The UK Babe Channels Forum
The "Official Football thread" Part Two... - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: Sports Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+----- Forum: Football (/forumdisplay.php?fid=155)
+----- Thread: The "Official Football thread" Part Two... (/showthread.php?tid=5695)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: The "Official Football thread" part two... - Phoenix - 25-08-2009 17:09

(25-08-2009 16:55 )astonv1 Wrote:  
(25-08-2009 15:07 )Phoenix Wrote:  Firstly, gotta say a big thanks to Villa Big Grin
Secondly, i was really, really, really surprised at this result for many reasons
1. Liverpool have already lost this season and you rarely see any of the big four losing 2 matches in a week as big teams tend to learn from their mistakes etc.
2. It was at Anfield, and even though they were pretty poor there last season, theyve been undefeated at Anfield in the league since December 2007 i think
3. Gerrard and Torres both started, Liverpool were undeafeted last season when both were fit (even though they both played against Spurs last week)
4. I am not expecting anything from Villa this season tbh, theyve lost IMO their two most important players in Barry and unfortunately Laursen and i think they would be lucky to finish in the top 6
5. There are a coupla more reasons but i cba Smile

The weirdest thing was Gerrard was the worst player on the pitch LOL laugh

Didnt see the match unfortunately, just the highlights, including his terrific tackle at the end Big Grin

RE: The "Official Football thread" part two... - Chucknorris - 25-08-2009 17:33

What a great start to the Premiership season, already with some major upsets.
Got to love the beautiful game Heart

RE: The "Official Football thread" part two... - setter1000 - 25-08-2009 17:48

I think it is great to have so many upsets early on, But traditionally speaking it is usually in the early to mid season point these upsets occur whn teams are still to reach their peak. Usually at the end of the season(the business end) last 10-12 games that the class of the big four usually comes through. last season liverpool and man utd run in was an example. Liverpool played west ham around february I believe it was a 0-0 draw at anfield west ham could easily have stolen it. At upton park in may they outclassed westham 3-0 it was men against boys,

On another point when will none west ham fans realise the limitations of Carlton Cole as a footballer? two goals showed everything you need to know about Carlton Cole he has all the talent in the world but has no footballing brain what so ever. His back pass was the most stupid rash thoughtless act I have seen a footballer commit. If you have not got an innate footballing brain I believe you will always be a every dog has its day footballer. Dont get me wrong there are footballers who are raw and learn to play with a bit more composure later in life Ronaldo is an example but the brain was always there. Carlton Cole as a footballer( not necessarily as a man)does not have the intrinsic intelligence do really do himself justice and never will in my opinion.

RE: The "Official Football thread" part two... - m100 - 17-09-2009 13:15

whichever team you support from the top of the premier league to the bottom of the blue square and beyond today is a great day - Graeme souness has said he will never return to management - we can all rest easier from now on.

RE: The "Official Football thread" part two... - setter1000 - 29-09-2009 10:29

how shit are west ham at the moment. I really do fear that relegation could be an issue. everytime the opposition has the ball they look like they are going to score.

RE: The "Official Football thread" part two... - m100 - 17-10-2009 22:08

Question for any liverpool fans - will benitez still be your manager on Wednesday morning.

RE: The "Official Football thread" part two... - funkymackem - 18-10-2009 15:18

the infamous red balloon!! im still laughing about it a day later lol

funky

RE: The "Official Football thread" part two... - rickhardo - 18-10-2009 15:27

(18-10-2009 15:18 )funkymackem Wrote:  the infamous red balloon!! im still laughing about it a day later lol

funky

I'm glad I'm not the idiot who chucked it on.

RE: The "Official Football thread" part two... - m100 - 18-10-2009 21:13

Do you think either sky or the bbc will have the sense of humour to include it in goal of the month? There should be some sort of campaign to make sure it gets goal of the season.
Everywhere liverpool go now they should be greeted with a sea of beach balls.
Either way Benitez will be able to take it on holiday in a few days time.

RE: The "Official Football thread" part two... - 654321 - 19-10-2009 14:40

i heard man city were gna bid £40 million for the beach ball that scored the winner against liverpool lol

I went on the liverpool website to try buy 1 of those beach balls, but looks like they've not seen the funny side and as soon as u click on it it says "Product not available" lol

http://store.liverpoolfc.tv/search/beach/1