The UK Babe Channels Forum
UK Energy Crisis - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Thread: UK Energy Crisis (/showthread.php?tid=84657)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: UK Energy Crisis - skully - 04-09-2022 21:47

Don't worry people, Truss will announce a plan within a week and it'll all be fine, inflation, cost of living, energy crisis, all no problem bladewave
I honestly don't think she could do/say anything that would give anyone (outside of the bubble) any reassurance, I am intrigued though.

RE: UK Energy Crisis - Freeloaderthatsme - 04-09-2022 23:01

(04-09-2022 21:47 )skully Wrote:  Don't worry people, Truss will announce a plan within a week and it'll all be fine, inflation, cost of living, energy crisis, all no problem bladewave
I honestly don't think she could do/say anything that would give anyone (outside of the bubble) any reassurance, I am intrigued though.

In dizzy Liss we Trusst

RE: UK Energy Crisis - lovebabes56 - 05-09-2022 08:01

I'd say day one she'll so stressed out that she'll have grey hairs on day 2 and be saying to herself : - "Why the bloody hell did i take part?"
She'll be gone by Christmas when they bloody realise she's not up to it.

Hope someone creates the Dizzy Liz Truss Thread if she she wins Tongue (I haven't got a name for one for the unthinkable scenario of Sunak winning!)

RE: UK Energy Crisis - HannahsPet - 10-09-2022 09:35

this is interesting the Warehouse association calling for solar to be allowed to put on warehouse roofs apparently til apri it would have meant higher business rates

https://www.ukwa.org.uk/market-intel/time-to-act-on-extortionate-and-obstructive-electricity-grid-if-we-are-to-tackle-the-energy-crisis-say-uk-warehouse-owners/?fbclid=IwAR0niRCg2EJCJcMfVjNinQwY5aGGsZ695waq_ludEl4DTdlhdyvQib​0-vks

RE: UK Energy Crisis - Charlemagne - 11-09-2022 09:11

I find it difficult to understand how some of the energy prices seem to be worked out.

Why are we feeling the heavy rises in fuel prices when at least 40% of our power comes from renewables.

RE: UK Energy Crisis - HannahsPet - 11-09-2022 10:40

because the price of electricy is based on the price of gas not renewables

RE: UK Energy Crisis - Charlemagne - 11-09-2022 10:52

So what's the point in having more wind powered generators or shale gas or more North Sea Oil, if they are also going to be charged at the higher rate.

RE: UK Energy Crisis - SecretAgent - 11-09-2022 10:58

(11-09-2022 10:52 )Charlemagne Wrote:  So what's the point in having more wind powered generators or shale gas or more North Sea Oil, if they are also going to be charged at the higher rate.

It's the stupidity of the way Ofcom manages the energy market Charles. It's also why the renewables energy generators are also making huge windfall profits at the moment and why the market needs to be reorganised so that pricing is based on an average of production costs not based on global gas prices (which also bear no relation to extraction costs but are demand based)

RE: UK Energy Crisis - Charlemagne - 11-09-2022 11:00

What I can't work out is why logs for the wood burner have doubled in price.
They don't come from Russia, just from a guy down the road.
Unlike money they do grow on trees. bladewave

RE: UK Energy Crisis - SecretAgent - 11-09-2022 11:14

I suspect that's a mix of profiteering, increased demand and the fact that Russia was a big wood exporter I believe