The UK Babe Channels Forum
Labour Leadership Contest - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Thread: Labour Leadership Contest (/showthread.php?tid=65568)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Labour Leadership Contest - Doddle - 17-07-2016 07:35

(16-07-2016 22:14 )mickster Wrote:  @Doddle .
1.Hilary Benn is NOT a TOTAL clone of his father .
I know, that was MY point.
Quote:2. John Smith was the architect of New Labour ,before his sad untimely death .
The ongoing tragedy of Labour is the death of John Smith. Sure, he was modernising the party, but there is no way he would have taken it as far as Blair & co did.
Quote:To quote Billy Brag "sweet moderation ,heart of this nation".
Billy Bragg, well-known Corbyn supporter? Bounce
Quote:Only Labour can defeat the Tories and only when led by a moderate .
Unfortunately, there aren't any standing. Or trying to stand.

RE: Labour Leadership Contest - Glenn Miller - 17-07-2016 12:07

Corbyn has only one significant achievement - the lowest popularity rating of any opposition leader in history.

RE: Labour Leadership Contest - Censorship :-( - 17-07-2016 13:34

(17-07-2016 02:31 )mickster Wrote:  I've yet to see a Left Wing Labour Leader win a General Election and don't see it changing anytime soon .
Only Labour can defeat the Tories and only when led by a moderate .
History proves this .
All the "protest" parties are pissing in the wind .
And don't get me started on the treacherous Liberals who paid for their treachery last time .
It's them and SNP who are keeping UK Tory .

The UK isn't Tory, England is.

And how are the SNP keeping 'it' Tory? Labour's failure in Scotland is as a result of Labour taking Scotland for granted, thinking they had a 'god-given' right to govern, and, in addition, implementing the Tory 'in all but name' polices of 'New Labour'. Not to mention that there are 59 MPs from Scotland out of 650 - the only time that Scottish votes matter is when the vote in England is close, and Labour, under Miliband, failed there too! And talking of Miliband, he 'cut the legs away' from so-called Scottish Labour, by falling into the Tory trap (stirring up SNP 'fear' in England, as an election ploy), by ruling out any kind of working arrangement in the event of a hung Parliament, so, yet again, sacrificed Scotland in favour of England, and got his comeuppance in both Countries.

RE: Labour Leadership Contest - terence - 17-07-2016 15:45

owen smith very polished. i liked what he had to say.

RE: Labour Leadership Contest - circles_o_o_o - 17-07-2016 19:03

How many "unity candidates" can you have before it starts getting all Monty Python?

Will Angela Eagle be pressured into standing down now, I wonder, or will they waste time arguing amongst themselves for too long.

RE: Labour Leadership Contest - HannahsPet - 17-07-2016 19:05

i cant see angela eagle quitting and i can see her getting the majority of MP's voting for her because if they have 2 men on the ballot then will damage the party

RE: Labour Leadership Contest - mickster - 18-07-2016 02:04

Corbyn will NEVER win a General Election .
End of .
Last time I looked Scotland was still part of UK .
Made up of the largest MINORITY party .
Who will scream and shout and stamp their feet and will NEVER achieve independence .
Nobody knows what John Smith would have done if he'd lived to be PM .

RE: Labour Leadership Contest - Tractor boy - 19-07-2016 17:26

Angela Eagle has pulled out of the leadership contest.

RE: Labour Leadership Contest - munch1917 - 20-07-2016 15:16

^^ Called it :

(12-07-2016 22:51 )munch1917 Wrote:  In the spirit of the moment, I predict that bald Eagle having started this contest, will withdraw before the vote and leave others to fight it out Big Grin

Big Laugh

RE: Labour Leadership Contest - Doddle - 20-07-2016 15:30

Owen Smith the ex-lobbyist makes Andrea Leadsom the ex-banker seem credible. I look forward to his supporters regurgitating the same rubbish excuses given during her brief campaign (eg "a fresh face" - as ludicrous an asset in a Prime Minister as in a potential Prime Minister, and not terribly plausible except to highlight what laughably few assets the candidate has).