The UK Babe Channels Forum
General News Thread - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Thread: General News Thread (/showthread.php?tid=78260)

RE: General News Thread - Snooks - 16-10-2022 11:38

BBC News - Paddington Bears pictured with Camilla as tributes to late Queen sent to charity
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63273943

Lovely gesture. Giving lots of teddy bears welcoming new homes and lots of children much simple pleasure Smile.

RE: General News Thread - dundeered - 16-10-2022 15:01

(08-10-2022 23:34 )Tractor boy Wrote:  I know we have a rest in peace thread, but I can't find a burn in hell thread, so I will just post the news here.

Serial killer Peter Tobin has died aged 75. No one will have to share oxygen with this evil bastard ever again.

It would appear that none of his family could be bothered to pick up his ashes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-63275393

RE: General News Thread - Charlemagne - 27-10-2022 15:18

Which have declared that this years worse UK airport due to travel disruption goes to:
Terminal3 Manchester Airport.

They measured the customer satifaction figures. But to be honest all Manchester Airport terminals were bloody useless.

RE: General News Thread - southsidestu - 05-11-2022 04:10

Why the number of Albanian men coming across the channel has increased sharply:

RE: General News Thread - southsidestu - 14-11-2022 16:10

RE: General News Thread - skully - 14-11-2022 17:08

Who would have thought that the cesspool of the internet could become even more of a shit show.

RE: General News Thread - TickleTheOrc - 15-11-2022 02:47

(14-11-2022 17:08 )skully Wrote:  Who would have thought that the cesspool of the internet could become even more of a shit show.

Well. Elon is making his "business" decisions for twitter based on suggestions made by right-winged trolls like LibsOfTiktok.

Why'd he decide to fire 50% of his staff so quickly?

The trolls suggested this because on Nov 1, was when Twitter employee's would be paid company shares in the company based on their years of service. Removing them before that deadline would deny them those earned shares.

Was this smart?
No, those long term employee's had specialized skills or experience in their fields that would be extremely hard to replace, if not impossible on the short term. This may functionally cripple Twitter in the future should their required skills be needed to fix or maintain Twitter infrastructure.

How'd he go about firing people?
He had the lines of coding accounted for all the coders. That made inexperienced coders with bloated code remain, while experts in their fields that coded more cleanly were let go on short notice. A real Genius here.

This is also why Twitter has been trying to "rehire" the same people they fired. Those fired people are actually necessary to implement the changes Elon wants to Twitter's functionality. If they do go back, I hope they've asked for at least triple what they were paid before. Because clearly they weren't paid enough before.

RE: General News Thread - southsidestu - 15-11-2022 04:39

RE: General News Thread - lovebabes56 - 15-11-2022 10:07

(15-11-2022 02:47 )TickleTheOrc Wrote:  {snip}

I have feeling those that were fired will probably make their feelings known if they are rehired. Elon's decisions probably will back fire quite spectacularly if he's not careful, but in any case there's likely a hell of a lot of humble pie he's going to have to eat.

RE: General News Thread - lovebabes56 - 15-11-2022 10:09

(27-10-2022 15:18 )Charlemagne Wrote:  Which have declared that this years worse UK airport due to travel disruption goes to:
Terminal3 Manchester Airport.

They measured the customer satifaction figures. But to be honest all Manchester Airport terminals were bloody useless.

I'm sure you've made your feelings known about services when you get there. I reckon some people must find Manchester Airport depressing.