz's belt bladewave There's a few wide ones to say the least.

Really interesting though.

RE: UFC - TDK2008 - 13-06-2011 07:12

(12-06-2011 18:34 )groundnpound Wrote:  Well spotted Wink

Thanks. I rarely point spelling mistakes out as we’ve all done them but it was a good one just for the word you used Wink.

RE: UFC - mitchell - 13-06-2011 21:01

(13-06-2011 07:12 )TDK2008 Wrote:  
(12-06-2011 18:34 )groundnpound Wrote:  Well spotted Wink
Thanks. I rarely point spelling mistakes out as we’ve all done them but it was a good one just for the word you used Wink.

whilst on the subject, I've just come across this & found it interestingShy

(12-06-2011 21:09 )mitchell Wrote:  I still forund this interesting.

There's many many fights you could put together with that rankings list, Cain Velasquez v Alistair Overeem, Vitor Belfort v Briann Stan,
Nick Diaz V BJ Penn, Dan Hardy V Paul Daley to name but a few... Man I feel like Joe Silva.

RE: UFC - groundnpound - 13-06-2011 21:25

I read Overeem wants a fight with the UFC Heavyweight Champ if he wins the Strikeforce Grand Prix.

The first non title main event to be scheduled for 5 rounds is Hardy vs Lytle #20 and #21 in the world bladewave

It's fights like this that make that rule a bit daft for me.Think they should make it a Top 10 rule.So if your a Top 10 ranked fighter in your weightclass and you're in a main event then it's a 5 rounder.Anyone ranked higher fighting the championship rounds seems a bit pointless.

RE: UFC - mitchell - 14-06-2011 20:43

There's a bit of controversy over the judges decision in the Darren Elkins v Michihiro Omigawa at UFC 131Surprised The fight was shown on Facebook & Youtube but it looks like it's been removed.
http://mmaweekly.com/vancouver-commission-comments-on-ufc-131-elkins-vs-omigawa-decision

RE: UFC - TDK2008 - 15-06-2011 15:48

Didn't see the fight but I read that Dana White paid Michihiro Omigawa his win bonus. In the past Dana White has done that with fucked up calls.