The UK Babe Channels Forum
UFC - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: Sports Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+----- Forum: MMA (/forumdisplay.php?fid=299)
+----- Thread: UFC (/showthread.php?tid=18541)

RE: UFC - groundnpound - 16-06-2011 22:35

The judges in the UFC are terrible.So many bad decisions over the past few years.It's a joke.They really need to sort it out.

EFFECTIVE STRIKING, GRAPPLING, AGGRESSION, AND OCTAGON CONTROL is the judging criteria.They should take the Octagon Control out or change what that actually means,There's way too many fighters just smothering their opponents and winning boring fights these days.

Jon Jones vs Rampage confirmed for UFC 135 in September.

Travis Browne vs Rob Broughton also set for that card.

RE: UFC - TDK2008 - 17-06-2011 16:04

Sounds like Cain Velasquez/Junior dos Santos will go down 19th of November if the reports are accurate.

RE: UFC - mitchell - 17-06-2011 17:47

That's been the word for sometime since before the dos Santos v Carwin fight more so if dos Santos won as he was guaranteed a title shot with Cain Velasquez who fights out of the American Kickboxing Academy based in San Jose, UFC 138 19th of November HP Pavilion in San Jose, California, it's been scheduled but not yet announced.

It'll be the first time a UFC event has been in San Jose, I think thats where Strikeforce is based so since the buyout it's no surprise that they're taking the UFC there.

RE: UFC - mitchell - 18-06-2011 01:41

I wouldn't mind seeing this he was an interesting character.
Once I Was a Champion, a documentary about the life of former UFC Middleweight champion Evan Tanner who died in 2008.
http://www.onceiwasachampion.com/home.aspx

RE: UFC - TDK2008 - 18-06-2011 15:17

Evan Tanner was one of my favourites when I first got into the UFC.

On the subject of Strikeforce, here's my main card predictions:

Heavyweight Grand Prix Quarterfinals: Alistair Overeem vs. Fabrício Werdum – Werdum, SUB, R1
Heavyweight Grand Prix Quarterfinals: Josh Barnett vs. Brett Rogers – Barnett, SUB, R1
Heavyweight Grand Prix Reserve Bout: Daniel Cormier vs. Jeff Monson – Cormier, DEC
Heavyweight Grand Prix Reserve Bout: Valentijn Overeem vs. Chad Griggs – Griggs, TKO, R1
K.J. Noons vs. Jorge Masvidal – Noons, DEC

RE: UFC - mitchell - 23-06-2011 11:43

UFC Live Marquardt vs Story ESPN 2am Sunday/Monday
The tv schedule says to be confirmed for 2am-5am so I'm guessing it'll be filled with this event.

Nate Marquardt vs Rick Story
Cheick Kongo v Pat Barry
Matt Brown v John Howard
Matt Mitrione v Christian Morecraft

Preliminary card (Facebook)
Tyson Griffin v Manvel Gamburyan
Joe Stevenson v Javier Vazquez
Joe Lauzon v Curt Warburton
Daniel Roberts v Rich Attonito
Nik Lentz v Charles Oliveira
Ricardo Lamas v Matt Grice
Michael Johnson v Edward Faaloloto

RE: UFC - groundnpound - 24-06-2011 11:12

The Evan Tanner film looks really good mate.Have to try and see that at some point.

RE: UFC - groundnpound - 25-06-2011 23:51

Nate Marquardt won't fight Rick Story in the main event of tomorow nights show lads.He's failed his medicals and been kicked out of the UFC. Rolleyes

Story will fight Charlie Brenneman.

Cheick Kongo vs. Pat Barry is the new main event.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/24141/dana-white-says-nate-marquardts-ufc-days-are-done-following-ufc-on-versus-4-scratch.mma

RE: UFC - mitchell - 26-06-2011 01:01

Well I didn't see this coming, if he failed his physical medical (Allegedly) then it's a bit harsh to just drop him from the organization altogether. That said he's just another Martin Kampmann, a fighter who the UFC will put infront of any would be contenders to see if they can prove themselves, Marquardt had his shot a few years ago & has never looked like getting back there so it won't be a big miss.

RE: UFC - HEX!T - 26-06-2011 01:30

sounds like dana didnt like the results of the medical exam. dumping him within an hour probably means he failed a doping test.