The UK Babe Channels Forum
The State of the UK Union in 2022 - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Thread: The State of the UK Union in 2022 (/showthread.php?tid=85435)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: The State of the UK Union in 2022 - southsidestu - 18-03-2023 11:58

The row over membership details, transparency & election integrity as been a real clusterfuck for The SNP. Their media chief having resigned & now rampant speculation that the Chief Executive officer will follow.

The Nationalist movement has always had a conspiratorial streak to it, as all populism does: Brexit, Trumpism, Corbynism, Bernie Bros etc, during the Indy campaign whenever a publication posted an article that had even a whiff of a question over Independance the comment section was inundated with Cyber Nats crying "typical London centric pro union bias" without ever addressing the content of the points being made. Not to mention how they went tonto over The BBC & Nick Robinson questioning Salmond like the Corbynistas with Newsnight showing a picture of Corbyn wearing a hat.

I watch the events of the last couple of days and can't help but feel the chickens have come home to roost for the nationalist movement. Whilst having the husband of the leader of the party being the Chief Executive might be a good plotline in the US version of House of Cards perhaps its not the best way to go for a party in a liberal democracy.

RE: The State of the UK Union in 2022 - SecretAgent - 18-03-2023 13:17

Murrell has resigned according to the BBC

RE: The State of the UK Union in 2022 - southsidestu - 18-03-2023 13:34

He was apparently going to face a no confidence vote if he did not. This is about as damaging a leadership campaign as I can recall

Regan team discuss legal action to pause leadership contest: https://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/23395483.ash-regan-team-discuss-court-action-pause-snp-leadership-contest/

RE: The State of the UK Union in 2022 - The Silent Majority - 18-03-2023 14:05

(18-03-2023 13:17 )SecretAgent Wrote:  Murrell has resigned according to the BBC

He'll have plenty of time to speak to the police now Cool

RE: The State of the UK Union in 2022 - The Silent Majority - 19-03-2023 00:08

People coming forward now saying they got a ballot, and voted, even though they were no longer members Rolleyes

RE: The State of the UK Union in 2022 - Tumble_Drier - 19-03-2023 03:01

Fucking Prick.

RE: The State of the UK Union in 2022 - The Silent Majority - 19-03-2023 08:25

(18-03-2023 08:01 )The Silent Majority Wrote:  I have a mate who hates the SNP (or the Scottish Communist Party, as he calls them) with a vengeance. He's driving me nuts Rolleyes He's never off the phone, "did you see... what do you think... they're fucked... Bounce "

Ran into his wife yesterday.

"Is he ok? I thought he'd have been on the phone to gloat about Murrell"

"He's bloody delirious. He wasn't even this happy when we got married" bladewave

Bounce

RE: The State of the UK Union in 2022 - southsidestu - 24-03-2023 17:04

The Forbes campaign has stressed that this is not an official placard but this is a very bad look for the discourse of the body politic in Scotland.

[Image: l6SxB8FZ_o.jpg]

Ipsos Poll conducted between 17 - 21st March

[Image: MmW4Qyl1_o.jpg]

Forbes still has a strong net favourable lead over Yousaf with the public in general, though still negative.

I wonder if the more socially & fiscally conservative voters in the SNP broadchurch who have held their nose for 8 yrs of Sturgeon in the belief they would get Independance will, seeing no path to Indy & the establishment's hand picked continuity candidate take over, leave the party for Alba in the coming elections.

Based on previous elections it doesn't look like Alba will be taking many if any seats anytime soon but Alba don't need to win for the SNP to lose. Salmond is Alba's biggest strength in that he is a big beast of the nationalist movement who can attract certain voters to his party. He's also arguably their biggest weakness as he is a politically toxic figure in Scotland as a whole and doesn't have much if any reach beyond his most loyal support.

Makes me wonder how an Alba party led by Kate Forbes with Salmond in the background as a Peter Murrell type figure would fair at elections ? But, if she were, would Salmond's hubris allow it & would the likes of MacAskill let someone else waltz in and take it ?

RE: The State of the UK Union in 2022 - The Silent Majority - 25-03-2023 01:48

(24-03-2023 17:04 )southsidestu Wrote:  Makes me wonder how an Alba party led by Kate Forbes with Salmond in the background as a Peter Murrell type figure would fair at elections ? But, if she were, would Salmond's hubris allow it & would the likes of MacAskill let someone else waltz in and take it ?

Forbes is still young, and on the way up. If she loses she'll still get a cabinet job in the name of bringing the party together. And she's very capable anyway.

Alba would be political oblivion for her. I could see Regan defecting though, and never being heard of again... Rolleyes

RE: The State of the UK Union in 2022 - southsidestu - 25-03-2023 10:43

I doubt she'd leave the SNP but i am not sure if Yousaf would give her a post considering how vehemently his base despise her i am not sure he has the balls to stand up to them

He definitely would not make her finance secretary any other position would be a demotion, leadership or bust for Kate