The UK Babe Channels Forum
General Election 2024 - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Thread: General Election 2024 (/showthread.php?tid=89003)

RE: General Election 2024 - southsidestu - 04-06-2024 22:16

The format was really bad, how will you fix the NHS, Economy & Immigration in 30 sec. GO !!

Well i would.....

Sorry i've got to stop it there

In the US debates they have one head to head, one town hall style & one where each candidate has a long form interview

A 30 minute interview with Mishal Hussein, Nick Robinson, Beth Rigby, KGM would be a much better way to go

RE: General Election 2024 - lovebabes56 - 04-06-2024 22:24

more likely Plan D which in all probability doesn't exist!!

RE: General Election 2024 - Freeloaderthatsme - 04-06-2024 22:32

(04-06-2024 22:24 )lovebabes56 Wrote:  more likely Plan D which in all probability doesn't exist!!
Rishi plans
You missed out on plan E and F,Plan F being Fuck it im off.

RE: General Election 2024 - Freeloaderthatsme - 04-06-2024 22:37

(04-06-2024 22:16 )southsidestu Wrote:  The format was really bad, how will you fix the NHS, Economy & Immigration in 30 sec. GO !!

Well i would.....

Sorry i've got to stop it there

In the US debates they have one head to head, one town hall style & one where each candidate has a long form interview

A 30 minute interview with Mishal Hussein, Nick Robinson, Beth Rigby, KGM would be a much better way to go
You have missed out on the big hitters on GB News.

RE: General Election 2024 - Snooks - 04-06-2024 23:06

I would far rather have each party leader subjected to a two hour interrogation by the likes of Andrew Neil on each of their policy agendas.

The following basic questions would be at the heart of the interrogation.

What is your solution to problem A or B or C etc
How would your solution work?
Why do you say it would work?
How much would it cost?
How would it be funded?
If the solution fails will the relevant cabinet minister resign?

Basic rule:
At no point are the leaders allowed to attack the opposing side. If they do they will be shouted down until they stop. Answer the question asked not the question they would like to have been asked.

Chances of this happening.
Approximately less than minus infinity RolleyesbladewaveRolleyes

RE: General Election 2024 - Freeloaderthatsme - 04-06-2024 23:44

(04-06-2024 23:06 )Snooks Wrote:  I would far rather have each party leader subjected to a two hour interrogation by the likes of Andrew Neil on each of their policy agendas.

The following basic questions would be at the heart of the interrogation.

What is your solution to problem A or B or C etc
How would your solution work?
Why do you say it would work?
How much would it cost?
How would it be funded?
If the solution fails will the relevant cabinet minister resign?

Basic rule:
At no point are the leaders allowed to attack the opposing side. If they do they will be shouted down until they stop. Answer the question asked not the question they would like to have been asked.

Chances of this happening.
Approximately less than minus infinity RolleyesbladewaveRolleyes
Andrew Neil would crucify these lot,they do not want to be seen shitting there pants on live tv.

RE: General Election 2024 - Snooks - 04-06-2024 23:50

Nothing better than seeing leaders wriggling and squirming their way through a proper interrogation Big Grin.

RE: General Election 2024 - Charlemagne - 05-06-2024 07:50

Sunak said that the Government's Treasury officials have worked out that Labour will have to put up tax by £2000.

The assumptions were given to them by the Conservatives, but why are The Treasury working for one side in the election?

RE: General Election 2024 - southsidestu - 05-06-2024 10:44

From the BBC's Political Correspondant Henry Zeffman:

Top civil servant's letter casts doubt on Tory tax claim

The chief Treasury civil servant wrote to Labour two days ago saying that the Conservatives’ assessment of their tax plans "should not be presented as having been produced by the civil service".

The letter from James Bowler, the Treasury permanent secretary, risks undermining Rishi Sunak’s claim in last night’s debate that Labour’s plans include £38bn of uncosted spending, which he says would mean £2,000 of tax rises per working household.

In a letter to Darren Jones, the shadow chief secretary to the Treasury, Bowler writes: "As you will expect, civil servants were not involved in the production or presentation of the Conservative Party’s document 'Labour’s Tax Rises' or in the calculation of the total figure used ... the £38bn figure used in the Conservative Party’s publication includes costs beyond those provided by the Civil Service".

"I agree that any costings derived from other sources or produced by other organisations should not be presented as having been produced by the Civil Service," he adds.

RE: General Election 2024 - skully - 05-06-2024 11:43

If people believe anything that comes from the Tories, whether it be what they say about Labour, or their promises on whatever, then those people are fucking idiots.