The UK Babe Channels Forum
Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Thread: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? (/showthread.php?tid=80274)

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Charlemagne - 26-10-2020 12:22

I see that the government aren't suspending the vat on PPE equipment after the 31st October. It will mean that surgical masks and gloves will then cost 20% more.

I was also shocked to see a report that there are a lot of people out there still wearing the same dirty mask every day.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - SecretAgent - 26-10-2020 13:32

(26-10-2020 08:34 )lovebabes56 Wrote:  50 Boots stores across the uk will offer covid swab tests costing £120

Just what we want. A load of sick people wandering into towns to get tests

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - lovebabes56 - 27-10-2020 05:42

I'd like to know where they got the price of £120 from

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - lovebabes56 - 27-10-2020 05:50

(26-10-2020 12:22 )Charlemagne Wrote:  I see that the government aren't suspending the vat on PPE equipment after the 31st October. It will mean that surgical masks and gloves will then cost 20% more.

I was also shocked to see a report that there are a lot of people out there still wearing the same dirty mask every day.

That's shocking but have to admit it's just as shocking seeing discarded masks, on the pavement walking to and from work, as where some people can't be too arsed to dispose of them properly.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - HannahsPet - 27-10-2020 10:28

Was watching a thing on BBC one new morning show about washable masks and the amount of bacterica after just one wear and it scared the crap out of me went and ordered some new washable ones and washed the old ones

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - SecretAgent - 27-10-2020 11:37

An Imperial College study has shown that after a few weeks the antibodies in people who have had Covid are lost meaning they are susceptible to repeat infection. That means the Herd immunity argument is invalid as you’d never get enough of the population immune.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - lovebabes56 - 28-10-2020 06:19

Which I wonderif that study, now has to make the Government set out it's exit strategy for tiers sooner rather than later.

When you get a study like that from Imperial College that is probably stark reading as it is likely suggested, it has some weight to it. I had heard it being mentioned on Five Live as well and it made me think if that is the case, it would probably take us years to get herd immunity to anything else that is deadly as this virus.
But didn't Boris ever advocate herd immunity once?

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - lovebabes56 - 28-10-2020 08:39

SAGE again presses for a second National Lockdown

Thoughts on George Eustace?

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Charlemagne - 28-10-2020 09:36

There's a report from Spain to say that 80% of those who have suffered from covid also have vitamin D deficiency. Which is odd for a country like Spain.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - lovebabes56 - 28-10-2020 09:50

Death from virus in UK pass 69,000
SHOCKING