The UK Babe Channels Forum
US Open - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: Sports Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+----- Forum: Tennis (/forumdisplay.php?fid=296)
+----- Thread: US Open (/showthread.php?tid=82006)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: US Open - Tractor boy - 12-09-2021 01:18

The Arthur Ashe stadium is bloody impressive.
Makes the all England club look like someone's back garden.laugh

RE: US Open - Snooks - 12-09-2021 07:55

Yet more British success.

Gordon Reid and Alfie Hewett have won the wheelchair doubles title.
This means they have completed the calendar slam of all four majors.

Djokovic will look to do the same in the mens singles against Medvedev later today.

RE: US Open - Doddle - 12-09-2021 07:57

(11-09-2021 23:22 )Tractor boy Wrote:  When Emma won the ladies singles in Felixstowe (just down the road from me)
Clearly your vicinity made all the difference laugh

Given her Canadian-Romanian background, she's the exact argument why Piers Morgan, Farage etc are so wrong.

Anyway well done to her for rewriting the British Tennis story, and bad luck to Fernandez who also did amazingly well all tournament.

And if I missed saying so, well done Joe Salisbury, double Doubles champ Surprised

RE: US Open - Regenerated - 12-09-2021 09:46

A fabulous achievement. Smile

RE: US Open - Cooper_temple - 12-09-2021 11:00

What an amazing final!
Average viewing rating for the final was 5.4 million with a 9 million peak!

RE: US Open - KerrAvon - 12-09-2021 12:33

Not only a great achievement for Emma but it was a great quality match from both players. More close than the straight sets scoreline suggested. Emma impressively showed how tough as nails she is, especially when Leylah turned up the pressure.

Reminded me of some of the great Sampras Agassi US Open clashes, think Raducanu/Fernandez will be doing the same down the years.

RE: US Open - Tumble_Drier - 12-09-2021 14:31

It's getting really tiresome with people using her family origins to further their own half arsed political beliefs. Yes she's mixed Romanian/Chinese but her parents both work in finance and she enjoyed Karting, Motocross & Ballet as a child & attended a selective Grammar School. It's not as if they came across the Channel in a Rubber Dinghy.

I'm just looking forward to many years of watching her win.

RE: US Open - Doddle - 12-09-2021 15:39

You're right, let's just consider her alongside other great female British tennis players... Baltacha, Keothavong, Konta, etc Wink

RE: US Open - Rammyrascal - 12-09-2021 19:22

(12-09-2021 14:31 )Tumble_Drier Wrote:  It's getting really tiresome with people using her family origins to further their own half arsed political beliefs. Yes she's mixed Romanian/Chinese but her parents both work in finance and she enjoyed Karting, Motocross & Ballet as a child & attended a selective Grammar School. It's not as if they came across the Channel in a Rubber Dinghy.

I'm just looking forward to many years of watching her win.

Fully agree, Adil Ray did this using Emma's hertiage to celebrate immigration and people made this point about using Emma's heritage for his agenda

RE: US Open - HannahsPet - 12-09-2021 19:31

yeah Khan was at it to talking about londons diversty pity shes from kent Tongue Tongue

yeah seems both side want to use her in the culture war which is sickening just an 18 yr old thats wants to play tennis

watch the lefties turn on her when she moves to monaco for tax purposes Tongue Tongue