The UK Babe Channels Forum
JOHN TERRY A DISGRACE TO ENGLAND! - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: Sports Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+----- Forum: Football (/forumdisplay.php?fid=155)
+----- Thread: JOHN TERRY A DISGRACE TO ENGLAND! (/showthread.php?tid=16758)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: JOHN TERRY A DISGRACE TO ENGLAND! - Phoenix - 10-02-2010 17:06

Terry is one of those players that just isnt liked
Whether its for his off-field problems, cos he plays for Chelsea, cos he's got no pace, i dont know tbh but so many of my mates just dont like the guy (including a couple of Chelsea fans)

I do try not to be biased but the guy is truly a great defender, his pace lets him down a bit but he reads the game so well and has decent positional sense which means you rarely see him being beaten for pace

Im actually a fan of Ferdinand, King and even Carragher, but i do definetely rate Terry higher than those 3

RE: JOHN TERRY A DISGRACE TO ENGLAND! - seth - 10-02-2010 18:58

I think Ferdinand is a better footballer in terms of his distribution of the ball and better athlete then Terry, but Terry is the better defender. If that makes sense.

I think that's why those two make the best defensive partnership.

Carragher and Ledley King are like two poorer versions of those two.

RE: JOHN TERRY A DISGRACE TO ENGLAND! - Phoenix - 10-02-2010 21:59

(10-02-2010 18:58 )seth Wrote:  I think Ferdinand is a better footballer in terms of his distribution of the ball and better athlete then Terry, but Terry is the better defender. If that makes sense.

I think that's why those two make the best defensive partnership.

Carragher and Ledley King are like two poorer versions of those two.

I would agree with that, altough i do feel Terry's passing game is very underrated

RE: JOHN TERRY A DISGRACE TO ENGLAND! - colino - 10-02-2010 23:29

(10-02-2010 17:06 )Phoenix Wrote:  Terry is one of those players that just isnt liked
Whether its for his off-field problems, cos he plays for Chelsea, cos he's got no pace, i dont know tbh but so many of my mates just dont like the guy (including a couple of Chelsea fans)

The trouble is too many people have a problem seperating John Terry the man from John Terry the footballer....(As misterG perfectly illustrated)

John Terry the man clearly has issues.....To be fair, this is the latest in quite a long list of personal problems, mostly self-inflicted. Doubt very much you'd have him as a mate, given the choice.

However, John Terry the footballer has no peers in his position if taken on a week in, week out basis, arguably the best centre back in world football. To try and compare Carragher with him in any way is just ludicrous. It's to his credit that Terry appears to have no problem whatsoever giving his consumate best on the pitch, regardless of what's going on in his private life.

But then it's to his detriment that off the pitch he has a habit of occasionally behaving like an arse, which makes people (justifiably) dislike him.

But you have to differentiate one from the other.

RE: JOHN TERRY A DISGRACE TO ENGLAND! - mas0887 - 11-02-2010 06:59

Yeah I cannot deny that Terry is the best centre-back in the country but that wasn't why I wanted him stripped of the captaincy, I still want him playing though. And now that Rio is the Captain I do not think that stripping him of the role was such a good choice....

RE: JOHN TERRY A DISGRACE TO ENGLAND! - Trickster - 11-02-2010 22:03

I think Rio choice as captain is stupid yes on his day hes a truely great defender but at this present time hes shit cause he aint playing short of match fitness. My 2 cntre backs at the moment would be Terry and Dawson

RE: JOHN TERRY A DISGRACE TO ENGLAND! - mas0887 - 12-02-2010 06:56

Yeah I do not understand the reasoning behind giving the captaincy to somebody that is nowhere near fully fit.

RE: JOHN TERRY A DISGRACE TO ENGLAND! - tony confederate - 12-02-2010 13:05

In Italy there have been sex scandals concerning the Prime Minister and it no more coverage than the stories here about a footballer. Many people reasoned that it was a private matter and didn't make any difference to his political policies or capabilities.

RE: JOHN TERRY A DISGRACE TO ENGLAND! - mas0887 - 13-02-2010 06:17

And the fact that in Italy it doesn't matter as much, they are a lot more liberal there.

RE: JOHN TERRY A DISGRACE TO ENGLAND! - Deadman 30 - 16-02-2010 21:28

Sure John Terry has made mistakes, but show me someone who hasn't? None of us are saints, its just that footballers like Terry are more high profile so are more easily noticed.

Might be awkward though if he has to line up alongside Bridge in defence...