The UK Babe Channels Forum
Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Printable Version

+- The UK Babe Channels Forum (https://www.babeshows.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: All Other Subjects (/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: News Zone (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Thread: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? (/showthread.php?tid=80274)

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - lovebabes56 - 02-11-2020 20:55

Historians as well

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - lovebabes56 - 02-11-2020 22:06

I will find out tomorrow morning what situation for work will be when I go in and if we have to close store again, it will be the 2nd time we have closed and it might not be as long in shutting down down store (last time took us three days) but the big worry is that in the back of my mind it might not be just 4 weeks, i reckon it could be early New Year 2021 before we are open again as a part of me thinks 4 weeks will not be enough to get this virus under control at this time of year which will fuck up our Christmas trading.

I Know that many Tory MP'S plan to vote against the Govt, (Which I think include the likes of Esther McVey & Sir Graham Brady), but I don't think there is going to be enough labour MP's rebelling & voting against this to defeat it.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - lovebabes56 - 03-11-2020 09:17

Liverpool to pilot a new testing regime...

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Goodfella3041 - 03-11-2020 10:11

I’m seeing so many people — babeshow girls included — sounding off against lockdown with the dubious statistic that “suicide will kill more people than COVID”. Danni King is the latest. Emilie Rae was on about it earlier.

Look, I hate that we’re locking down and I’m not at all convinced that it will help. I don’t mind people being pissed about it or complaining about it.

But it bugs me when they lash out with ill-deserved confidence in bullshit stats that cannot possibly be true.

Just to be sure, I checked. In all of 2019, there were about 450 deaths per month in England & Wales that were recorded as suicide. Since the pandemic hit, there have been roughly 5,600 deaths per month. That suicide-vs-COVID trope isn’t just wrong — it’s very, very, very wrong. It’s wrong by a factor greater than 10.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - SecretAgent - 03-11-2020 14:14

I encourage you all to exercise during the 2nd lockdown Tongue

Be a SecretAgent

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Boomerangutangangbang - 03-11-2020 15:28

(03-11-2020 10:11 )Goodfella3041 Wrote:  I’m seeing so many people — babeshow girls included — sounding off against lockdown with the dubious statistic that “suicide will kill more people than COVID”. Danni King is the latest. Emilie Rae was on about it earlier.

Look, I hate that we’re locking down and I’m not at all convinced that it will help. I don’t mind people being pissed about it or complaining about it.

But it bugs me when they lash out with ill-deserved confidence in bullshit stats that cannot possibly be true.

Just to be sure, I checked. In all of 2019, there were about 450 deaths per month in England & Wales that were recorded as suicide. Since the pandemic hit, there have been roughly 5,600 deaths per month. That suicide-vs-COVID trope isn’t just wrong — it’s very, very, very wrong. It’s wrong by a factor greater than 10.
I know at the start of this pandemic some of the members of SAGE didn't want their identities to be know, for various reasons, not sure if that's still the case. But it would be a big shock any babeshow types were actually part of this group.Wink
You can only hope that the majority of people use some of the more mainstream platforms to inform themselves about this pandemic & not babes social media. I would guess that they have picked up on a story of a suspected suicide which I'd seen yesterday. Really sad, but it's the first case that I've seen reported on during this time. It would be better for all concerned if they stayed well clear of subjects like these, without all the facts, & perhaps they could help moral in ways that they are better qualified.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Goodfella3041 - 03-11-2020 18:31

(03-11-2020 15:28 )Boomerangutangangbang Wrote:  I know at the start of this pandemic some of the members of SAGE didn't want their identities to be know, for various reasons, not sure if that's still the case. But it would be a big shock any babeshow types were actually part of this group.Wink

LOL Big Laugh

Fair point!

I think my singling out of babeshow babe perspectives on coronavirus is more of a reflection on my Twitter feed than it is on the importance of their particular points of view.

I guess my point is just that there is a lot of dodgy information out there and, frankly, if it isn’t coming from a credible source, I’d be very circumspect about much of it.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - Boomerangutangangbang - 03-11-2020 19:15

^^ My Twitter feed has a rather unnerving Babeshow bias, not something I'm proud of, saying that being on Twitter in the first place is not something to be proud of.
Social media can do more harm than good in times like these. It's hard enough to trust the so called experts & our government, let alone joe public.

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - gunnar - 03-11-2020 19:51

Good interview with Professor Carl Heneghan from the Centre for Evidence Based Medicine. He talks about how the number of projected deaths, upon which the forthcoming lockdown is based, are wildly exaggerated. Also he talks about the problems with the PCR test in diagnosing active infections, among other things.

This is the twitter account of the Professor and the website of the Centre for Evidence Based medicine, if anyone wants to take a look.

https://twitter.com/carlheneghan?lang=en

https://www.cebm.net/

RE: Coronavirus - is enough being done to contain it? - gunnar - 03-11-2020 20:28

Another Interview saying that the governments data to justify the lockdown is spurious to say the least.

Great Barrington Declaration co-author Professor Sunetra Gupta, on how lockdown is the wrong idea and herd immunity is not a dirty word.