The UK Babe Channels Forum
General Election Vote - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Thread: General Election Vote (/showthread.php?tid=64622)

RE: General Election Vote - SecretAgent - 07-05-2015 08:48

(07-05-2015 08:27 )babelover48 Wrote:  and whoever wins would have to get their Queens Speech approved if they lost that that, that would effectively be a vote of no confidence right?

No a vote against the Queen's Speech i not a vote of no confidence UNLESS the Govt. say that it is. You could get the farcical situation where the SNP vote against or abstain in the Queen's Speech vote but then back Labour in a vote of no confidence to keep the Tories out. Labour would then have to try again with the SNP holding them to ransom.

RE: General Election Vote - lovebabes56 - 07-05-2015 08:50

I just hope we don't have to suffer the nightmare of a Labour/SNP coalition that's all

RE: General Election Vote - lovebabes56 - 07-05-2015 08:57

(07-05-2015 08:48 )SecretAgent Wrote:  
(07-05-2015 08:27 )babelover48 Wrote:  and whoever wins would have to get their Queens Speech approved if they lost that that, that would effectively be a vote of no confidence right?

No a vote against the Queen's Speech i not a vote of no confidence UNLESS the Govt. say that it is. You could get the farcical situation where the SNP vote against or abstain in the Queen's Speech vote but then back Labour in a vote of no confidence to keep the Tories out. Labour would then have to try again with the SNP holding them to ransom.

t would be a farce if that happened but it is a real possibility

RE: General Election Vote - HannahsPet - 07-05-2015 09:19

I can see it happening especially over trident and cuts but i reckon if it happned more than twice i reckon there would be calls for a grand coalition both labour and tories band together and force legislation that both partys could agree on

RE: General Election Vote - Will Drifter - 07-05-2015 11:27

Will we see one party winning an overall majority ever again?

RE: General Election Vote - elgar1uk - 07-05-2015 13:36

We might be on the brink of major electoral reform.

RE: General Election Vote - HannahsPet - 07-05-2015 14:26

Was talk of labour bribing lib dems with electoral reform if they join them in a coalition

i reckon that there will be a time when majority goverment will rule again it will be when both labour and torys go for the centre ground again and stop going left and right

Damm feel dirty having voted tory for first time didnt want to do it but had to take one for the country. Balls and millibrand are worse cunts than the tories IMHO Wink

RE: General Election Vote - terence - 07-05-2015 14:29

(07-05-2015 08:50 )babelover48 Wrote:  I just hope we don't have to suffer the nightmare of a Labour/SNP coalition that's all

rivers running red with the blood of the english, plagues of locust and don't forget the pestilence! stuff of nightmare's for sure.

but how is this worse that a fuckin tory government or tory lead coalition?Rolleyes

RE: General Election Vote - winsaw - 07-05-2015 14:49

(07-05-2015 14:29 )terence Wrote:  
(07-05-2015 08:50 )babelover48 Wrote:  I just hope we don't have to suffer the nightmare of a Labour/SNP coalition that's all

rivers running red with the blood of the english, plagues of locust and don't forget the pestilence! stuff of nightmare's for sure.

but how is this worse that a fuckin tory government or tory lead coalition?Rolleyes

i will take any one over Labour, we can never let those fuckers in to destroy our county again

RE: General Election Vote - Charlemagne - 07-05-2015 14:49

I went running off to the polling station this morning wearing my best Jack Sparrow outfit, only to find out that the Pirate Party didn't have a candidate standing in my area. Bugger Wink

I had to make my mind up and vote for one of the usual suspects instead. Should it be one of the public school toffs who look after their own, or the other mob with their wet leader. And they managed to nearly ruined the country last time around. Tough choice Rolleyes