The UK Babe Channels Forum
Snooker World Championships - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: Sports Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+----- Forum: Snooker (/forumdisplay.php?fid=294)
+----- Thread: Snooker World Championships (/showthread.php?tid=19599)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: Snooker World Championships - Snooks - 30-07-2020 21:03

Anthony Hamilton has announced his withdrawal from the World Championship over health concerns due to being an Asthmatic in the Covid19 pandemic.
He will still receive £20,000 and ranking points for qualifying for the event.

His first round opponent Kyren Wilson will presumably receive a bye into round 2.

The withdrawal has prompted a debate as to the timing of Hamilton's annoucement and it's ensuing consequence.

RE: Snooker World Championships - Doddle - 30-07-2020 21:27

Even worse news...

...Murphy and Hawkins are fit and well and still playing Sad

Barry not happy with Hamilton, but fair play I say. He needed the money/points and he got them by qualifying. That's Barry's edict, no wins no money.

You can't slag the "Sheriff of Pottingham", can you? It would be like kicking Bagpuss.

RE: Snooker World Championships - lovebabes56 - 30-07-2020 21:39

I can understand Hamilton's position but Think Judd Trump's comments probably were a little over the top, but you can see his side too.
I think to be fair Hamilton should have had a conversation with Barry before qualifying started, and made his position clear to him.
It's disappointed he has pulled out on the eve of the start of the tournament, but I think in all sports arenas that are intimate like the Crucible social distancing has to be maintained as best as possible but I think the players probably thrive on a audience being there, to encourage them.

RE: Snooker World Championships - Doddle - 31-07-2020 08:28

I would have thought World Snooker would have planned for any drop-outs. Did the 16 losers from the final round all run screaming for home?

RE: Snooker World Championships - Cooper_temple - 31-07-2020 11:19

Trump in trouble.

RE: Snooker World Championships - Snooks - 31-07-2020 12:46

No more reduced Crucible crowds after the PM announcements today.

RE: Snooker World Championships - circles_o_o_o - 31-07-2020 13:10

So Hamilton can play after all?

RE: Snooker World Championships - Snooks - 31-07-2020 13:44

The lockout takes effect from tomorrow as I understand it.
Reduced crowds will be allowed for the rest of today. The match involving Hamilton would have been due to start this afternoon.
The first session therefore in principle would have been in front of a reduced crowd while the second session would have been behind closed doors.
In practice though Kyren Wilson has already been granted the walkover win.
I am also not sure that either player could necessarily get to the Crucible in time or indeed whether Hamilton would be allowed to unwithdraw himself.

RE: Snooker World Championships - Doddle - 31-07-2020 14:17

Hamilton seems the honourable type who would say he'd already given his word and accepted the loss. Plus Kyren's not going to take it well, is he, if he suddenly has to play after all?

Can't recall who Hamilton beat, but then again I don't recall the last time someone pulled out so late for the World Championships anyway? Where's Clive Everton when you need him..?!

RE: Snooker World Championships - Tractor boy - 31-07-2020 14:34

Hamilton beat Scott Donaldson ( I think )