The UK Babe Channels Forum
Rishi Sunak - and his miserly Government - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Thread: Rishi Sunak - and his miserly Government (/showthread.php?tid=86584)

RE: Rishi Sunak - and his miserly Government - southsidestu - 12-01-2023 12:46

Some graphs from The FT that lay bare The Tories time in power

[Image: D7PPiVi1_t.jpg] [Image: 0W7DPhCD_t.jpg] [Image: nb0jQEHq_t.jpg]

RE: Rishi Sunak - and his miserly Government - Tractor boy - 15-01-2023 12:45

Sunak wanting kids to study math till they are 18 is ridiculous. I studied math until I was 16 and am pretty much an expert in the subject. I doubt another 4 years would have done me any good.Smile

RE: Rishi Sunak - and his miserly Government - Snooks - 15-01-2023 14:06

If the objective is to allow children to be blessed with basic numeracy skills by the time they stop studying then I don't particularly have an objection IN PRINCIPLE.
Different children learn at different speeds.
I should know because my learning style at school was very unconventional. I didn't pick things up quickly and my academic school life was a struggle.
Maths is a key subject and numeracy a highly significant skill in many a workplace as well as in life. Not everyone will be blessed enough to be an expert at 18 or 20 or even older let alone at 16. Measures to boost learning in this area to facilitate greater understanding and a minimum A-C GCSE grade is not something I would necessarily oppose.
Maths is also a bridge over to science and undoubtedly opens up more options and opportunities than if the skill in the subject is not there.

However Wink.
In practice it is not so simple.
For a start there are not enough specifically qualified Maths teachers in schools to allow the subject to be taught to full and equal effect to all students of all capabilities.
Non qualified teaching assistants without the required knowledge and expertise cannot adequately fill the gap and pupils suffer.
Class sizes are too large which makes it more difficult still to tend to the numeracy development of each and every pupil.

On a wider point given the current cost of living crisis and all the issues surrounding it I am not entirely sure the public will would be to place mandatory Maths learning to the age of 18 at the forefront of policy priority.
A policy that would no doubt mean either that investment in the system to allow for it would be needed or that the government would be asking teachers to do even more work with the same amount of resource at a time when the demands on schools are already unsustainable. There are those that would say that practical reality should trump in principle policy objective.

It looks to me like typical mid to late term government posturing which will no doubt be replaced by sweetener bribes to win votes at the next election. That's how politics works.

RE: Rishi Sunak - and his miserly Government - ukdoll - 15-01-2023 16:41

Logic and critical thinking is what they should be taught. Then maybe they wouldn't all end up believing in wizards, vampires and magic men in the sky.

RE: Rishi Sunak - and his miserly Government - Rammyrascal - 15-01-2023 18:52

A holocaust survivor called out Suella Braverman on the language she's used regarding immigration including saying "an invasion of the south coast" saying it reminded her of the language used by the Nazi's in WW2 & Suella basically said she doesn't regret the language she's used

Disgusting from Cruella

RE: Rishi Sunak - and his miserly Government - HannahsPet - 15-01-2023 18:53

and the fact they are using home office apparatus to get it removed is also bad

RE: Rishi Sunak - and his miserly Government - Rammyrascal - 15-01-2023 18:56

(15-01-2023 18:53 )HannahsPet Wrote:  and the fact they are using home office apparatus to get it removed is also bad

Yep, that's just as bad as what Suella said

RE: Rishi Sunak - and his miserly Government - Snooks - 15-01-2023 19:09

Rehiring Braverman was one of a series of disastrously poor pieces of judgement on the part of Sunak. She is by far the most appalling of the bunch however.

Followed by contemptuous idiot Raab, Snake in the grass Gove and inflatable dartboard esque Cleverly at the Foreign office on the scale of unbearable awfulness.

RE: Rishi Sunak - and his miserly Government - Charlemagne - 16-01-2023 16:15

There's now questions over Nadim Zahawi use of an offshore company to hold shares in polling firm YouGov.

It's being investigated as to if he paid capital gains tax when the company was sold in 2018.

RE: Rishi Sunak - and his miserly Government - dundeered - 16-01-2023 20:11

The UK Government is taking the unprecedented move to try to block a piece of legislation from the Scottish Parliament. The piece of legislation being gender self identification.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-64288757

To me this is a direct threat to Scottish democracy.