The UK Babe Channels Forum
Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Thread: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? (/showthread.php?tid=80274)

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - The Silent Majority - 25-09-2020 05:39

Nobody is arguing against herd immunity by vaccination.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - HannahsPet - 25-09-2020 05:54

Exactly or we would have been shutting down every winter because of Flu

you get a safe vaccine to the vulnerable and then you can open everything up

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - munch1917 - 25-09-2020 07:36

Looks like they are struggling with supplies of the flu vaccine already as the vaccination plan has been extended this season. Little is currently being said about the over 50's, who were to be offered vaccination later in the season after the most vulnerable were dealt with. I wouldn't be surprised if that plan quietly gets sidelined at this rate Smile

We get offered vaccinations from work, and heard yesterday that they are hoping to get them done november time, maybe as late as december as they are struggling to get their supplies.

If they are struggling with the flu vaccine which is a long established vaccine which has been part of the production run for many years, it really doesn't bode well for production of a brand new covid vaccine which would be needed in even larger numbers.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - SecretAgent - 25-09-2020 08:01

I’ve paid for a vaccine for a few years now but the local surgery and Boots both say they cannot do it as no supplies because they are prioritising others. Now I can see why they would prioritise but it does seem as though they have not planned this very well if many of us won’t get a vaccine until well into flu season.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - HannahsPet - 25-09-2020 11:34

(25-09-2020 07:36 )munch1917 Wrote:  Looks like they are struggling with supplies of the flu vaccine already as the vaccination plan has been extended this season. Little is currently being said about the over 50's, who were to be offered vaccination later in the season after the most vulnerable were dealt with. I wouldn't be surprised if that plan quietly gets sidelined at this rate Smile

We get offered vaccinations from work, and heard yesterday that they are hoping to get them done november time, maybe as late as december as they are struggling to get their supplies.

If they are struggling with the flu vaccine which is a long established vaccine which has been part of the production run for many years, it really doesn't bode well for production of a brand new covid vaccine which would be needed in even larger numbers.

Or they have cut production of the Flu vaccine to concentrate on the Covid Vaccine which seems to be a higher priority

its just not the case of needing the vaccine itself its all the component parts ie the glass vials used to store it the syringes and other things a delay in one part of the system will cause problems in other areas

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - lovebabes56 - 25-09-2020 12:00

(25-09-2020 08:01 )SecretAgent Wrote:  I’ve paid for a vaccine for a few years now but the local surgery and Boots both say they cannot do it as no supplies because they are prioritising others. Now I can see why they would prioritise but it does seem as though they have not planned this very well if many of us won’t get a vaccine until well into flu season.

I am now wondering whether there will be a flu vaccine available after those most vulnerable are dealt with and coupled with the chase for a COVID vaccine, I get the feeling that if he COVID doesn't emerge until well into 2021, I worry it may be too late for much of the population, if we accept the science predictions s they are.

I very much wonder if there is shortage of vials and needles for the vaccine you can be sure it probably will have an impact on the supply and delivery of the winter flu jab.
I like you SA, have paid for my flu jab and have had mine done in Boots thr last few years, but it seems if they are going to have problems with supply I can imagine surgeries being overwhelmed with people claiming the jab when they don't need it.
I would say I'll definitely be looking around for a vaccination at some other store, but I think it would be better if the jabs at GP's should be given to all family members regardless of their age, so all the family is protected.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - HannahsPet - 25-09-2020 15:25

R Rate Rising More lockdowns for Leeds Cardiff and Swansea London is on the watchlist so will so be on Lockdown

Dont know why we dont go and do a whole lockdown and get it over and done with

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Rake - 25-09-2020 18:57

The one thing that is undeniably rising exponentially is the lockdowns...at this rate sooner or later the city and regional lockdowns will be so widespread they will coalesce into a de facto national lockdown!

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - lovebabes56 - 25-09-2020 19:06

We can't be that far from it!!

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - lovebabes56 - 25-09-2020 19:10

(25-09-2020 15:25 )HannahsPet Wrote:  R Rate Rising More lockdowns for Leeds Cardiff and Swansea London is on the watchlist so will so be on Lockdown

Dont know why we dont go and do a whole lockdown and get it over and done with

I reckon a national lockdown is going to kill several industries for good, but the big problems is if we go for a national lockdown now how much more damage is going to be done to our economy and would we be in a position with our economy may never recover from?
Looking back to March, if we had heeded the warning signs tha emerged at the stat of 2020, way before we locked down originally and locked down possibly two week earlier I wonder if we would have been a far better position even now.